Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 07:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times

Advertisements

"Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify thee."

It is not about self-glorification, an eternal hellhole or Annihilationism.
It has to do with the love of a father for all of his children called mankind.

Those of you who believe otherwise are in error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 10:27 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,963,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

So eternal torment, universal salvation or annihilation?

Old 06-14-2016, 07:24 AM

741 posts, read 445,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
"Then Jehovah said to Cain: ...sin is crouching at the door, and its craving is to dominate you; but will you get the mastery over it?” Gen 4:6, 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That's one person...And it doesn't say that Cain was enslaved to sin...When did he ever say that mankind was enslaved to sin?...
"Look! I was born guilty of error, And my mother conceived me in sin." - Psalms 51:5

"Who can produce someone clean from someone unclean? No one can!" Job 14:4

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23

"That is why just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned." - Romans 5:12

Old 06-14-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
"Then Jehovah said to Cain: ...sin is crouching at the door, and its craving is to dominate you; but will you get the mastery over it?” Gen 4:6, 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
More of your JW distortion of the Bible. The actual verse is:

Genesis 4:6-7New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, [a]will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.”

The bold actually means: the desire is on your side. It is from our animal nature trying to please us or enhance our survival, but we must learn to control it using our knowledge of Good and Evil.
LOL animal nature? Where is that in the Bible? And I'm the distorter?

Any time I hear someone say 'actually means' I immediately brace for a personal interpretation. Which Mystic I'm surprised your using the Bible at all. Does this mean that you do think that the Bible speaks the truth? Or are you only using it this one time...

At any rate here are some more translations so that people can make their own choice.

New Living Translation
You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master."

NET Bible
Is it not true that if you do what is right, you will be fine? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at the door. It desires to dominate you, but you must subdue it."

GOD'S WORD® Translation
If you do well, won't you be accepted? But if you don't do well, sin is lying outside your door ready to attack. It wants to control you, but you must master it."

Old 06-14-2016, 02:14 PM

63,943 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
More of your JW distortion of the Bible. The actual verse is:
Genesis 4:6-7New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, [a]will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.”
The bold actually means: the desire is on your side. It is from our animal nature trying to please us or enhance our survival, but we must learn to control it using our knowledge of Good and Evil.
Quote:
LOL animal nature? Where is that in the Bible? And I'm the distorter?
You would probably only recognize it as the Serpent, what we in the psychological professions call the "reptilian brain" or the "Old Brain."
Quote:
Any time I hear someone say 'actually means' I immediately brace for a personal interpretation. Which Mystic I'm surprised your using the Bible at all. Does this mean that you do think that the Bible speaks the truth? Or are you only using it this one time...
How many times do you folks need to be told that I believe the Bible CONTAINS inspirations from God, especially as regards Jesus who is proclaimed ot be the Word of God, NOT the Bible.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
You would probably only recognize it as the Serpent, what we in the psychological professions call the "reptilian brain" or the "Old Brain."
How many times do you folks need to be told that I believe the Bible CONTAINS inspirations from God, especially as regards Jesus who is proclaimed ot be the Word of God, NOT the Bible.
Thus why we will never agree on anything. The triune brain etc is not even scientific fact. Evolution is not a law or fact. The fossil record is woefully incomplete and so far the evidence is simply not there.

Do you know what Darwin's biggest problem was with his theory? Proof.
Darwin's Dilemma

That is your dilemma as well with the triune brain. Proof.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:40 PM

63,943 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
Quote:
Thus why we will never agree on anything. The triune brain etc is not even scientific fact. Evolution is not a law or fact. The fossil record is woefully incomplete and so far the evidence is simply not there.
Do you know what Darwin's biggest problem was with his theory? Proof.
Darwin's Dilemma
That is your dilemma as well with the triune brain. Proof.
Huh??? We are talking about the source of all animal (instinctual) drives and urges - the reptilian part of our brain. That is established fact. I have no idea what triune brain you are referring to. Evolution is a solid scientific theory supported by reams of multidisciplinary evidence, genetic laws, and facts. It is NOT Darwinism.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So eternal torment, universal salvation or annihilation?
If, you believe in separation those are the choices.
Of course, one can also pick the short straw?

For some, it's a game of chance.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:31 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So A eternal torment, B universal salvation or C annihilation?
Or D You always have been and always will be.

Thrill, you will die as miserable a sinner as the fundamentalist does by the road you are taking. You should quit trying to prove your issues with God and the bible and deal with your own doubts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity