Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:08 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,647,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, of course not. We know of no adult infants. It is just a natural conclusion from a speculative "What IF?" I agree, it might indeed make an interesting story.
well of course these are actually real adults, and just being termed "adult infants," i guess there is even a sexual sub-culture, etc. some are intentional, some are just called that as a slur, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 10:08 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,837,742 times
Quote:
What thesis??? Your plot line??? The indisputable FACT is that an infant has NO SELF-CONTROL. That makes it an obvious and natural conclusion that IF an infant somehow had the physical and intellectual capabilities of a full adult, it would be extremely dangerous indeed!!! There is no thesis. It is simply a fact about the status of an infant's ability for self-control.
All I asked for was a link.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It is an interesting story. It's called the bible. The OT god is a good example of infantile non-think in a super-powered being.
case in point, i guess.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:13 PM

64,094 posts, read 40,390,471 times
Quote:
What thesis??? Your plot line??? The indisputable FACT is that an infant has NO SELF-CONTROL. That makes it an obvious and natural conclusion that IF an infant somehow had the physical and intellectual capabilities of a full adult, it would be extremely dangerous indeed!!! There is no thesis. It is simply a fact about the status of an infant's ability for self-control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
All I asked for was a link.
A link to what???? Do you actually think that an infant has self-control???? It is not remotely in question.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
A link to what???? Do you actually think that an infant has self-control???? It is not remotely in question.

Maybe lack of bladder control sure.

But if you had maybe read a few of my post.
I am a freak who has cognitive memory as far back as infancy.

Now I am not arguing developemental stages and reflex test to establish such parameters.

It's the thought process and evaluation you summarized that piqued my interest.

Again fictional concept.
Mine.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,079,135 times
Then my daughter was a freak too, because she told me she remembered an incident from when she was under 18 months old and described the room she was in and the furniture placement perfectly. That's maybe not an infant by the standards you mean, but I never met anyone else who could remember that far back. Peace

Old 10-25-2016, 10:42 PM

ya, it happens. i have a memory from about that age myself. like, one.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Again fictional concept.
Mine.
Wrong. Lack of self-control in an infant is not remotely fictional. I will allow that your particular fictional plot line based on that FACT may be yours, but the fact and its speculative implications are NOT!

Old 10-25-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Then my daughter was a freak too, because she told me she remembered an incident from when she was under 18 months old and described the room she was in and the furniture placement perfectly. That's maybe not an infant by the standards you mean, but I never met anyone else who could remember that far back. Peace
10 mnths, old still remember the room, furniture placement and all. My granddad was cheering me on to walk to him. Using the desk in the formal to brace myself i took my first steps toward him.

It's awesome to hear I am not the only person to have early memories.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Quote:
10 mnths, old still remember the room, furniture placement and all. My granddad was cheering me on to walk to him. Using the desk in the formal to brace myself i took my first steps toward him.
It's awesome to hear I am not the only person to have early memories.
While unusual, it is not a sign of capacity for self-control. My mother tried to breastfeed but stopped after a month or so because it hurt too much. I have a vivid visual memory of breastfeeding so It must have been very early indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity