Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 03:52 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,723,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
What is the point of being good if everyone is forgiven anyway?? Where is the justice for those who were wronged, if God just forgives the perpetrators as long as they believe in Jesus?
Virtue has it's own rewards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 04:07 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,647,795 times

Old 11-04-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I need someone to translate your posts for me. It doesn't surprise me that justice in the bible is miss ta ken for punishing the "assumed" sinner .
it is necessary to provide the aura of an imprimatur, so that people may misunderstand--see and not see--thereby revealing their heart, and providing you with your most valuable in formation; besides being on the wane--improving all of the time, iow--as well as...window...something, church...levels...ya, that's all i got.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:15 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,437,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
it is necessary to provide the aura of an imprimatur, so that people may misunderstand--see and not see--thereby revealing their heart, and providing you with your most valuable in formation; besides being on the wane--improving all of the time, iow--as well as...window...something, church...levels...ya, that's all i got.
Like i just said.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I don't think so. "why be good?" That's the focal point. I am atheist, "I am good" because all we have is each other. well, sorta good

Maybe because I never believed in "be good or he'll get me" so it seems like a silly question. be good for goodness sake. I have no other justification. If a person doesn't understand that ? taz them until they do or shut them off, like any other broken piece of machinery.
"Don't be deceived, campers; it is those who do good that are good."

Old 11-04-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Like i just said.
hey, i repped you for it!

Old 11-04-2016, 04:21 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,437,718 times
Quote:
hey, i repped you for it!
You're swell. xx

Old 11-04-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
It depends what you mean by justice.... by someone getting their comeuppance or the oppressed and the poor and needy having justice on their side. I favor the latter.

It's only the fundamentalist mindset that wants other to get their just desserts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Define "good". What's good for you may be bad for another. It's all relative.
Quote:
they have it's spiritual analogue, something better; reaping what they sow. The poor and needy must be seen as a manifestation of that culture's practices in action. I think it is a false paradigm, perhaps, to intimate "bad" here, when it is actually a record of progress. The poor and needy have a voice now, in you. "Poor and needy" is in the decline, iow, despite "News" to the contrary. Well, the poor you will always have with you, so ya it doesn't surprise me that this prophecy is being attacked, on another level...so many levels, lol

but ya, what they said
Quote:
I need someone to translate your posts for me. It doesn't surprise me that justice in the bible is miss ta ken for punishing the "assumed" sinner .
Quote:
<<<

Old 11-04-2016, 05:22 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,667,444 times
Quote:
"Don't be deceived, campers; it is those who do good that are good."
yes, that's true. We definitely can see 'good" in those that are doing "good". But the question is "why be good?"

Old 11-04-2016, 05:22 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,965,764 times
Why be good if God forgives us our sins anyway?

Because the police won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity