Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 11:44 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,730,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Most people in America have no problem with our Christian heritage. Tell me, do you wear ear plugs when they sing God Bless America at baseball games? You can't get anymore American than that. Our patriotic hymns like "My Country Tis of Thee" reference God our King. And that song was written in 1831, not in 1951. You want to distort history as some kind of anti-fundamentalist rant here.

The only thing that has been accomplished here is that your ultra PC side has become the new monster of intolerance. You present a belief that you can NEVER be wrong on anything which only sets up a social situation where government is the deciding factor. So you got the power now. Bravo. Let's see how fast you run the country down the toliet. BTW, there were plenty of Christians who opposed slavery and freed slaves so stop putting all the blame on us.

So now you want to attack churches? You really are an enemy of God's people.

This is the typical lie from your side. Unless it impacts me directly then I shouldn't have a voice against it. Really? Does that argument work for anything else? "Unless I am directly affected by bank robbers, I shouldn't be against bank robbers". It is impacting people.

Only God can look into the heart's of man and make judgements. You are not God, but your relentless miserable angry attacks and insults certainly doesn't speak much of your testimony.
None of God's people have stated I am an enemy of God's people, just fundamentalists like you. There is no "US" and "them." I see you exactly as I see everyone else. Homosexuals need and many want to find the God you shut them out from. Most of them probably are more moral than you seeing as none have posted on here that you are an abomination. None of them talk about the obvious self-serving agenda of bigoted Christians. And many of them have superior biblical knowledge to you. None, like you, have praised being biblically ignorant in order to please the god you worship.

Long before I quit regular church attendance I refused to stand and sing patriotic songs in church on the Fourth of July weekend in particular? I spent many years overseas and realized how demeaning singing nationalistic pep songs in church sounds to those in other countries.

When people who claim to be Christian appear to be nothing but nationalistic automatons it turns off people of other nations. You think God is in this nation whereas I see this nation is in God's world---oops, here it comes--and God sees no difference in this nation from Syria or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. Just like he sees no difference you or me or the ugliest vilest sinful homosexual on earth. He sees no difference because, according to the bible you worship when it suits you, His Son died for the people you hate as well. And yes you hate them. No one refuses to bake a cake for anyone they love as themselves. No one shuts the door to a house of worship to two men holding hands if they understand Jesus died for everyone.

Well, I take that back. Your idol has a story in it about a Pharisee praying to God and thanking God that he was not like the homosexual standing in the corner begging God to have mercy on him. No you aren't like that homosexual at all. But maybe he won't be a religious bigot like you and will rescue you when you lie bloody and dying in a ditch. Oh, you say that wasn't a homosexual? If it is a sinner in need of a Savior who died for his sins then calling that sinner an abomination is slapping Jesus in the face and telling Him He screwed up

You reveal a different kind of abomination to all of us. A self-righteous, biblically ignorant Pharisee who decides for himself who Jesus can die for and who He is allowed to save. Frankly I do not care if He died for you---you don't know how to live for Him, and like Him I watch what people do rather than be concerned about what they believe. In the end you are not among those who seek to be Jesus wise, but rather count yourself with those who are Roman foolish. The Romans waved flags and evoked their gods in war as well.

God's people are the ones He chooses--not you. Jesus was a radical anti-establishment person who ended up crucified because He challenged the rich, privileged fundamentalists of His time telling them they were vipers.

I don't need to be PC--you do. I don't belong to any godless group that rises up in arms if I question its lack of logical arguments---you do. I belong to no bunch of hateful people who enjoy waving flags to encourage our armies to destroy people God made---you do. In every respect you cannot think for yourself even if you had the education to do it. THEY control you and find ways to pressure you to conform to a disgusting hypocritical agenda.

You have met the enemy and he is your "friends" in YOUR church who encourage you to go against everything Jesus taught against--including that flag waving.

You flushed this nation down the toilet decades ago. You refused to help fundamentalist churches escape from their stunted morality. Your religion has been the tail end of every change in freedom and spirituality for centuries. Others had to come to develop a new moral compass while your religion hindered and fought them all the way.

As Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it always bends toward justice,".

Run, don't walk. That arc has left you behind and is moving further into the heavens.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 05-30-2016 at 12:00 AM..

Old 05-30-2016, 04:45 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yes, I mean the gay person on the ark. I don't follow your logic. We can only be gay if one of our parents are gay?
We don't cotton to any inter-marriage down here in the South...Gay folks are just fine as long as they stay with there own kind and donta be marryin' with our straight folk...G-d didn't intend for straights and gays to be intermarryin'....Why that's just downright un-natural-like....

Old 05-30-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Exactly. And that means that the lineage goes all the way back to one of those eight on the ark. Of course, not every child born to a homosexual will also be homosexual. That explains why only about two percent of the population are gay. I work with a gay person and her father is gay but her daughter is not. With all the mixing between the offspring of the eight, gay can be expected to show up far less frequently than one in eight.
Well, my great great great, lemme see, uh, great grandpa and grandma were gay, so that makes me one-eighth gay on my mother's side....So, i'm part Irish, part Jewish and a smidgen gay....

Old 05-30-2016, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Incorrect. The mere state of being homosexual is not a sin. I don't understand why it is so difficult for people to understand this.

Sexual immorality is condemned in the bible. That includes adultery and fornication (sex outside of marriage). Sex between two men or two women is no more or less immoral than sex between any unmarried people or between people other than their spouses.

A celibate homosexual is not committing any sexual sin.

When the churches that condemn homosexuality begin equally condemning adultery and fornication - including their own members who are living together outside of marriage and couples who want to get remarried in their church- they will cease being hypocrites. In the meantime, they lose the respect of people who can see their double standard and hypocrisy.

I am not a Christian. I don't believe anything the bible says as fact. But I have zero respect for a church or person that states that one type of sexual sin is fiendishly immoral and another type is fairly forgivable because it's committed by heterosexuals. Churches and Christians need to be consistent or shut up.
You might want to recheck that sex outside of marriage information, it's not exactly accurate...

Old 05-30-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
What always makes me curious is that when some atheists challenge Christians with the whole "Well your Bible says X but you do not do X" they VERY often get the answer that this was the "old covenant" and Jesus came to bring a "new covenant" and a new law to follow.

But when people, like yourself, who have an Axe to grind about something, like homosexuality, quote the bible.......... they are happy to quote the "old" stuff to support their case then. This seems to be an extreme case of cherry picking to me.

Either your Jesus character overruled the old stuff or he did not. Which is it?

It is interesting that when God said he was going to make a new covenant with the houses of Judah and Israel he said that he would write his laws on their hearts, not new laws...

Old 05-30-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God blessed King David with many women, but no men. Matter of fact, there isn't one case in the Bible of a homosexual relationship that God blessed, endorsed and/or approved of. Zero. The debate is over.
So, having multiple wives is ok?...

Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But David seems to have TAKEN a few MEN on his own...

Nor is there ONE where your gittb ACTED against SSM or relationships..GAME OVER, illogical interpretation loses AGAIN!

I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.--U know the scripture---

ONE MUST HAVE BEEN SAVED and a CHRISTIAN...
34 'I say to you, In that night, there shall be two men on one couch, the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left

Old 05-30-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
moonbeam33 wrote: "The mere state of being homosexual is not a sin."

If the homosexual person is born again, washed in the blood of Jesus, then he or she will have God's grace to resist the sin of engaging in homosexual acts. The temptation may still be there, but God's grace is sufficient to overcome it.
How are you making out with that?...

Old 05-30-2016, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
and included as a man of faith.
Do not be deceived Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have
sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit
the kingdom of God.
sex was intended between 1 man \ 1 woman who are m a r r i e d
" Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body?
For it is said, 'The two will become one flesh' "
and who said 'The two will become one flesh'
“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ [a]
and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,
and the two will become one flesh’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh." [b]

[a] Matthew 19:4 Gen. 1:27
[b] Matthew 19:5 Gen. 2:24
Twin.spin, what an appropriate name...

Old 05-30-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nope, it's not since it's directed at straight people engaged in ritual orgies in pagan temples. Has nothing to do with gay people
Sorry, Fiyero, as much as I find that fundies rants disgusting, that was just twisting right there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity