Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 09:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You're too spiritual for me, lol....Peace
Don't be concerned, super boy is a fictional character.
But your vehicle will run out of gas, if you fail to fuel it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 09:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,071,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
i dislike this pot and mushrooms being thought of as drugs; both have a place. Mandrakes are not condemned in Scripture. This is a cultural taboo, artificially installed after much propaganda. Growing hemp was once required of landowners in the US.

Well, no doubt I will offend someone, maybe you, but I have run into this argument and many similar others over the years, usually the one where "G-d made it, it's natural." My comment is, "Yes, but He didn't make it IN YOU."

The root of all attempts to get "high" come from where Satan said he would ascend his throne above that of the Most High. Like occult practices where the individuals use various forms for their souls to leave their physical bodies, all open doors that only G-d can shut.

The reason being, there is a spiritual realm, and the soul can ascend into it through both things, but the problem is that trying to ascend into spiritual realms without Christ doing the leading and being the covering for your soul, is no different than the women (the soul is feminine in nature) who were to be covered because of the angels (nephilim). Meaning you attract unwanted attention to your soul and create more bondages. Peace

Old 10-20-2016, 09:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times
A lack of iodine may severely affect your brain function and IQ.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,071,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

So does a lack of the word. Peace

Old 10-20-2016, 10:55 PM

64,022 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
By supernatural I mean anything that is NOT the result of the natural processes and laws (God's laws) that govern our reality. There is no such thing. It invites magical thinking and irrational woo that undermines rational thought and understanding of our reality. More than 95% of our reality is comprised of "thngs not seen by human eyes" or measured by human instruments. That does not make them unnatural or supernatural, just NOT currently known or understood. Our own consciousness is "not seen by human eyes" or measured by human instruments. That does not make it supernatural. Belief in the supernatural, (demons, etc.) is destructive of human mental health. The capabilities of our consciousness are enormous and it is those capabilities that enable the creation of evil far beyond what exists in the animal world that is driven only by animal drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You speak of OBEDIENCE in the form of an ethical principle. And you think life satisfaction is derived from OBEDIENCE. Unfortunately using the Bible as a book of ethics is in exact contrast to the principle theme in Scripture as defined by Jesus. Obedience is only acceptable to God when it arises out of agape love. Continuing to stand in the center of the Garden praising the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is what the adversary desires of you. It means one usurps God's position to be the diviner of what is in other men's hearts.

I'm sure you are sincere, yet you remain sincerely out of touch with the love of God. You aren't finding satisfaction in your mystic revelations. You are here looking for affirmation from others. My views have changed as both my knowledge has increased and as I've listened to what God tells others. You don't study or search because you think you have found and no one else is worthy enough for God to speak through. I quoted four of the deepest Christian theologians in modern times, one who even died for his faith, yet you are unable to recognize the wisdom of God in their writings???

Until your obedience arises out of an immersion of your soul in loving God and loving others without putting them into inner and outer courts that obedience is nothing more than clanging symbols.

Tell us about how God loves you and I will tell you how God wants you to love others---and let Him do the decisions on what is good or evil in their lives.

God has spoken on a REGULAR basis throughout history---and the words He speaks DO change from generation to generation. A simple summary of church history supports those changing words of God as He has continually moved us forward from rejecting some people to accepting more and more. Because God's goal is that every one of us be somewhere in the Garden--except in the center.

That Book is going to be your undoing because you see it as a rulebook.

By the way I'm reading 1st Samuel right now and getting a glimpse of how men then rejected the Spirit of Love for their own idol. You've let that idol of a Book interfere with the very theme which resounds throughout it.

I'm afraid the Laws of the Bible have become the trees that prevent you from seeing the forest

Quote:
You are totally clueless about me and what I write. Why not just admit it and quit with all the slander posts? You don't even realize, apparently, that when I say obedience, it is not just to the written Word, but to the Spirit. You think, in that fundy hating excuse not to press in and kill your flesh you've been hiding behind, that it's either one or the other, and couldn't possibly be both. There is your error and your undoing.
Also, I guess I need to point out that I'm not the one "putting them into inner and outer courts". The pattern was set up by Him, and it stands as truth as anything He ordains does. Observing His handiwork and writing about it, is not the same thing as administering it yourself. Seek Him while He can be found. Peace
What you seem NOT to get is that the state of mind for one who is being OBEDIENT is NOT the state of mind desired by God. God wants our state of mind to be agape love for all concerned, NOT concern for ourselves which is what an obedient mindset is all about. We are obedient either to get reward or avoid punishment, but it is ALL about concern for ourselves. Agape love is concern for everyone involved, including ourselves. That is a huge difference.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:59 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,102 times
Quote:
You are totally clueless about me and what I write. Why not just admit it and quit with all the slander posts? You don't even realize, apparently, that when I say obedience, it is not just to the written Word, but to the Spirit. You think, in that fundy hating excuse not to press in and kill your flesh you've been hiding behind, that it's either one or the other, and couldn't possibly be both. There is your error and your undoing.

Also, I guess I need to point out that I'm not the one "putting them into inner and outer courts". The pattern was set up by Him, and it stands as truth as anything He ordains does. Observing His handiwork and writing about it, is not the same thing as administering it yourself. Seek Him while He can be found. Peace
Since Jesus speaks so succinctly, clearly, and lovingly, perhaps you can point out where HE did that? No, you've gone to putting into ancient literature YOUR thoughts.

If you were thinking the thoughts of God, you would be optimizing love for every one of the people Jesus died for---particularly those you don't think He SHOULD have died for.
Quote:
“Nothing that we despise in other men is inherently absent from ourselves. We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or don't do, and more in light of what they suffer.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

And since your spirit doesn't have the central message of Scripture ---Loving God and Loving Others-- it is that "spirit" you should be questioning. But in order to do that, you have to STUDY to show yourself approved unto God. Instead you denigrate study by some of the greatest, most spiritual men that God has sent to us in modern times.

Quote:
“The person who knows only his side of the argument knows little of that.”
Karl Barth

Quote:
To be a teacher in the right sense is to be a learner. I am not a teacher, only a fellow student.
Soren Kierkegaard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UWU0C09ILY

They pushed back from the table
To listen to His words,
His secret plan before He had to go.
It's not complicated;
Don't need a lot of rules,
This is all you'll need to know.
Loving God, loving each other,

Old 10-21-2016, 01:21 AM

64,022 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Since Jesus speaks so succinctly, clearly, and lovingly, perhaps you can point out where HE did that? No, you've gone to putting into ancient literature YOUR thoughts.
If you were thinking the thoughts of God, you would be optimizing love for every one of the people Jesus died for---particularly those you don't think He SHOULD have died for.
Dietrich onhoeffer
And since your spirit doesn't have the central message of Scripture ---Loving God and Loving Others-- it is that "spirit" you should be questioning. But in order to do that, you have to STUDY to show yourself approved unto God. Instead you denigrate study by some of the greatest, most spiritual men that God has sent to us in modern times.
Karl Barth
Soren Kierkegaard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UWU0C09ILY

They pushed back from the table
To listen to His words,
His secret plan before He had to go.
It's not complicated;
Don't need a lot of rules,
This is all you'll need to know.
Loving God, loving each other,

Old 10-21-2016, 02:45 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,831,455 times
Quote:
You ready. ??

Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,645,329 times
Quote:
Well, no doubt I will offend someone, maybe you, but I have run into this argument and many similar others over the years, usually the one where "G-d made it, it's natural." My comment is, "Yes, but He didn't make it IN YOU."

The root of all attempts to get "high" come from where Satan said he would ascend his throne above that of the Most High. Like occult practices where the individuals use various forms for their souls to leave their physical bodies, all open doors that only G-d can shut.

The reason being, there is a spiritual realm, and the soul can ascend into it through both things, but the problem is that trying to ascend into spiritual realms without Christ doing the leading and being the covering for your soul, is no different than the women (the soul is feminine in nature) who were to be covered because of the angels (nephilim). Meaning you attract unwanted attention to your soul and create more bondages. Peace
yet mandrakes do not seem to be condemned in Scripture.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,831,455 times
Quote:
Don't be concerned, super boy is a fictional character.
But your vehicle will run out of gas, if you fail to fuel it.

Right you are.
Yet I don't see the gas pump in your hand.

Beside the fact that you offer a serpent when asked for an egg.
I still forgive you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity