Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 11:36 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,828,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong. Lack of self-control in an infant is not remotely fictional. I will allow that your particular fictional plot line based on that FACT may be yours, but the fact and its speculative implications are NOT!

Nope. Mine all mine. Prove me wrong.
Show something tangible to back it up.
Show me where you heard or read this common standard.
Course study, curricullum.
I couldn't even find anything like it in the phsycology area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 12:38 AM

63,998 posts, read 40,299,200 times
Quote:
Wrong. Lack of self-control in an infant is not remotely fictional. I will allow that your particular fictional plot line based on that FACT may be yours, but the fact and its speculative implications are NOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Nope. Mine all mine. Prove me wrong.
Show something tangible to back it up.
Show me where you heard or read this common standard.
Course study, curricullum.
I couldn't even find anything like it in the phsycology area.
It would seem your simplistic understanding of the entire field of child development and its focus on the learning and conditioning processes involved in achieving adult-level emotional self-control is at the base of your confusion about this concept. The development of self-control over emotions in infants is a very difficult area of research that is highly dependent upon inference and definition of terms. But the initial state of a newborn is unambiguous. Unfortunately, from the very first set of experiences onward learning and conditioning is at work shaping the ability for emotional self-control making any study of its innate capabilities problematic. This is further complicated by differences in individual infant temperament. But, bottom line, the initial state is unambiguous. If you want to learn about the issues with multiple references, this is a good study to start with.

"Emotion Regulation as a Scientific Construct: Methodological Challenges and
Directions for Child Development Research"

Pamela M. Cole, Sarah E. Martin, and Tracy A. Dennis Child Development, March/April 2004, Volume 75, Number 2, Pages 317 – 333

Old 10-26-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
What thesis??? Your plot line??? The indisputable FACT is that an infant has NO SELF-CONTROL. That makes it an obvious and natural conclusion that IF an infant somehow had the physical and intellectual capabilities of a full adult, it would be extremely dangerous indeed!!! There is no thesis. It is simply a fact about the status of an infant's ability for self-control.
As stated before it is a fictional concept. And you continue to avoid the truth of natural law.
Yet you cannot provide anything to substantiate that this concept is common knowledge in the format that I initially quoted.

The reason you are receiving an admonition is for the perversion that you attempted to bring to this thread and forum in the guise of truth.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
I pray for all the souls that have been afflicted with the demons of such a nature as the readers and the world has had to endure.
Amen.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
As stated before it is a fictional concept. And you continue to avoid the truth of natural law.
What truth of natural law am I avoiding????
Quote:
Yet you cannot provide anything to substantiate that this concept is common knowledge in the format that I initially quoted.
The state of an infant's lack of emotional self-control is NOT fictional. The idea that an infant could have adult physical and intellectual abilities IS fictional.
Quote:
The reason you are receiving an admonition is for the perversion that you attempted to bring to this thread and forum in the guise of truth.
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
I pray for all the souls that have been afflicted with the demons of such a nature as the readers and the world has had to endure.
Amen.
Clearly you are distressed and believe you are dealing with some of your fictional demons. I know enough about the power of human belief to admit that those who believe in demons CAN be affected by them, but their own minds are the source of any demonic possessions NOT any external principalities. I echo your prayer.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,068,555 times
Quote:
I know enough about the power of human belief to admit that those who believe in demons CAN be affected by them, but their own minds are the source of any demonic possessions NOT any external principalities. I echo your prayer.

Now see, this is the sort of thing that got you in trouble in the other thread. You choose what parts of the book you want and throw out the window any you don't want, and then think no one should call you on it or they're "lying".

Was Yeshua wrong when He rebuked Satan speaking in Peter to Him? Was He wrong in casting out the legion and talking to them, then allowing them to go into the swine? Are you seriously trying to suggest that He cast out their minds and put them in the swine?

Why didn't He tell the disciples who came back rejoicing over finding out they had dominion over the devils now, that they were just casting out their own minds? Why does it say that casting out demons will follow those that believe? Wake up Mystic, the scriptures, ALL OF THEM, in CONJUNTION with the Spirit that wrote them, have much to teach you. Peace

Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
What truth of natural law am I avoiding????The state of an infant's lack of emotional self-control is NOT fictional. The idea that an infant could have adult physical and intellectual abilities IS fictional.Clearly you are distressed and believe you are dealing with some of your fictional demons. I know enough about the power of human belief to admit that those who believe in demons CAN be affected by them, but their own minds are the source of any demonic possessions NOT any external principalities. I echo your prayer.
Not any external principalities?
Spiritual wickedness in highplaces is within you.?
YOU ARE VERY CONFUSED. MYSTIC.

You cannot touch the truth much less echo a prayer.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
What truth of natural law am I avoiding????The state of an infant's lack of emotional self-control is NOT fictional. The idea that an infant could have adult physical and intellectual abilities IS fictional.Clearly you are distressed and believe you are dealing with some of your fictional demons. I know enough about the power of human belief to admit that those who believe in demons CAN be affected by them, but their own minds are the source of any demonic possessions NOT any external principalities. I echo your prayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Now see, this is the sort of thing that got you in trouble in the other thread. You choose what parts of the book you want and throw out the window any you don't want, and then think no one should call you on it or they're "lying".
You refuse to acknowledge that I filter what is in the Bible through the "mind of Christ" and the characteristics of the Holy Spirit of God described in detail by Jesus. All the things you accept violate the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed by Jesus. You ignore the violations and accept a very unloving reality from our Father who IS agape love. That is unthinking and blind acceptance of everything in the Bible without testing the plausibility or validity of anything "written in ink." But we are to test the spirit of everything against the Holy Spirit of agape love and what God has "written in our hearts." You actually think God would create demons to torment or possess us?????
Quote:
Was Yeshua wrong when He rebuked Satan speaking in Peter to Him?
No because the ONLY Satan there is is within each of us - the Serpent.
Quote:
Was He wrong in casting out the legion and talking to them, then allowing them to go into the swine? Are you seriously trying to suggest that He cast out their minds and put them in the swine?
Why didn't He tell the disciples who came back rejoicing over finding out they had dominion over the devils now, that they were just casting out their own minds? Why does it say that casting out demons will follow those that believe? Wake up Mystic, the scriptures, ALL OF THEM, in CONJUNTION with the Spirit that wrote them, have much to teach you. Peace
Our ignorant superstitious ancestors believed in demons and evil spirits, that is why Jesus needed to speak in parables and create the illusion of a physical body after His death and rebirth as Spirit. They were terrified of spirits!! He knew that their belief was powerful and they needed assurances that demons could be "cast out."
Quote:
Not any external principalities?
Spiritual wickedness in highplaces is within you.?
YOU ARE VERY CONFUSED. MYSTIC.
You cannot touch the truth much less echo a prayer.
Any and all evil is WITHIN US, NOT outside of us. We are to master it as Cain was told to do. Stop focusing on evil and demons and whatnot, that brings negativity into your life and consciousness. Focus on love of God and each other and all things good and decent and loving, etc. and you will live more abundantly and be ready for the next stage after your death and rebirth as Spirit.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
You refuse to acknowledge that I filter what is in the Bible through the "mind of Christ" and the characteristics of the Holy Spirit of God described in detail by Jesus. All the things you accept violate the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed by Jesus. You ignore the violations and accept a very unloving reality from our Father who IS agape love. That is unthinking and blind acceptance of everything in the Bible without testing the plausibility or validity of anything "written in ink." But we are to test the spirit of everything against the Holy Spirit of agape love and what God has "written in our hearts." You actually think God would create demons to torment or possess us?????
No because the ONLY Satan there is is within each of us - the Serpent. Our ignorant superstitious ancestors believed in demons and evil spirits, that is why Jesus needed to speak in parables and create the illusion of a physical body after His death and rebirth as Spirit. They were terrified of spirits!! He knew that their belief was powerful and they needed assurances that demons could be "cast out."
Any and all evil is WITHIN US, NOT outside of us. We are to master it as Cain was told to do. Stop focusing on evil and demons and whatnot, that brings negativity into your life and consciousness. Focus on love of God and each other and all things good and decent and loving, etc. and you will live more abundantly and be ready for the next stage after your death and rebirth as Spirit.
Not bad, you're getting closer.
The point I was trying to help you with is the clarity area.
The fictional concept you proposed has no bearing to the natural order of reality.
You broke a fundamental rule, to an extent.

To be honest I think you're quite brilliant to even touch on even a thread of my copywrite.
You got the parameter down, but the factors are off quite aways.

What tripped me out is that you nearly quoted a character construct verbatim.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,068,555 times
Quote:
No because the ONLY Satan there is is within each of us - the Serpent. Our ignorant superstitious ancestors believed in demons and evil spirits, that is why Jesus needed to speak in parables and create the illusion of a physical body after His death and rebirth as Spirit. They were terrified of spirits!! He knew that their belief was powerful and they needed assurances that demons could be "cast out."

As for the first part of this, read what I just posted about the rock. As for the rest of this nonsense, you want to talk Cain, funny the Lord told him sin was at the door (outside of him, wanting to come in). I guess the Lord G-d didn't know any better either, He must be ignorant and superstitious and all. Peace

Old 10-26-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Are you ready mystic?
For the .
Tell you a story.
A young student among giants.

Long ago there was a young man that carried no thought in the world about the outer dross, or personal appearence.
Nor did this young man measure or weigh his brothers and sisters.
The young man only cared for the inner well being of his family.

So one day as the young man walked into a history class. With no thought of an external threat.
He was caught off guard by two others that had plotted to shame and embaress the young man with no care of dross in front of the class.
What they(the 2) did not expect from the young man was anticipation. He had no thought or plan.
The young man reacted with precision.

So much so that when the culprated 2 were caught and seen red handed by a true witness the 2 were dismissed.

Fare well. Fare strong with no other force other than your own.
If one witness shows no fair judment seek one higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity