Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 04:04 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,911,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Your bible says that the same all who are in Adam (which most Christians agree is everyone) are also in Christ.
I'm not familiar with that teaching. My bible teaches that we are born/made in the image of Adam and we must be reborn into Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 04:25 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I'm not familiar with that teaching. My bible teaches that we are born/made in the image of Adam and we must be reborn into Christ.
Where does it say that we must be reborn into Christ ?.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
And that is what real love is when you have been forgiven for your sin and your heart being open spiritually (born again) to this truth gives one such joy that they want to share all about the sin issue in the lives of mankind.
Leaving ppl and not saying anything about sin and to why Christ came and letting them live in their sin is the cruelest and most unloving thing any person, Christian could do.
But sharing with them what Christ has done for us that is the good news, that Christ came to forgive and redeem them from their sin is the most loving, caring thing anyone could do for everyone God leads into their path of life. And if one is obedient to this, look out, as He will lead many of ppl to hear this "good news ", amen !
When you forgive others, you do not hold their sin(s) against them, which is not difficult to comprehend.
Although it will take a "renewing" of the heart and mind in order to leave behind all the condemnation.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
But when asked, you all say that you are still sinners... not living "godly". Another "bible believer" just said today in another thread that he's a sinner and not better than anyone else. So which is it? Are you guys living differently than those you condemn to hell, or aren't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Pleroo, I just adore your mind! It is so incisive and perspicacious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Christians are redeemed sinners. The flesh is weak. However, Christians should sin less, because we now live to please God. The blood of Christ covers our sins before God. When someone becomes a Christian, their life should change for the better, but we cannot live sinless in the flesh.
Quote:
Should, but don't.

As a whole, Christians live lives that are remarkably similar to non-Christians as a whole. You talk a good game about being "new creations in Christ" and think that gives you the God-given right to tell everyone else how they fall short. However, by your own admission you only SHOULD sin less and live better than non-Christians, but don't necessarily, because your flesh is weak.

Why on earth would anyone think you have some corner market on God when your beliefs make no discernible difference in your lives compared to the rest of us, except perhaps to make some of you more judgmental and lacking in compassion?
Quote:
A relationship that apparently has little to no discernible positive impact in comparison to any other belief system about the Creator, but gives carte blanche to its adherents to be judgmental and inform others that they are hell-bound sinners and that the Creator hates everyone but themselves.
Quote:
Seriously? You know of no one who's life was changed by Christ? I find that hard to believe. I witness that on a consistent basis.

Discussing Christianity is what we do here. Those discussions open up a lot of sensitive topics. No one likes to confront their sin problem or even admit they're a sinner, but it's the first step towards redemption.
Quote:
Pay attention. I said "in comparison to any other belief system about the Creator". In other words, there is nothing that sets Christians apart as having a special relationship with God. You're just like the rest of us. Sorry.
Quote:
Not so. Those "in Christ" are redeemed. Christ has washed away our sins. Those outside of Christ will have to stand before God on their own merit. Will that be enough?
Quote:
So, because you have no proof to back up your claim that Christians enjoy a special relationship with the Creator that others don't, you want to fall back on the tired old threats. "My God's gonna get you! Just you wait and see!"

It's not going to work. I'm simply no longer frightened by the imaginary angry god people like you pull out to threaten others with, because obviously that god has no power in this life; it certainly will have no power in the next.

If we all have to "stand before God" someday, a God who is love and who is good and whose mercy endures FOREVER, as your bible claims, then YAY! I can't wait. Seriously. I won't be worrying about whether or not I merit anything. I'll be incredibly glad to have fallen into the hands of the God who is love.
They will sacrifice the innocent to protect themselves: Crucify him!
Yet, Jesus said, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Old 06-09-2016, 10:24 PM

64,022 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
Good to see you posting again, Alpha. The part that the 100% Bible believers get wrong because of that ridiculous "doctrine of demons" is that Christ DID overcome death, hell, and the grave by His New Covenant. He showed there is nothing to fear about death or from God who IS agape love. He is our Savior, NOT the giver of the gift of salvation (but only IF we accept it)! That is a totally preposterous church dogma to promote membership. Either He is our Savior or He isn't. Saviors SAVE, they don't merely give gifts. Peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Saviors do not save those who won't be saved.
Where on earth did you get that idea??? What Saviors do you know of who actually ask people if they want to be saved??? It is a preposterous idea.
Quote:
He actually showed us that death is to be feared APART FROM CHRIST.
He displayed a complete lack of fear of death (or of torture for that matter). He told us we would be "born again"because He had defeated death. How on earth did you get the idea that He showed us we needed to fear death??? He told us to love because love casts out all fear. Why do you think He would promote fear???
Quote:
In fact, we were ALREADY DEAD!
I'm not dead, yet. neither were any of His disciples (or anyone else still breathing). That is a silly notion born of the "precepts and doctrines of men."
Quote:
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of LIFE for all those who are in Christ.
On that we completely agree, though I fear you do not actually know what the Gospel IS because it is Good News, NOT the Bad News so many Christians seem to believe. Peace.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:26 AM

Pleroo you are on fire, the fundamentalists of old would have long left with their tails between their legs with your answers, but the modern day fundamentalists are twice the children of hell and will fight until deaf to support their beliefs, traditions and man made doctrines that they have conjured up that they "claim" are scriptural..

Old 06-10-2016, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Seriously? You know of no one who's life was changed by Christ? I find that hard to believe. I witness that on a consistent basis.

Discussing Christianity is what we do here. Those discussions open up a lot of sensitive topics. No one likes to confront their sin problem or even admit they're a sinner, but it's the first step towards redemption.
Not really, most I know have just quit things they thought were sin, having a few beers , cursing, cigarettes , and womanizing, most Muslims would put them to shame on abstention, Jesus' way was never about abstention . Along with that they make a lot of noise about Jesus(they did that on his triumphant entry into Jerusalem then crucified him shortly after) and how he saved them from eternal hell, that one day they will be with him and no longer sinning(proof that they are no different to the sinners they condemn other than they appear to sin less). Many of them can quote bible verses at the drop off a hat, give, attend services regular.

Fundamentalist as a whole do not like being confronted about their shallow beliefs that do not hold up to the light of the scriptures and the spirit, they are sensitive to all that, get offended easily because of it and end up crying persecution when they have no answers to what they are confronted about.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where does it say that we must be reborn into Christ ?.
Seriously? John 3, Romans 5, basically the New Testament.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
On that we completely agree, though I fear you do not actually know what the Gospel IS because it is Good News, NOT the Bad News so many Christians seem to believe. Peace.
No need to fear. Thanks for the concern tho.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:35 AM

709 posts, read 379,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God has enormous mercy, even to the wicked, but His mercy eventually comes to an end. Mercy then turns to wrath because He called, and He pled, but no man regarded; read about it in the 1st chapter of Proverbs.
I agree. Eventually we all will get what we deserve.

7. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth unto his own flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life. 9. And let us not be weary in well-doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10. So then, as we have opportunity, let us work that which is good toward all men, and especially toward them that are of the household of the faith. (Galatians 6:7-10)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity