Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 05:12 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The day I stop lusting after a woman I'll be dead inside. Oh wait, I am dead inside! I'm not joking.

So were is the sin in admiring and/or being stirred by an attractive person?
An elderly man my husband used to work with used to say, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Old 05-28-2016, 05:15 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
An elderly man my husband used to work with used to say, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

Old 05-28-2016, 06:28 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Well, now I'm feeling kind of stupid. I guess I'm just not a country music fan and it obviously shows.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:22 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Heck, if I was just worried about the actual acts of sex, it would take a great burden off my shoulders. I haven't touched anyone in 15 years but I am still guilty of sexual immorality all the time. I mean that I believe what Jesus said when he said that if you even lust after a woman, you have committed the act, and so you see, it sucks to be me, I am always guilty all the time.

I wouldn't wish that much guilt on anyone, but I do believe what was said.
Would someone explain (in concise English) what the difference is between "lusting" and "normal" sexual attraction?

Old 05-28-2016, 07:23 PM

Some of my best quotes are from songs...

Old 05-28-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Would someone explain (in concise English) what the difference is between "lusting" and "normal" sexual attraction?
Lusting is leaving money on the night stand after sex and having sex 3-4 days a week, and normal sexual attraction is buying the farm, station wagon and 2.3 children--after that ALL sex is off...

Old 05-28-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
Try answering the specific question I put to you. What sexual activity do homosexuals engage in that heterosexuals don't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
duh ..... homosexuality
Well, plain decency prevents us from 'going there' with regard to graphic descriptions; however, I think what Rafius is alluding to is that, in actuality, homosexuals DON'T perform any specific sexual acts that heterosexuals DON'T ALSO perform. So, in other words, why would homosexuality be referred to as 'sexual perversion' or 'abomination' (the anti-gay catch-cry of the 'fundies') without also including 'who knows how many' heterosexuals that are equally 'perverted' or 'abominable'? See how silly it is projecting one's own vulgar imagination as to what two people get up to in their bedrooms?

What Christians need to start doing is concentrating on "What Would Jesus Do?" in the case of the many genuine situations that arise on a daily basis and forget about flaunting their own perceived expertise on human sexuality of which they have little or none.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Lusting is leaving money on the night stand after sex and having sex 3-4 days a week, and normal sexual attraction is buying the farm, station wagon and 2.3 children--after that ALL sex is off...
Ah, so that's the difference ...and in concise English!

Old 05-28-2016, 08:04 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
"Lusting" is a much more delicious word.

"Stop having normal sexual attraction to that woman/man over there!" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I would agree in its context, yet I cant understand why anyone who is gay would care what the bible says? It is passe.
That IS a good point. Also, many gay people do want to be a part of the Christian Church. Why would anyone want to be a part of something that appears to be against them?

Well, this question was raised and answered on the Australian TV Program Q&A (the link below) a couple of years ago. I have no idea how to 'copy and paste' one section of a clip or even if it can be done at all. So, the part to which I refer begins at 8-minutes into the program and finishes about the 14-minutes mark. Actually, the entire 60-minute program is worth watching since it addresses some of the issues we're discussing here on this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDncloSPtKU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity