Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You fundy evangelicals have inserted hell into bible verses all over the place to justify your false gospel. Jesus Christ did not come to save us from eternal hell, it's a downright lie nowhere to be found in the scriptures. By simply taking off your fundy colored glasses you will see this too, but you won't because you are far too attached to a lie you have believed to be truth for far too long
The reader can decide for themself. I encourage everyone to read and re-read the words of Christ and the apostles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 11:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I reject nothing Jesus said, but you do (and pcamps, Mystic, Jerwade, nate). Yes, God is available to everyone, but some reject Him. We see that here on the CD. Our job as Christians is to share the gospel and make new disciples, as Christ commanded.
As far as I am concerned as someone who knows the scriptures, it is you that rejects the fundamental teachings of Jesus which stem from abiding in the love of God. Your job is to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness for yourself so that you grow into his likeness so that the people see God in you and glorify our Father in heaven.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
As far as I am concerned as someone who knows the scriptures, it is you that rejects the fundamental teachings of Jesus which stem from abiding in the love of God. Your job is to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness for yourself so that you grow into his likeness so that the people see God in you and glorify our Father in heaven.
I reject nothing Christ said. You do, though. Anytime Jesus speaks of judgment, you reject the obvious meaning and make up something else. You sound like the serpent in Genesis, "You shall not surely die!"

I agree with your last sentence. That's the job of every Christian. It a life-long process called sanctification.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I reject nothing Christ said. You do, though. Anytime Jesus speaks of judgment, you reject the obvious meaning and make up something else. You sound like the serpent in Genesis, "You shall not surely die!"

I agree with your last sentence. That's the job of every Christian. It a life-long process called sanctification.
No Jimmie, I accept and understand judgement, what I do not accept is what you fundamentalists have been taught it means by your false shepherds

Old 06-05-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
No Jimmie, I accept and understand judgement, what I do not accept is what you fundamentalists have been taught it means by your false shepherds
You don't even accept what Jesus said about it! At least Mystic is honest. He doesn't believe Jesus said everything attributed to Him.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:14 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:

Life long? And here I always thought that FORGIVENESS was instantaneous and FOREVER...I guess Jesus was unclear and really meant to say that NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER until they endure a LIFE-TIME of repentance...then MAYBE they will make the third heaven.

If it takes a life time (how long is a life time?) what becomes of those who die young? Can or will they be able to attain sanctification???

Old 06-05-2016, 12:15 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
You don't even accept what Jesus said about it! At least Mystic is honest. He doesn't believe Jesus said everything attributed to Him.
You assume that "judgment" and "condemnation" mean eternal torment because you have been programmed to assume it. The intent of the words attributed to Jesus, like the meaning of most communication, is colored by the preconceptions of the person on the receiving end.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:37 PM

23,127 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
32. And if ye love them that love you, what thank have ye? for even sinners love those that love them.

33. And if ye do good to them that do good to you, what thank have ye? for even sinners do the same.

34. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? even sinners lend to sinners, to receive again as much.

35. But love your enemies, and do them good, and lend, never despairing; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be sons of the Most High: for he is kind toward the unthankful and evil.

36. Be ye merciful, even as your Father is merciful. (Luke 6:32-36)

Last night somebody laid on their horn for 5 whole min and woke me up past midnight. For most people this wouldn't be a problem but I am not myself when I wake up. I am Bi-Polar and so I go out there screaming cursing and the people run in their house afraid. 15 or 20 min later I feel so guilty that I could really hurt myself but I wouldn't, and I would not have laid a hand on those people but I literally explode, they run saying something and I am like,'' Shut the &%# up.''

Then I am filled with shame day and night until I will eventually confront them, probably buy them a 20 dollar gift card and beg their forgiveness.

Problem is, this happens too often and I don't have that much money.

It's not really fair to be me, they should study me and the two people I am, but it is way harder for some people to be loving, I always walk around so ashamed.

Wonder if there is hope for the Bi-Polar?

Old 06-05-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You just like Pleroo stated are assuming condemnation means being sent to hell. Jesus said where are they that condemn to the woman caught in adultery, he did not say where are they that are condemning you to hell yet you like all fundamentalists that reject the spirit of Jesus Christ and the spirit of the scriptures, tag hell onto everything to fit your beliefs that own you. You will not let go of them because you love the darkness of them rather the light,it sucks when you realize you have been believing wrong for years on end, but there is also freedom by seeing it and accepting it.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:57 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
You just like Pleroo stated are assuming condemnation means being sent to hell. Jesus said where are they that condemn to the woman caught in adultery, he did not say where are they that are condemning you to hell yet you like all fundamentalists that reject the spirit of Jesus Christ and the spirit of the scriptures, tag hell onto everything to fit your beliefs that own you. You will not let go of them because you love the darkness of them rather the light,it sucks when you realize you have been believing wrong for years on end, but there is also freedom by seeing it and accepting it.
That is so true. "It sucks" is actually putting it mildly. It's a total upheaval and unbelievably unsettling. But the freedom it brings is absolutely worth the pain of the process.

Last edited by Pleroo; 06-05-2016 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity