Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 04:05 PM

23,239 posts, read 10,518,009 times

Advertisements

Those first converts slept outside, I mean people that had houses and enterprises left all to seek a greater resurrection because they were taught of a vigilant race, not a set back and see what happens. They were tortured and hated and killed because of their fever for Christ.

They sold all and lived commonly amongst each other sharing whatever each one had as a family does and here is a husband and wife living amongst others who had given everything but they were so freaking sad.

How does a husband and wife sell their house and then keep money from the sale?

Does everyone realize what is happening?

This man and this woman sold their house and kept part of the money back while living amongst all the others who had given everything, they had sold everything and here was a husband and wife found amongst the congregation as if they too had given everything. Therefore a man came and he found what they had hidden in the Earth.

They lay dead.

Liars living amongst people who had actually sold all they had and this is the first Christianity.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 05:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God is opposed to great wealth and it will be as a camel going through the eye of a needle for a wealthy man, ESPECIALLY for a man who has gained his wealth by being a priest and is no father or priest.

Abraham's wealth was gathering 1000's of people loyal to him, millions now, tens of millions and billions.

If a man had wealth, let him boast of being the great father to all under his control as he deals wisely in their benefit, and this is what Abraham did.

He had become a father to nations upon nations, but his wealth is in loyalty, not riches, he is a the great shepherd and the father to all like any great king.

A king of kings as it were, he was a nomad upon the earth having no home, and there are billions and billions of family now.

Kenneth Copeland is the opposite, he has his tens of millions but he is a tyrant against his own people.

No, I'm sorry but I have to disagree. He's against a man having great wealth that is incapable of laying it all down or having it taken from him as Job did, and not being able to STILL praise G-d in whatever circumstance you find yourself in, as Paul said. Job passed the test and received more, so did Abraham. Abraham didn't just lay down a physical son, he laid down ALL that was of the promise which is of Christ = everything he had, and he had much, and that included the spiritual.

The only reason it's easier for a for a camel is because the eye of the needle was a part of a larger city gate that would have been closed at night for the security of the inhabitants, and the camel could only go through the camel-shaped (think Morrocan or Islamic shaped doors) smaller opening in the midst of the gate, by having EVERYTHING stripped off of it, WHILE IT WAS ON IT'S KNEES. The camel is linked to the Hebrew letter gimel, which pictogram means, to serve, a servant, but it's as one who is rich running to serve and bless the poor. Having seen this type of gate in operation in the ancient cities, including Jerusalem, they would have known exactly what He was referring to with that comment, and the keepers of the law/wealth, even more so.

The wealthy man that can't go through is not negated because he's wealthy, but because he won't kneel (every knee shall bow) and allow himself to be stripped off all he has, and that includes the spiritual, the firstfruits offering that G-d provides, which is Christ the ram. Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him. The ONLY one that can praise the Father through such circumstances, is the Son. We have to surrender everything to allow Him to do so. That IS, the circumcision of Abraham, where G-d Himself has provided the offering.

The RCC and it's priests are the most notable on this idea, in that they have equated poverty (which is a curse and He came to reverse all the curses) with holiness. In which case, if that were true, most of the world should be very, very holy. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-13-2016 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-13-2016, 05:24 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, I disagree. He's against a man having great wealth that is incapable of laying it all down or having it taken from him as Job did, and not being able to STILL praise G-d in whatever circumstance you find yourself in, as Paul said. Job passed the test and received more, so did Abraham. Abraham didn't just lay down a physical son, he laid down ALL that was of the promise which is of Christ = everything he had, and he had much, and that included the spiritual.

The only reason it's easier for a for a camel is because the eye of the needle was a gate, and the camel could only go through by having EVERYTHING stripped off of it, WHILE IT WAS ON IT'S KNEES. The camel is linked to the Hebrew letter gimel, which pictogram means, to serve, a servant, but it's as one who is rich running to serve and bless the poor. Having seen this gate in operation, they would have known exactly what He was referring to with that comment, and the keepers of the law/wealth, even more so.

The wealthy man that can't go through is not negated because he's wealthy, but because he won't kneel (every knee shall bow) and allow himself to be stripped off all he has, and that includes the spiritual, the firstfruits offering that G-d provides, which is Christ the ram. Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him. The ONLY one that can praise the Father through such circumstances, is the Son. We have to surrender everything to allow Him to do so. That IS, the circumcision of Abraham, where G-d Himself has provided the offering. Peace
Nice post.

My nitpick is that God isn't against people, period, but rather understands that a person who is invested in holding onto what they have rather than in love and in their relationship with God and others, is a person at risk. But, otherwise, I think this is spot on.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:24 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,965,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And he has demonstrated by his teaching that he doesn't follow the bible and he has nothing to do with Christianity other than claiming to be one. He's no more a Christian preacher than a guy with a fake badge is a cop.
Well, I'm glad there something we agree on, Pastor. And for what it's worth, differences in beliefs aside, I think you're an okay kind of guy.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Copeland is a money-grubbing televangelist that has been fleecing Christians for decades. I would not put any stock in what that wolf says.
He preaches the prosperity gospel, and likes to spice it up with political activism.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
No, I'm sorry but I have to disagree. He's against a man having great wealth that is incapable of laying it all down or having it taken from him as Job did, and not being able to STILL praise G-d in whatever circumstance you find yourself in, as Paul said. Job passed the test and received more, so did Abraham. Abraham didn't just lay down a physical son, he laid down ALL that was of the promise which is of Christ = everything he had, and he had much, and that included the spiritual.

The only reason it's easier for a for a camel is because the eye of the needle was a part of a larger city gate that would have been closed at night for the security of the inhabitants, and the camel could only go through the camel-shaped (think Morrocan or Islamic shaped doors) smaller opening in the midst of the gate, by having EVERYTHING stripped off of it, WHILE IT WAS ON IT'S KNEES. The camel is linked to the Hebrew letter gimel, which pictogram means, to serve, a servant, but it's as one who is rich running to serve and bless the poor. Having seen this type of gate in operation in the ancient cities, including Jerusalem, they would have known exactly what He was referring to with that comment, and the keepers of the law/wealth, even more so.

The wealthy man that can't go through is not negated because he's wealthy, but because he won't kneel (every knee shall bow) and allow himself to be stripped off all he has, and that includes the spiritual, the firstfruits offering that G-d provides, which is Christ the ram. Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him. The ONLY one that can praise the Father through such circumstances, is the Son. We have to surrender everything to allow Him to do so. That IS, the circumcision of Abraham, where G-d Himself has provided the offering.

The RCC and it's priests are the most notable on this idea, in that they have equated poverty (which is a curse and He came to reverse all the curses) with holiness. In which case, if that were true, most of the world should be very, very holy. Peace

With this, nobody would understand.

We all have to go with what we believe but I would tell you that you are much more important than a sparrow, that everyone is, but 99.9 percent of people will never find that out for themselves.

This world is mine Rbb1.

I don't need money, money is in the pockets of everyone I encounter and they money is mine just in case I need it lol.

There are not very many people in life who will be in the middle of their life in study and suddenly sell all they own.

To suddenly give up everything when a person has everything is not what people practice but if they knew what happens when you do, more people would do it.

Kenneth Copland will never need God or know what it is like to own this world because he is a follower of Mammon, a king amongst kings and let him be the greatest king there ever was, but he will be a servant later.

The harvest

…24Truly, truly, I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25Whoever loves his life will lose it, but whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Matthew 10:39
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Matthew 16:25
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

The Rich Young Man
…28Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, in the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for the sake of My name will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.…

23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

You know what it means to have money in the bank?

It means that your needs are more important to God than the needs of others.

I find that when great sacrifice is made, you can't out give God.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
I'm not disagreeing with you that all has to be laid down, far from it. Only that neither wealth nor poverty is a outward sign of holiness, nor are either an outward sign of the lack of it. Peace

Old 08-13-2016, 08:30 PM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nice post.
My nitpick is that God isn't against people, period, but rather understands that a person who is invested in holding onto what they have rather than in love and in their relationship with God and others, is a person at risk. But, otherwise, I think this is spot on.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you that all has to be laid down, far from it. Only that neither wealth nor poverty is a outward sign of holiness, nor are either an outward sign of the lack of it. Peace
I agree with this post.

Praise the Lord of your choice, or not, and pass the bacon!

Old 08-13-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I agree with this post.

Praise the Lord of your choice, or not, and pass the bacon!

LOL, yup.

The way I believe and live is neither logical or rational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity