Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 06:33 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
By listening to Jesus--his teachings in every translation contradict trinity teachings. And years of hard study of the bible, history, old writings, languages by many men for years. And the holy spirit.
So again, we no longer NEED the bible (ANY TRANSLATION) because we can LISTEN to Jesus..

THANK YOU for proving my POINT..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 06:54 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So again, we no longer NEED the bible (ANY TRANSLATION) because we can LISTEN to Jesus..

If you are not reading and studying the Bible you are not listening to Jesus.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But the religion itself has crippled families, divided friends, and is self-serving.
I'm dealing with the husband of my niece with five-children, while helping them.

He has abandoned them because of this cult-mentality that exists.
She attends Harvest Christian Fellowship, where Greg Laurie is the Pastor.

He studies with the Jehovah’s Witnesses with his mother.
And was treating his wife and children like they were scum.

Personally, I do not care what a person believes, it's how they treat others.
Lifting himself up, while he condemns his family doesn't set well with me.

Quote:
Jesus taught ones family members will become their enemies (spiritually) if they followed him (correctly).
She follows the love of Christ, so what does that tell you?

Quote:
No, it was self thinking that did the things you said. Every true follower does this-Matt 16:24
What an individual does has nothing to do with the JW religion. Not one is taught to do such things. But I do understand that it can be very hard knowing the ones you love are being mislead. We are taught to Love. Even love our enemies. Not all that try succeed. Satans #1 job--attack Jesus' seed relentlessly. No mortal can beat satan unless they accomplish Matt 16:24.
I know brothers who are JW's and their family' do not attend and they don't treat their loved ones like that. He (husband of niece) alone is in error. Everyone on earth has one of these--Jeremiah 17:9-- a desperate and treacherous heart--Matt 16:24--One must disown themselves to follow Jesus--Few can.
No, it is what this organized group has instilled in him, and she knows he is being misled.
Most of all, so do I from firsthand knowledge, based on my personal contact with them.

And, not everyone has a deceitful and wicked heart, unless you buy into that nonsense.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:55 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Neither. I prefer love since that is what Jesus demonstrated for us. The idea that you and your beliefs are so important that you should shun or disfellowship or ostracize ANYONE, let alone your own loved ones is almost criminally UNLOVING!!! It portrays an evil, tyrannical, and unloving God that is the opposite of the God Jesus revealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Those who disagree with scripture and prefer their own personal religion are totally unaware of what is clearly said in scripture.
Those who blindly accept everything in scripture are seriously in need of an education, especially when it demands unloving actions toward ANYONE.You are following a barbaric and primitive caricature of God that is evil, tyrannical and unloving - the opposite of the God Jesus revealed
Quote:
I would rather see MERCY, JUSTICE and FORGIVENESS...
Amen!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If you are not reading and studying the Bible you are not listening to Jesus.
If you are NOT using the "mind of Christ" to read the Bible you are wasting your time and are severely misled. Why do you think Jesus presented such detailed descriptions of its characteristics and unambiguous demonstration of its actions???

Old 09-07-2016, 06:41 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:

God gave his written word to guide our lives.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
She follows the love of Christ, so what does that tell you?

No, it is what this organized group has instilled in him, and she knows he is being misled.
Most of all, so do I from firsthand knowledge, based on my personal contact with them.

And, not everyone has a deceitful and wicked heart, unless you buy into that nonsense.

Its hard to follow the love of Christ when one is serving and worshipping a non existent trinity god--neither God or Jesus approve. It is not Gods will to do that. It makes one be mislead into standing in opposition. It makes one break Gods #1 commandment daily.
No the JW,s do not teach one to be like that. Self thinking does.
Gods elite king David showed all have that heart, when he stole another mans wife and sent him to his death. By disowning ones self, one can beat their own heart.
If she actually knew the teachings of Jesus, she would see much better. All would, but his teachings are NOT taught in trinity churches--dogma is taught, The teachers are paid to teach dogma, out of error filled translations.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I would rather see MERCY, JUSTICE and FORGIVENESS...

The unrepentant get no mercy, justice or forgiveness until they repent--no mortal does. Gods will is all that matters, not personal opinions.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
The unrepentant get no mercy, justice or forgiveness until they repent--no mortal does. Gods will is all that matters, not personal opinions.
God does not with hold MERCY from any one.

Repentance is for the FRIGHTENED and FEARFUL...

The God I know is more impressed with a CONTRITE HEART..

My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL7JM1shLJE

Old 09-07-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
You said LISTEN to Jesus,,no book required..which is it?

Are you saying we need a book because listening to Jesus is NOT ENOUGH>"?

Old 09-07-2016, 05:59 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
By listening to Jesus.
Quote:
Amen! Jesus is the Living Word of God and He abides with us as the comforter to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
That is not what your written Bible says. Your Bible says there is a New Covenant and God has "written in our hearts" and sent the Comforter in Christ's name to guide us to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity