Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 08:09 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Preachers are not without sin, just like the rest of us. Many of them are very outgoing, energetic and funny with type-A personalities and many women are attracted to such men. Some are unable to resist the temptation, and fail. I also know one who was unable to resist the temptation, and had to face the consequences when his actions were exposed.

Different people have different temptations. I do not look like Tom Cruise, I do not talk like Jerry Seinfeld, and I am not rich, so pretty women do not throw themselves at me, so staying faithful to my wife is easy. I like to think I would be able to resist even if they did, but the point is that the tempter knows our weaknesses and will exploit the weak spots. No one is perfect, and no one is without sin.
True, preachers are without sin, but they are held to a higher accountability for their actions due to the office they hold.

There is no excusing away any predatorial behavior especially by someone who is deemed to be trust worthy such as pastors \ youth ministers \ priests etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 08:14 AM

23,275 posts, read 10,574,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
True, preachers are without sin, but they are held to a higher accountability for their actions due to the office they hold.

There is no excusing away any predatorial behavior especially by someone who is deemed to be trust worthy such as pastors \ youth ministers \ priests etc.
Yup, Imagine my pain in calling a sweet young girl a lying B, and she wasn't lying, I went apologizing but she didn't want anything to do with me or God after that, I mean this was one of my greatest accomplishments when I got that little girl to come to church and she had never believed in God, that preacher was heartless. One night he freaked out and began explaining a vision that he was supposedly having right then and we were all just wailing and crying cause he says he sees a fountain going up to heaven and then sprinkling on us and I was so caught up in his lies but I do feel sorry for what happened to him. You can imagine how many people felt somewhat justified and I really dug into my family when they said he got what he deserved cause what he got was so terrible.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am a man with sin and I know that every man deals with sin but that aint no excuse for that preacher ruining so many lives and using our money for his bad habits, sleeping with married women, with teenagers and actually ran off women who wouldn't sleep with him, in fact, I seriously doubt that he ever believed in God.
No, it is not an excuse. It is very unfortunate he did what he did.

Strangely enough some posters promote the idea that he should have been allowed to keep his job and continue with his habits. Everyone should just condone/accept it because saying something would make them seem "judgmental".

Old 06-25-2016, 08:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:

Yes, I agree. The one I mentioned was asked to leave immediately and was not seen again. Unfortunately the damage was already done, and many members lost their trust in the church and left.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is not an excuse. It is very unfortunate he did what he did.

Strangely enough some posters promote the idea that he should have been allowed to keep his job and continue with his habits. Everyone should just condone/accept it because saying something would make them seem "judgmental".

Don't get me cursing lol. That man should not have been head of a card game much less with so many lives, and souls and lost love in his hands, I mean his family were killed over what he was doing and they had a gruesome death with the business end of a machete.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's got nothing to do with whether you're a pretty funny rich boy. You're bible says that if YOU look upon a woman to lust after her you have committed adultery with her. Now if that is true, most of you're congregation will have to be excommunicated too.

By the way Jesus said the above for all the hypocrites who stand in unrighteous judgement towards those that have been unfaithful .
And that same Bible doesn't have any exclusions called pcamps.
What's more the same Bible says:
"whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."
So tell us how you (pcamps) expect not to be one of those hypocrites so others can be like you?

Old 06-25-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yup, Imagine my pain in calling a sweet young girl a lying B, and she wasn't lying, I went apologizing but she didn't want anything to do with me or God after that, I mean this was one of my greatest accomplishments when I got that little girl to come to church and she had never believed in God, that preacher was heartless. One night he freaked out and began explaining a vision that he was supposedly having right then and we were all just wailing and crying cause he says he sees a fountain going up to heaven and then sprinkling on us and I was so caught up in his lies but I do feel sorry for what happened to him. You can imagine how many people felt somewhat justified and I really dug into my family when they said he got what he deserved cause what he got was so terrible.
I am sure that the guilt you've endured is probably beyond most can imagine.
But I'd be remiss if I did not remind you that your guilt has been forgiven and taken away by Jesus being that Peter's, Paul's and twin.spin's were too.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I am sure that the guilt you've endured is probably beyond most can imagine.
But I'd be remiss if I did not remind you that your guilt has been forgiven and taken away by Jesus being that Peter's, Paul's and twin.spin's were too.
Yeah, I think it was important to try and seek forgiveness but when I have not sought forgiveness is what scares me. These people across the street I have to seek their forgiveness and I went so freaking crazy, I don't even know where to begin but Like Jesus said, best go out and make peace with your neighbor lest he brings you into the court of heaven and you found guilty. I found a lot of people, and a couple years ago I found a girl from 20 years ago, I thought of her in tears every single day till I found her.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:57 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
And that same Bible doesn't have any exclusions called pcamps.
What's more the same Bible says:
"whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."
So tell us how you (pcamps) expect not to be one of those hypocrites so others can be like you?
Because my view is not I'm not like that sinner.... It's......he's an ass and I'm an ass, in other words my neighbor is how i see myself, and if I see myself a sinner, I only end up judging in another what is really in me...You cannot see this because you love the darkness of separation from God, separation from those you assume are sinner.... The "your a goat I'm a sheep" is a parable I'm sure Jesus hindsight wished he never had said anything about sheep and goats, knowing the children of hell today are twice the children of hell to what they were in his day would make this about separation from God.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:09 AM

Stop here, do not read this or you will be sorry.

Well, I am gonna have to go and throw a curse out with only a few words.

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms, leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Now try and get that outta your head, your head, your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity