Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 08:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
David was bisexual and his relationship with Jonathan was homosexual (homosexual = same sex).

People are capable or telling the difference between friendship and romantic love. They are not the same thing and one doesn't cancel the other, in other words, you can have a beloved friend and empathise with him or her a lot, but that doesn't cancel a person's capacity and need for romantic love. They are different kinds of love that satify different needs in humans.

Because the nature of the story between them is evidently romantic is that the story stood out among the others. The romanticism of the story is not something that has been noticed recently; for as long as the bible has been accesible to people the story always caught people's attention for this reason.

And when David ends the story with tears saying that Jonathan's love was more wonderful for him than the love of women he is clearly saying what kind of love they were sharing and that it romantic love.
This sounds like truth.

Which is why fundamentalists only know it by the pinging sound it makes when bouncing off their Fundashields Of Determined Ignorance.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:53 PM

88,624 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're pretty hep for a Christian.

Keep singing it, Sister!
Ooo, no one's ever said I was hep before.. And no one probably ever will again.

Seriously, the Christians I interact with all think this way. I take a theological discussion class, which ended tonight for the summer, and we discuss the deeper meanings of the faith and what it means to us, the history, different ways the writings can be read in their context, etc. The backward stuff I read on here sounds so outdated and bizarre to me.

Which reminds me, I have to find and bump a thread.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:08 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,589,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And millions of people would disagree with you. You have ZERO I repeat ZERO evidence that the Bible is a book of myths. Thanks for playing.
And millions of people would disagree with you. You have ZERO evidence that it isn't a book of myths. Thanks for playing.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:18 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,995,283 times
Quote:
And millions of people would disagree with you. You have ZERO I repeat ZERO evidence that the Bible is a book of myths. Thanks for playing.
On the contrary. There's the creation myth (three of them actually), the flood myth, the Sodom and Gomorrah myth, the Gerico Myth, Moses striking the rock three times to form a spring myth, the burning bush myth and I'm getting tired of typing! Don't forget all the Egyptian myths.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:20 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Well then, I can simply claim that homosexuality is a paraphilia. It's abnormal. One only has to look at the physical design of the two genders and see that they were meant to compliment each other in a relationship. A child needs both a father and a mother as well. That's what God created.
Homosexuality doesn't fit that definition, sorry. You're not a scientist or doctor, stop acting like one. You're ignorance is ridiculous. You haven't the foggiest understanding of biology or the complexities behind how homosexuality benefits populations.

Hatred is more important to you than truth, which is why you will always live in ignorance.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I look back too ... and see people like you folks were the minority and any posts like your crowd vomits would resided in the atheist \ agnostic forum instead of here.

So despite your wishful yet continual hateful narrative, if this forum was the sewer it has become back in 2007, there would be no reason to suspect anything different in my approach.

Nice try.
You don't seem to like it much when you get called out for your bigoted hatred of gays! Do you think they like it when you spew your vomit hatred at them? But you get away with it lightly, you only face it on an internet forum and even then you can simply walk away, they have to face it in real life!

Old 05-31-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's ok ... we both are only allowed one per day.
Hey! You are human! So why the anti-gay stance? You don't have to like the idea, it's just that these people really cannot do otherwise. Just like a woman cannot be like a man (usually) and us men cannot be like a woman. We are wired differently, we are attracted to the opposite sex. Well, gays are wired differently again. Lust like a straight man is attracted to women, a gay man is attracted to men. You and I can not understand it but we don't have to. We don't have to live with it.

All I'm asking is that you have some compassion for these people who are born different. Consider how they might feel.

Last edited by 303Guy; 05-31-2016 at 11:49 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 11:48 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
If a same sex adoption is the best option for the child in that situation, that's fine. But they still would fare better with a mother and father.
What if the male/female parents are abusive to the child and the male/male, female/female couple are loving, kind and generous. Is the child still better of with the male/female parents.

I don't expect you to answer btw.as this question will also expose your bigotry and as such, will be seen by you as a 'trick question'.

Quote:
You have ZERO I repeat ZERO evidence that the Bible is a book of myths. Thanks for playing.
Yes we have and you have been shown it many times. Would you like to go head-to-head with me in debate...just you and I? You prove what is true and I'll prove what is false. How say you?

Old 05-31-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The bible is more than that, Clark. It's poetry and prose and history and formation of the identity of an ancient culture that's not quite history but the myth and legend that makes up that identity. It contains wisdom and idiocy. It's literature that has survived time and influenced thought and art and culture.

What it isn't is the inerrant, dictated, literal words of God. That's the way it's always been misused to justify bigotry.
I can't rep you so I'll just give you a good post thumbs up!

Old 06-01-2016, 12:55 AM

889 posts, read 826,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
"I don't understand why homosexuals have to twist the bible into saying its OK to be gay?"

Maybe it is because of the long standing habit of Christians twisting the Bible into saying what they want to do is ok.
If you look at the historical record, it practically looks like a Christian tradition. LOL

Example? The one that comes to mind first is the way half the colonies resurrected slavery after it was abolished in Europe.
It's a by-product of sola scriptura. Once any man could decide what the Truth was with just him or her and his or her Bible, the fracturing and chaos began.

So if you want someone to blame on why homosexuals twist the bible, it's because there is no organization with any authority in the Protestant world. So I would start the blame with Martin Luther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity