Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 02:23 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,642,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
absolutely misses the point. so bad, in fact, that is is all I have to say right now.

"whats the point of being good ..." after that, I have nothing.
well, you have to admit it is a valid question, one asked and answered in the Bible, imo. It is called "hating yourself" to follow the Word, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 02:37 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,737,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
I am really struggling with this one. So, then, all the pain and damage a person can do in another person's life doesn't even matter?? To me that says I am not important, if someone can crush you and its ok. Somewhere, there should be justice.
before I try and tell you the principles I have learned so far about this subject I feel like I have to ask why do want this information? so you can judge yourself better or so you can judge someone else better and not have to forgive them ? because not forgiving them is not an option if you want to be saved. so it is a packaged deal. our father which art in heaven hallowed be thy name thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespass as we have already forgiven those who have trespassed us . for thine is the kingdom and power and authority forever amen!

on the subject of forgiveness all must forgive .. on the subject of sin " God is not mocked as man sows so shall he reap" and he isn't joking !! but it is not our business how he makes them reap and when . unforgivness keeps our hearts connected to revenge and their sins.. we can't be free and healed if we are still connected to someone else sins or ours.. we are to let Go and let Him do his work without you standing in his way . we can then be free to be healed by him for those things done to us.

as far forgiveness that leads to salvation that is a little longer set of principles.

so why do you want to know why it is good to be good? to do you plan to sin? do you plan that you will reap no consequences for doing that ?

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-03-2016 at 02:47 PM..

Old 11-03-2016, 02:38 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,057,190 times
Quote:
What is the point of being good if everyone is forgiven anyway?? Where is the justice for those who were wronged, if God just forgives the perpetrators as long as they believe in Jesus?
The question is not why would you hit your own Mark. The question is why would you deliberately miss your own mark?

God is on your side. It's the devil you need saved from.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:19 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,043,447 times
Jesus said ``Go and sin no more ``, He also said ` God desires people obey , not sacrifices .... Jesus also said if the end time came , and Jesus is here to judge to world , people and believers who are in unrepentant sin would be left behind to be judged with the world .......

Old 11-03-2016, 07:52 PM

45,677 posts, read 27,299,876 times
Quote:
What is the point of being good if everyone is forgiven anyway?? Where is the justice for those who were wronged, if God just forgives the perpetrators as long as they believe in Jesus?
Hello

Everyone will be judged for what they do - believers and non-believers. Non-believers will be judged without Christ... believers will be judged at the judgment seat of Christ. Our deeds will be taken into account.

If you are part of the family of God through faith, you will be judged and could suffer loss upon entering the kingdom - I think many believers underestimate this.

Non-believers who are outside of the family of God will end up outside of the kingdom.

If you love God, you should seek to be like Christ as much as possible and avoid sin.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:30 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,642,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Know that God Loves You, no matter who you are,
and you are just a little child of a God on the way to a Marriage;
and there is only one thing God requires of you now,
or will ever require of you, despite what anyone else on the planet
tells you is true, i don't care if they have wings, 4 faces, and wheels--
You must suffer the consequences of your sin.

That's it.

There is no judgement
for a baby who sticks his hand in a fire
and there is none necessary
because the baby is going to learn
the only way babies can learn.

and somewhere along the line you started adulting
although you cannot point to the day
and you started thinking about God
somewhere in there

so anyway, Creation manifesting
on just one thing and one thing only
you cannot escape the consequences
of your actions. While you are already forgiven
you will reap what you sow.

that is Word.
from which everything else flows
and there is nothing else that you can attribute to Word
except descriptions
and what is manifested is what will manifest
and that is never going to change

because God never changes
it is you that changed
and are not done changing
the same way a tree is not done growing
or a toddler is not done
sticking their hand in fires

Old 11-03-2016, 09:02 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times
Quote:
Do you have some sort of problem with being good for the sake of being good?

Old 11-03-2016, 09:11 PM

19,103 posts, read 27,690,868 times
Quote:
I am really struggling with this one. So, then, all the pain and damage a person can do in another person's life doesn't even matter?? To me that says I am not important, if someone can crush you and its ok. Somewhere, there should be justice.

Well, for starters, which god you referring to? Christian god? Then you have to accept - FULLY- Lord Jesus Christ as your savior to be forgiven. Always remember the murderer and bandit, crucified next to Jesus.

Secondly... I'll go philosophical on you. Do you really think that puny human can do anything of such a cosmic significance to offend its creator? It's nothing but human vanity and pride, to believe that even the worst sin a human can possibly imagine and commit is of any significance in god's eyes.
We are all him. He is all us. He is everything and anything. How can you offend him or insult him? It's all child play that only puts understanding father smile on his face.
Problem though, with what you ask, is simple. You will only move yourself farther and farther away from what your goal is - to become one with god, by committing things of nature immoral.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:18 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Secondly... I'll go philosophical on you.
Do you really think that puny human can do anything of such a cosmic significance
to offend its creator?
It's nothing but human vanity and pride, to believe that even the worst sin a human can possibly imagine and commit is of any significance in god's eyes.
We are all him. He is all us.
He is everything and anything.
How can you offend him or insult him?
It's all child play that only puts understanding father smile on his face.
Problem though, with what you ask, is simple.
You will only move yourself farther and farther away from what your goal is - to become
one with god, by committing things of nature immoral.
WHOA!
In Big letters!...

You got it goin' on, ukrkoz.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:09 PM

1,382 posts, read 770,255 times
Quote:

Dear 74,
Actually the "cornerstone" is defined by "justice" (Is 28:17). It is the false gospel of grace, which is built on "deception" and "falsehood" and promises protection from the coming "overwhelming scourge" (Is 28:15-18), which is identified as "your covenant with death", that "shall not stand".

Those who "beat his fellow slaves", shall be assigned to "a place with the hypocrite", where there shall be "weeping and gnashing of teeth". (Mt 24:49-51)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity