Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 03:23 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I answered that in post #386. When Jesus took our punishment, He became our propitiation and His righteousness was imputed to us. Christ's righteousness satisfies God's holiness.

2 Corinthians 5

21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Which has ZERO, ZILCH, NADA to do with the question you were asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 03:42 PM

23,271 posts, read 10,568,632 times
Quote:
"New wine skins" refers to believers, a "new creation in Christ".

Not exactly but close.

Old skins are people who are filled with old teachings, new wine skins are people who are not filled with teachings as far as I can see.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:47 PM

23,271 posts, read 10,568,632 times
New wine is non alcoholic and being that the wine harvest is in the fall, how would it have been possible to have new wine in the spring?

The slightest exposure to air will make yeast in wine and so how were they able to make non alcoholic wine and then keep it non alcoholic for 6 months?

It had to be buried, quite a picture.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:55 PM

20,456 posts, read 12,848,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Which has ZERO, ZILCH, NADA to do with the question you were asked.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:16 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know you're lost. Like I said...

Quote:

Anyway, you jumped from talking about how God needed to pierce, crush and wound people in order to satisfy God's holiness. You have yet to explain how doing such "satisfies" holiness. But, since you appear to be either unwilling to think about it critically at this juncture, or are simply unable to recognize the inherent inconsistencies, I won't continue to ask you to examine it.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:42 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
OK, if "God is not counting our sins against us" (whether that be everyone or just believers), how is He doing that? Was it just a decision He made? What's the process?
Jimmie, the so-called "sin" that kept us separate from God was the failure of ANY human consciousness to achieve perfect agape love. Our entire species was separated from God because our collective consciousness was NOT in harmony with God's Holy Spirit of agape love. We needed ONE human to achieve perfect agape love in His human consciousness to connect ALL human consciousness with God's consciousness (Holy Spirit of agape love). Guess who that human was, jimmie? Once He achieved it, there was no more separation from God. We are all connected with God THROUGH Jesus, that is why He is the Way to God and our individual sins (mistakes, errors) are no longer relevant except to us. We will still reap what we sow for anything we do not repent of (change our state of mind about to be compatible with the Spirit of agape love).

Old 07-26-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I know you're lost. Like I said...
I have attempted twice to answer your question. I think I did, but you don't understand. However, if you're willing to rephrase it, I will try again.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
No. God is holy; we humans are not. To satisfy His holiness, blood was required (a life for a life-Hebrews 9:22). Hence, Jesus. You reject that.

So, how does God forgive us? Just a decision He made? Is there a process?
Do we have to do anything to receive His forgiveness?

Colossians 3:13

Bearing with one another, and if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other;
as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

When was the last time you opened up an artery or cut-off your windpipe, as a sign of forgiveness?
How about these words: "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

What exactly do you think this means? And, since when, are there conditions for following
unconditional love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness?

Believe it or not, you do not have to chop-off your hand - as a penalty for stealing a loaf of bread.
And I AM freely able to forgive you, if you do. Unfortunately, the law may not.

However, I AM sure you will not face the death penalty. Even if you do not believe me.

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-26-2016 at 08:11 PM..

Old 07-26-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Bearing with one another, and if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other;

When was the last time you opened up an artery or cut-off your windpipe, as a sign of forgiveness?

What exactly do you think this means? And, since when, are there conditions for following

Believe it or not, you do not have to chop-off your hand - as a penalty for stealing a loaf of bread.

However, I AM sure you will not face the death penalty. Even if you do not believe me.
I sincerely wish you would speak in plain English and use proper punctuation. I don't understand your ramblings. What is your point?

Old 07-26-2016, 08:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
No. God is holy; we humans are not. To satisfy His holiness, blood was required (a life for a life-Hebrews 9:22). Hence, Jesus. You reject that.

So, how does God forgive us? Just a decision He made? Is there a process? Do we have to do anything to receive His forgiveness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Hebrew 9:22 has nothing to do with forgiving sin or a life for a life. If that's what you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity