Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,474,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Believers have no reason to fear the wrath of God. They have received mercy. Those who reject God, that's another story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I suppose that depends on what they believe?
Quote:
Romans 10

9 If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
... if not, this holy god of yours will inflict eternal pain and suffering on those who do not believe.

Now, that's good news!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 10:45 PM

64,092 posts, read 40,390,471 times
Quote:
... if not, this holy god of yours will inflict eternal pain and suffering on those who do not believe.
Now, that's good news!
I cannot comprehend how they can claim to love and respect such a Godfather offer they can't refuse!!!! How do they not see how evil it is to demand "or else"??? No one is confused about whether or not the Godfather is evil. I just don't get how such barbarity has survived into the 21st century.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:09 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,423,854 times
Quote:
Believers have no reason to fear the wrath of God. They have received mercy. Those who reject God, that's another story.
Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked.

The fundamentalist replied, “The one who showed him mercy.”

Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same.”

Do you really believe that Jesus Christ would ask you to do something that he would not do himself?.

There is no way on God's green earth that you can have unwavering confidence before God with a mindset of God that is unmerciful towards others. The more I read this kind of stuff the more I'm sick to the stomach. I know that within me there is an abundance of mercy towards them that may reject me, this leaves me to the conclusion that this abundance of mercy within me is God's, if not my own, and that means I'm more merciful than God himself. So my question to you is, this abundance of mercy within me, is it God's or my own ?.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:15 AM

611 posts, read 282,951 times
Quote:

Now, that's good news!

Besides, mere believers don't have access to God.
Those that "Do Not" will inherit the curses contained within their own seeds.
Those that "Do" will inherit the blessings contained within their own seeds and deeds.

Go rob and kill your neighbor's brother, what do you expect in return?
Respect your neighbor and offer him goodwill, what do you expect in return?
Not a 100% return rate here, but you can sow and see what you reap, and whom to avoid. You can choose your friends.

I think the problem with Job was he thought he was more righteous than he really was. When God removed his hedge of protection from him, you can see the results.

Abraham Believed God could exist, and God accounted that as righteousness. Don't expect any man to be 100% righteous. That belongs to that spirit of God, the spirit of truth.

Noah was a preacher of righteousness, that doesn't mean Noah was 100% righteous.

We can only practice righteousness before God, but that which you practice, you get better at. And that righteousness comes from God. You are heading in the right direction, that's all he asks of us, and that we persist.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:29 AM

20,469 posts, read 12,868,644 times
Quote:

Now, that's good news!

The good news is God has redeemed us from our sinful nature. Why would you reject that?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:33 AM

Quote:
The good news is God has redeemed us from our sinful nature. Why would you reject that?
He's redeemed all from the power of sin and death. If you are still sinning you don't understand fully that you have been redeemed from sin and death, admit it, it sets you free, there's no condemnenation in Christ.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:34 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,623,874 times
Be merciful as god is merciful.

god orders death of infants.

1samual15 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...1+Samuel+15-17

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

The god you worship is a monster

Old 06-05-2016, 05:48 AM

20,469 posts, read 12,868,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He's redeemed all from the power of sin and death. If you are still sinning you don't understand fully that you have been redeemed from sin and death, admit it, it sets you free, there's no condemnenation in Christ.
True, but those who reject Christ remain under condemnation. John 3:36

Old 06-05-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Their own not God's or yours

Old 06-05-2016, 06:07 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,333,584 times
Quote:
You might, everyone else does NOT..

Read my post about Atheists who worship God..aka ACTS 17.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity