Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2016, 07:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
First let me say your opinion is not even 2 cents worth.

Because you don't understand fundamentalism, you don't know what we believe and that causes you to get everything backwards.

WE do not believe we choose our own path. There is no "Scripture that says we do.

WE teach following the Good Shepherd of Ps 23. he leads us and guides us. We also teach that there is a way that seem right to a man, but in the end it is the way of death---prov 14:12. That is also the end for home made theology.
Paul understands fundamentalism because he was a fundamentalist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 07:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Job became righteous the same way Abraham did---by believing God.
Where does it give that for the reason in the book of Job?...

Old 10-26-2016, 07:28 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,997,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Let's see it. Making hypothesis and using scriptures isn't evidence, but I am open to real evidence.
The heavens are telling of the glory of God.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Isn't there a scripture that addresses this? That our actions reflect what's in our hearts? So, how can David have a righteous heart, yet unrighteous actions?
Righteousness in the Bible does not refer to literal righteousness. It refers to spiritual righteousness. We get the righteousness the same way Abraham did---he believed God.

I Cor 1:30 - By His(God)doing we are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification.

Meld these Scriptures together.

Prov 3:1 - My son, do not forget my teachings, but let your heart keep my commandments.

Ps 119:11 - Your work I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against you.

Rom 7:22 - For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man(where the heart is).

I Sam 16:b - God doe snot see as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Last edited by omega2xx; 10-26-2016 at 07:57 AM..

Old 10-26-2016, 07:52 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,697,470 times
Quote:
So your opinions are logical but if I disagree, mine are not? Can't fight logic like that.

Why don't you point out something I said that is not logical and tell me why it isn't.?
You admitted that you don't use logic; that's on you. I'm simply agreeing with you.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
It is a legitimate question. If you don't know, admit it. If you can't, you don't have the intellectual authority to say it is made up.
If it's not evidenced, then by definition, it is made up. Its only a legitimate questions if the premise is evidenced.

Last edited by Amaznjohn; 10-26-2016 at 08:06 AM..

Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, it is not. You can't name one thing without a cause.
The BOP is on you since you made the assertion. You must prove that everything had a cause.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
i mean, please. we've seen back to 1/10th of a second after the Big Bang, everything just energy, to hydrogen, still virtually nothing, and all you have is "that's an unfounded assertion," lol. Tbh, i don't think this stuff much matters one way or another, but you guys are going to reap what you sow, regardless, and even if you hate God, God does not hate you, and you are going to be condemned by your own lips.

You got freaky-spiritual science nerds out there discovering that when you put the Phi spiral inside a tetrahedron and then slowly revolve it around a pivot axis, and shine a light from behind the Phi spiral, all of the Hebrew characters will show up as the shadows on the inside face of the tetrahedron, but you got issues with the validity of the Bible. Ok.
I started reading that nonsense but I couldn't take it anymore. It reeked of L. Ron Hubbard and his lunacy. If a loving God wanted to reveal his message to the masses, some who have little to no exposure to the scientific community, why would he/she/it require us to jump through all of these hoops?

Old 10-26-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Logically, either God is eternal or matter is. Which do you pick and why?
That's a false dichotomy.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Now where does it say that?..
Rom 3:11

Quote:
Iyov - Job - Chapter 1

1There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was sincere and upright, God-fearing and shunning evil.
Sincere and upright does not = righteous.

He was a man after G-d's own heart because he truly repented when confronted with his sin...

Quote:
What was it that he believed?...
He believed what God told him. Abraham had a barren wife(Gen 11:30). God told Abraham he would become the father of as many children as there are stars in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity