Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 11:20 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,911,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Is that all you pitiful god in the tiny box is to you? WRATH, ANGER, VENGEANCE, HATE, JEALOUSY, and all the other concepts of FEAR and LIES?

It must be terrifying to wake up every day and be shocked that your god has not ripped your soul from your flesh and takes delight in dangling it over the fires of your hell.

I thinketh dost does read way too much of those puritans tales and their sharia laws.

Step away from Jonathan Edwards SINNERS IN THE HANDS OF AN ANGRY GOD and walk into the EMBRACE of CHRIST who is without ANGER, FEAR, OPPRESSION and is only capable of LOVE, MERCY, JUSTICE and COMPASSION.
Love, mercy, justice, and compassion are not negated by wrath, anger, vengeance, hate, and jealousy.

I love my dog and my anger and wrath gets flared up when I start expressing my compassion and justice towards my little angel! These characteristics are not mutually exclusive. They coexist quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The days are wicked, so the alarm must be sounded to wake up those who are slumbering. When people get really born again, then they can bask in God's love. Until then, time is running out, so the truth about God's wrath must go forth.
Actually, while I get the intent of your message, the Bible teaches that it is the "kindness/goodness of God that leads to repentance". I believe that's Romans 2:4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Perfect loves casts out fear. God has not given us a spirit of fear. Fear has torment and has to do with punishment. Those who fear have not been perfected in love. Those who live in fear have a desire to spread it around because misery loves company. Those who live in terror cannot speak of hope or mercy because they are without those things. Simple as that.
True! For all those in Christ!

Old 06-09-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
... if not, this holy god of yours will inflict eternal pain and suffering on those who do not believe.

Now, that's good news!

Sarcasm aside, not exactly. God brings life to dead things. We were DEAD in our transgressions and our sins, and He brings us to life, abundant life! (John 10:10)

My point? Pain and suffering exist without the "if not".....and this Holy God of ours gives us the means to cope with it. So He is the Deliverer from pain and suffering, not the cause. Hell is real, yes. But it was NEVER designed for people. We were designed to become like Christ (Romans 8:28-29) and Christ has overcome death, hell, and the grave.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know that is what he meant. You too were under condemnation(actually I still believe you are). What I would like to hear fun you and all the other so called bible believers on here, is, what did the condemnation you believe is upon the unbeliever feel like, admit it, it wasn't that bad if you can't describe what it was. At best you may have had a guilty conscious at the worst you felt God was against you.
pcamps, can you rephrase your question here? I think I understand what you're asking and I'd like to consider a response but I'm not 100% sure I understand. Thanks and hope you're well! (Been a while since I posted much here!)

Old 06-09-2016, 11:46 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,438,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Love, mercy, justice, and compassion are not negated by wrath, anger, vengeance, hate, and jealousy.

I love my dog and my anger and wrath gets flared up when I start expressing my compassion and justice towards my little angel! These characteristics are not mutually exclusive. They coexist quite well.
At whom does it get flared up?

Quote:
Actually, while I get the intent of your message, the Bible teaches that it is the "kindness/goodness of God that leads to repentance". I believe that's Romans 2:4

Old 06-09-2016, 12:02 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,438,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Perfect loves casts out fear. God has not given us a spirit of fear. Fear has torment and has to do with punishment. Those who fear have not been perfected in love. Those who live in fear have a desire to spread it around because misery loves company. Those who live in terror cannot speak of hope or mercy because they are without those things. Simple as that.
Quote:
True! For all those in Christ!
Your bible says that the same all who are in Adam (which most Christians agree is everyone) are also in Christ.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:25 PM

64,022 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
Sarcasm aside, not exactly. God brings life to dead things. We were DEAD in our transgressions and our sins, and He brings us to life, abundant life! (John 10:10)
My point? Pain and suffering exist without the "if not".....and this Holy God of ours gives us the means to cope with it. So He is the Deliverer from pain and suffering, not the cause. Hell is real, yes. But it was NEVER designed for people. We were designed to become like Christ (Romans 8:28-29) and Christ has overcome death, hell, and the grave.
Good to see you posting again, Alpha. The part that the 100% Bible believers get wrong because of that ridiculous "doctrine of demons" is that Christ DID overcome death, hell, and the grave by His New Covenant. He showed there is nothing to fear about death or from God who IS agape love. He is our Savior, NOT the giver of the gift of salvation (but only IF we accept it)! That is a totally preposterous church dogma to promote membership. Either He is our Savior or He isn't. Saviors SAVE, they don't merely give gifts. Peace.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:46 PM

15,944 posts, read 6,392,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's just how she rolls, nothing new and out of the ordinary for you to gawk, move along sir.

The Queen will make time for you in due time. Did I say Queen? I meant Misses.
BUSTED CHECKING HER OUT!!! I'm no sir though, that's hot. I really could identify with the analogy of the radio channel. In my case it was actually music that saved me though.

I never read it in a book, I never saw it on a show / But I heard it in the alley on a weird radio / If you want a drink of water, you got to get it from a well /

Old 06-09-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
At whom does it get flared up?
Good point but at any and everything opposed to my dog's well being. Up to and including her own poor decisions.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good to see you posting again, Alpha. The part that the 100% Bible believers get wrong because of that ridiculous "doctrine of demons" is that Christ DID overcome death, hell, and the grave by His New Covenant. He showed there is nothing to fear about death or from God who IS agape love. He is our Savior, NOT the giver of the gift of salvation (but only IF we accept it)! That is a totally preposterous church dogma to promote membership. Either He is our Savior or He isn't. Saviors SAVE, they don't merely give gifts. Peace.
Saviors do not save those who won't be saved. He actually showed us that death is to be feared APART FROM CHRIST. In fact, we were ALREADY DEAD! The gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of LIFE for all those who are in Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity