Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 01:32 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,312,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber munchkin View Post
it must really bother you that they live in your neighborhood, teach at the local schools and being pastors to ask such a question .

Yet to answer it, it is none of my business what the ssm and lgbt ppl do in their lives . It is between them and god !
roflmfao....
Attached Thumbnails
I don't understand why homosexuals have to twist the bible into saying its OK to be gay-banner_deny_rights_sandlin_.jpg  

Old 05-27-2016, 02:06 PM

88,863 posts, read 85,323,488 times
Bad word choice. No type of sexual activity CAUSES HIV.

It is CAUSED by a virus. It is TRANSMITTED through body fluids.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:42 PM

643 posts, read 474,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Um...in the SKY? LOL. God's not in sky, unless maybe you're 4 years old.

You seem to be confusing me with someone else. I have never and would not say the Bible is a book of love. It's a collection of writings of different types.

Don't try to oversimplify what I mean by love being the path. Remember that I am a survivor of the 9/11 attacks. I know better than any of you on here what misuse of religion does up close and personal. I carry pictures in my head you never saw sitting on your couch looking at video shot from a quarter mile away. That's exactly why I will ramble on about the importance of acceptance, of seeking our commonalities rather than our differences, of breaking down our propensity to divide into Us versus Them despite the odds, until the day I step through that door I dodged in 2001.
You being near any 9/11 attack does not give you any insite any more than the rest of us on religion or what its problems are. It may give you more knowledge of what a collapsing building smells like or a plane hitting the pentagon depending on where you were but other than that your experience does nothing more than anyone else on religion. The man in the sky metaphor that you don't seem to understand is one used by many to equate the idea that there is something supernatural in control. Sorry it went over your head.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:00 PM

88,863 posts, read 85,323,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
You being near any 9/11 attack does not give you any insight any more than the rest of us on religion or what its problems are. It may give you more knowledge of what a collapsing building smells like or a plane hitting the pentagon depending on where you were but other than that your experience does nothing more than anyone else on religion. The man in the sky metaphor that you don't seem to understand is one used by many to equate the idea that there is something supernatural in control. Sorry it went over your head.
It may be that working in a multicultural environment (WTC) is what gave me the insight. The event gave me the resolve to speak out against the mindsets that put is in those situations. The 9/11 community is multicultural, including multi-faith.

It's not "don't seem to understand". It's "tired of same old stupid unoriginal phrases". Metaphor my azz.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:14 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,719,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
roflmfao....
https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...s_sandlin_.jpg

ok, so you're saying "When you deny people their human right to equality, you not only deny their humanity, but you devalue your own" didn't you pay attention to that quote ?

Wow, that is not saying much as you devalue your own self as you are intolerant and discriminate against ppl who don't belong to the LGBT community and their human right to equality .

Equality is ensuring individuals or groups of individuals are treated fairly and equally and no less favorably, specific to their needs, this would include ... areas of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation and age.

We are all created by God as man or woman and we all come into this world the same way, born through the womb . With God there is no partiality !

Your intolerance in what you post by denying those who choose not to agree with the homosexual life, you deny their humanity, their humanity to be and believe as they choose by mocking, ridiculing them in what they believe in God and His will for mankind especially calling their God "a god that lives in a tiny box" .

I think you need to reevaluate what you post because as you're "roflmfao".... you're the pot calling the kettle black . I do read you post to those you are not fond of and how you treat them and it isn't any different (possibly worse) then what you accuse other's of saying and doing to the LGBT ppl .
Ppl are ppl regardless of their choices in life, and what your doing is just like when they segregated the ppl during the 60's . Putting some in one camp and others in another . You're discriminating and denying ppl their humanity to choose as they please with God, with life, with religion, etc., etc. by mocking them !!

Old 05-27-2016, 04:29 PM

10,099 posts, read 5,766,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So heterosexuals engage in SEXUAL relationships causing HIV. OK, GOT IT!

Then explain why the homosexual infection rate is SIXTY TIMES higher than heterosexual. With your logic, heterosexuals should be contracting it much much more.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:31 PM

45,763 posts, read 27,415,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yep, it's frustrating. I encountered the same thing with DRob in this thread and the Transgender thread. And, rbbi, well, how it looks to me is that she is so intent on appearing to be a spiritual giant who knows the bible code, nothing else much matters.
Actually, I have to give myself quotas on certain topics.

I saw your post requesting another answer to your question - and I answered it briefly about page 40 something even though Mystic said that I didn't. It was at the bottom of one of those pages. But I spent enough time here this week.

Life on earth is short.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:54 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,312,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...s_sandlin_.jpg

ok, so you're saying "When you deny people their human right to equality, you not only deny their humanity, but you devalue your own" didn't you pay attention to that quote ?

Wow, that is not saying much as you devalue your own self as you are intolerant and discriminate against ppl who don't belong to the LGBT community and their human right to equality .

Equality is ensuring individuals or groups of individuals are treated fairly and equally and no less favorably, specific to their needs, this would include ... areas of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation and age.

We are all created by God as man or woman and we all come into this world the same way, born through the womb . With God there is no partiality !

Your intolerance in what you post by denying those who choose not to agree with the homosexual life, you deny their humanity, their humanity to be and believe as they choose by mocking, ridiculing them in what they believe in God and His will for mankind especially calling their God "a god that lives in a tiny box" .

I think you need to reevaluate what you post because as you're "roflmfao".... you're the pot calling the kettle black . I do read you post to those you are not fond of and how you treat them and it isn't any different (possibly worse) then what you accuse other's of saying and doing to the LGBT ppl .
Ppl are ppl regardless of their choices in life, and what your doing is just like when they segregated the ppl during the 60's . Putting some in one camp and others in another . You're discriminating and denying ppl their humanity to choose as they please with God, with life, with religion, etc., etc. by mocking them !!

I am not denying anyone their civil rights. I am doing my best to DENY them the opportunity to deny others..

Obviously some people are so consumed by cultist belles they scream PERSECUTION when told they cannot force others to worship their god and follow their god's precepts..

Civil rights are what you are doing for yourself, they are NOT what you get to do to other people.

ROFLMFAO because I CAN'T CRY NO MORE..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3cGLtULeI

Old 05-27-2016, 05:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Life on earth is short.
There you go, Jeff. Another reason to take in a ball game.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:30 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Actually, I have to give myself quotas on certain topics.

I saw your post requesting another answer to your question - and I answered it briefly about page 40 something even though Mystic said that I didn't. It was at the bottom of one of those pages. But I spent enough time here this week.
No, you didn't answer either post in this thread or the posts in the other. You replied to one (snarkily) with a couple lines, in this thread. There is a difference. Is it frustrating? Sure, but it was my choice to make the effort even knowing that that is your M.O. I'll probably make the effort again at some point. I don't think it's a waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity