Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 03:27 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,337,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
A school did prevent a student from exercising their 1st Amendment rights in the form of a sign that read "Bong Hits 4 Jesus".

Facts and Case Summary - Morse v. Frederick | United States Courts
Drug paraphernalia and drug talk is not religious freedom and subject to discipline...

really got to do better when whining about persecution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 03:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,981,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
A school did prevent a student from exercising their 1st Amendment rights in the form of a sign that read "Bong Hits 4 Jesus".

Facts and Case Summary - Morse v. Frederick | United States Courts
Morse v. Frederick, 551 U.S. __, 127 S. Ct. 2618 (2007)
School authorities do not violate the First Amendment when they stop students from expressing views that may be interpreted as promoting illegal drug use.

Not exactly the same is it?

Old 09-15-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How about any school that tells a kid he can't have a Bible in his desk? Or he can't wear a Christian t-shirt?

Teacher tells student he can't read the Bible in classroom | Fox News
The teacher is stupid, what did the district say? I believe they said it was fine...

Old 09-15-2016, 04:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,308,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Pastor where I go to church says He says NO to LGBT and groups who support sexual diversity because He Loves them , and He does not want them to die in their sins
Jesus didn't do that. Jesus didn't say, "Say NO to the LGBT." Jesus did not say the LGBT would die in their sins. Jesus did not come up with some convoluted thinking that let people say no to the LGBT then give themselves a self-congratulatory slap on the back. Jesus didn't talk about people who support the LGBT community.. Jesus never even mentioned LGBT. Not one word, not one little peep.

I think your pastor needs Jesus. He's off in the weeds.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM

16,070 posts, read 6,429,514 times
Filed under:
Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:02 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,775,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Jesus didn't do that. Jesus didn't say, "Say NO to the LGBT." Jesus did not say the LGBT would die in their sins. Jesus did not come up with some convoluted thinking that let people say no to the LGBT then give themselves a self-congratulatory slap on the back. Jesus didn't talk about people who support the LGBT community.. Jesus never even mentioned LGBT. Not one word, not one little peep.

I think your pastor needs Jesus. He's off in the weeds.
He didn't need too. Most people understood that when He said a man will cleave to his wife, that kinda excludes homosexuality.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
He didn't need too. Most people understood that when He said a man will cleave to his wife, that kinda excludes homosexuality.
ought to have excluded 4 year old girls as well....

Old 09-15-2016, 06:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,310,635 times
Quote:
Not necessarily.

Not if they assume those roles. In a lesbian relationship for example, one might think of herself as the husband and the other, the wife.

Not, of course, in every lesbian relationship but I've seen couples refer to themselves in those roles.

And although I haven't seen it, it also wouldn't surprise me if some gay men in paired relationships also assume semi-traditional gender roles within the relationship/marriage.

Jesus was speaking metaphorically, jeffy, whilst peeking into the future.

A glorious future of freedom when even LGBTQ folks could have their unions blessed by society and very many churches and other belief systems -- if not by your particular narcissistic, genocidal, little godling.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:42 PM

1,227 posts, read 639,144 times
Quote:
I doubt many bronze-agers were discussing homosexuality, you know why? Because in the "scheme of sins" it isn't important. Had same-sex marriage not been legalized you wouldn't be devoting so much time to homosexuality.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:12 AM

33,630 posts, read 37,282,727 times
Quote:
It is encouraging to we at least have some remnants left in society that will take a firm stand against immorality and not yield to social pressures. I applaud the Arkansas Catholic schools for their policy which is now getting some heat:

A Catholic school has every right to set their policy and criteria for student behavior. You are in a religious environment with a faith that believes homosexuality is a sin. So you should expect to behave according to that faith. They want to keep perversion out of their schools and it would be the same with any other kind of sinful behavior. If the community doesn't like it then they should start their own gay friendly Catholic school.

Sadly, I'm sure this story won't go away until religious freedom is taken down yet again.

Arkansas Catholic school policy on LGBT students draws fire | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art
Strange....
Despite the official position of the Catholic hierarchy on LGBT rights, in some locations, such as North America, Northern and Western Europe, support for LGBT rights (such as same-sex marriage, or protection against discrimination) is stronger among Catholics than among the general population. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...an_Catholicism

I expect that eventually the Catholic Church will fully accept LGBT rights....I know that they do here in Victoria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity