Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 02:51 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,152,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
For the UR pov: from the long waiting lines to get in to wherever for however long a time while the unbelieving barbaric ancestors Jews like your forefathers getting thrown out of line into Jerusalem's garbage dump , cause while that is going on UR folk will be waiting your turn to bow before Jesus in belief.

Get with it already and stop this dilly dallying.
Sounds a tad anti-Semitic...So, Jews are going to get thrown in the garbage dump?...Wow...Nice loving Christian fellow you are....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The issue is not really difficult to understand. I hold to the theological position of the angelic conflict. Basically, God created man for at least two reasons. One was to bring many sons into glory. But the other reason was to resolve the spiritual warfare of the angelic conflict. Before man was ever created, the angel we know by what are now his titles, 'Satan' and the 'devil,' made a volitional decision to rebel against God. He was then sentenced to eternal separation from God in the lake of fire. But that sentence will not be carried out until the end of the Millennium. In the meantime the angelic conflict in which the forces of Satan are in opposition to God, rages throughout human history. The reason why Satan was not immediately sent into the lake of fire is probably because he objected to the sentence. We are told in the Bible (1 Peter 1:12) that the angels are intently looking into the affairs of men and have an intense interest in the salvation of men. All of human history then, this side of the eternal state, lies between the fall and sentencing of Satan, and the carrying out of that sentence. Since Satan's volition was involved in his fall, it follows that human volition is the basic issue in resolving the angelic conflict. Satan apparently claimed that his punishment was unfair. God chose to show Satan and all of creation that he (Satan) had no excuse for his rebellion by creating a lower creation (man) and giving him the same volition that the angels had. The point being that if a lesser creation (man) could choose for God, then the angels who rebelled had no excuse for their rebellion. A person's time on this earth therefore is a probationary time in which a person has to choose for or against God. A person who dies without having chosen for God will experience the same punishment as Satan and the fallen angels.

God has revealed Himself to man in a general sense, in which He is known by His creation. Romans 1:18-20 states that creation itself is evidence that God exists and that therefore those who reject God are without excuse. When an individual reaches a point (at whatever age he is) where he comes to realize that there must be a creator (God-consciousness), he becomes accountable to God for his response or reaction to that realization. If at that point he wants to know more about God, then God will see to it that he has the opportunity to hear the gospel message before he dies so that he can ether accept or reject the gospel message about Jesus. Since God controls human history in favor of positive volition, and since geographical isolation is not a problem for God, anyone, at anytime in human history, always has the opportunity to hear the gospel if he is positive at the point of God consciousness. Being positive at the point of God-consciousness does not of course mean that a person will accept the gospel message about Christ. But he is given the opportunity to make that choice.

From the very beginning, following man's fall, God had promised that a deliverer would come into the world. And so at any time in human history before Jesus came into the world to go to the cross, salvation was by believing the promise of the coming of the deliverer.

In summary then, man faces an issue during his time on this earth. That issue being whether he will respond first to the general revelation of God, and then to the gospel message concerning Jesus, or whether he will suppress the knowledge of God of which creation speaks. Each individual must make a volitional decision. If his decision is against God, and against the gospel message, then he will share the same punishment as Satan and the fallen angels (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15).

If you're interested, you can look at the following concerning the angelic conflict.

Foundations: Studies in Bible Theology
Where does it show in the Hebrew Scriptures that their was a rebel angel?...

Old 06-08-2016, 02:57 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,055,059 times
Unlike you right, spreading the love around for Christians.. you're not exactly a hallmark card yourself Rich.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Unlike you right, spreading the love around for Christians.. you're not exactly a hallmark card yourself Rich.
When did I ever say that I hate Christians?...I merely said that they were misled...

Old 06-08-2016, 03:13 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,055,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
When did I ever say that I hate Christians?...I merely said that they were misled...

Well, the opening of your other thread for instance:
Quote:
It seems every Christian is dancing to his or her own tune
Does that sound very kind to Christians? You just generalised every Christian as a hypocrite that is not truly following Christ.

You don't have to utter the literal words 'I hate Christians', it's obvious that you do. And it's only normal because you hate Jesus Christ, you deny the Jewish Mashiach, so you will hate His followers aswell. I just hope Christ will open your eyes as He did with one famous Jewish man that was persecuting the Church. It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks Richard..

Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Well, the opening of your other thread for instance:

Does that sound very kind to Christians? You just generalised every Christian as a hypocrite that is not truly following Christ.
Call it like I see it...People have a tendency to want to be coddled...
Quote:
You don't have to utter the literal words 'I hate Christians', it's obvious that you do. And it's only normal because you hate Jesus Christ, you deny the Jewish Mashiach, so you will hate His followers aswell. I just hope Christ will open your eyes as He did with one famous Jewish man that was persecuting the Church. It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks Richard..
No...It is not hard to kick against the prices...And Paul's message is quite different from that of Jesus...Jesus was merely a Rabbi, prophet at best...He showed the way to G-d that Christians don't want to follow because it's too involved, they want something easier...They do not not want to be responsible for their own actions and the consequences thereof...I could come to your house and murder you, but as long as I process faith in Jesus, that sin is covered, no eternal consequences...

Quote:
Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Yea, well, he is not famous in the traditional sense...Only in his self-authored accounts of dubious claims does one find his fame...

Old 06-08-2016, 03:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
For the UR pov: from the long waiting lines to get in to wherever for however long a time while the unbelieving barbaric ancestors Jews like your forefathers getting thrown out of line into Jerusalem's garbage dump , cause while that is going on UR folk will be waiting your turn to bow before Jesus in belief.

Get with it already and stop this dilly dallying.
Quote:
Sounds a tad anti-Semitic...So, Jews are going to get thrown in the garbage dump?...Wow...Nice loving Christian fellow you are....
Obviously you don't ever take what the typical UR'er or from Mystic seriously.

Mystic: "The Jews blew it and they haven't got a clue. They retain the ancient ignorance of the OT barbaric beliefs about God"
Eusebuis: "And what about Gehenna? It will be re-instituted during the Millennium as a garbage dump"
Rodgertutt: Why we will bow down to Jesus

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-08-2016 at 04:03 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 04:03 PM

18,256 posts, read 17,016,162 times
Quote:
The fact that the beast and the false profit are still alive in the lake of fire even after a thousand years and that they will continue to be alive even after a thousand years shows that they will not have been annihilated.
Mike, that's the first time I've ever seen you make such an egregious error. And yes, I've made them too I know.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
The beast and the false prophet are human beings who will be enpowered by Satan. And the fact that the beast and the false prophet are shown to still be alive in the lake of fire after having been there for a thousand years obviously means that they will not have not been annihilated. Therefore, in the case of those who are in the lake of fire, the word apollumi does not refer to being annihilated, but rather refers to being in a lost state of ruination.

As for those mentioned in Revelation 14:9-11, of course it refers to those in the Tribulation. But they are still human beings, and those who take the mark of the beast will be tormented, and they will have no rest, but the smoke of their torment will go up forever and ever, thus refuting the idea of annihilation.

Also, as has been pointed out, the Bible speaks of decrees of punishment in the day of judgment and annihilation would not allow for 'degrees of punishment.' And so again, the idea of annihilation is refuted.
No, no---they will be possessed by the spirit of satan. They actually will become like satan in the same way Jesus was imbued with power by the Holy Spirit. That turns them into supernatural entities.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 06-08-2016 at 04:20 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Call it like I see it...People have a tendency to want to be coddled...

No...It is not hard to kick against the prices...And Paul's message is quite different from that of Jesus...Jesus was merely a Rabbi, prophet at best...He showed the way to G-d that Christians don't want to follow because it's too involved, they want something easier...They do not not want to be responsible for their own actions and the consequences thereof...I could come to your house and murder you, but as long as I process faith in Jesus, that sin is covered, no eternal consequences...

Yea, well, he is not famous in the traditional sense...Only in his self-authored accounts of dubious claims does one find his fame...
That's what Christians don't understand about Paul: the Jewish way was too hard. Paul figured out that if he wanted to lure all the pagans into Christianity he'd have to find a more attractive way than telling them they had to snip off a piece of their privates and do all those good deeds, etc. Pouf! Vanished. Suddenly you can be saved by faith, not works and the pagans said, "All Right!" and flocked to Christianity, especially since there were lots of freebies being offered by good-hearted Christians like a bed to sleep in and free food if you joined up. All you have to do was agree to get dunked in water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity