Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 10:56 PM

18,260 posts, read 17,024,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why be good if God forgives us our sins anyway?
Who says He does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hello

Everyone will be judged for what they do - believers and non-believers. Non-believers will be judged without Christ... believers will be judged at the judgment seat of Christ. Our deeds will be taken into account.

If you are part of the family of God through faith, you will be judged and could suffer loss upon entering the kingdom - I think many believers underestimate this.

Non-believers who are outside of the family of God will end up outside of the kingdom.

If you love God, you should seek to be like Christ as much as possible and avoid sin.
This is just more fundamentalist claptrap. Innumerable people who have had NDE's will all say when they had a life review nobody judged them except themselves. The "sins" they were shown were sins of unkindness and lovelessness and cruelty to others, nothing else.

Quote:
While in the presence of the Being of Light during a life review, it is impossible to lie to yourself or to others or to the Light. In the Light, there is no place for secrets to hide. But it is not God who judges us after we die. The purpose for the life review is strictly for education, enlightenment and spiritual growth. In the presence of the Being of Light, some people may judge or condemn or punish themselves. There is no judgment except the judgment we might level at ourselves and even this we shouldn't do. God's standard is pure love and our lives will be compared to this standard in the light of God. Pure love is serving God and others without having self-centered motives for doing so. The life review is the perfect experience for the Being of Light to reveal to people how they have measured up to this standard and their mission in life.
http://www.near-death.com/science/re...fe-review.html

I could name you a thousand people who have said this exact same thing if I had the time to research them on YouTube. But you all can find the exact same stories if you just google and then read and stop following this Christian balderdash!

Last edited by thrillobyte; 11-03-2016 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 11:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,486,204 times
Why be good, if God forgives us our sins anyway?

Shall we do evil, so that good may come?

Old 11-04-2016, 12:24 AM

9 posts, read 34,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
What is the point of being good if everyone is forgiven anyway?? Where is the justice for those who were wronged, if God just forgives the perpetrators as long as they believe in Jesus?
No one is good. This makes no sense.

If you are trying to say why should we adhere to Gods commands as best we can, well because we have the holy spirit inside us constantly molding us into Christs Image. Romans 8:29 This is what happens at salvation.

If we didn't have that, then heaven would be more like hell. Know there will be plenty of people in hell who are more concerned about questions like why "be good" in comparison to others (whatever that means) than having Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior

Old 11-04-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I am really struggling with this one. So, then, all the pain and damage a person can do in another person's life doesn't even matter??
Imagine if you were a judge and had to sentence someone for all their wrongs, imagine the outcome regarding just yourself . You will pay dearly for every transgression against your holy god.

Quote:
To me that says I am not important, if someone can crush you and its ok. Somewhere, there should be justice.
If someone refuses to repent and instead decide that others need to be accountable for their sins but not "my own sins" then that is hypocritical. Get it? You want others accountable but not yourself. But luckily God is love. In order to save his creation, he became a man then died on the cross BEARING all of your transgressions. He forgave you. That is if you allow it and don't get sidetracked with a vendetta against others who transgressed against you

Old 11-04-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why be good, if God forgives us our sins anyway?

Shall we do evil, so that good may come?
I think you mean...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

Good job though. excellent VERSE!

Old 11-04-2016, 06:02 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,380,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The point in "being good" is that, in the process, one doesn't wrong/hurt others, nor hurt self.

Yes. Also, we should be good, not perfect. Perfectionism is something I dealt with for years until I realized it was a form of self-hatred.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:13 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,455,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Yes. Also, we should be good, not perfect. Perfectionism is something I dealt with for years until I realized it was a form of self-hatred.
I hear ya. Actually, I'd say forget about being "good" even. Cultivate love (agape) for all living things, and for the Source of life and love, and let that be your guide.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:30 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,455,306 times
Quote:
I am really struggling with this one. So, then, all the pain and damage a person can do in another person's life doesn't even matter?? To me that says I am not important, if someone can crush you and its ok. Somewhere, there should be justice.
By the word "justice", I'm gathering you mean punishment. Destiny, I don't know how old you are, but once you've lived a while, you come to realize that no one, including yourself, gets through life without causing some pain and damage to others. So, I have a couple questions for you.

1. What kind of punishment could/should be meted out on you in order for the other person to know that what you've done to them matters?

2. As far as the pain and damage that others have caused in your life, have you ever seen someone punished for something they've done to you and, if so, did it change what they did to you or make the pain and damage go away? Punishment can't do that, so what purpose did their punishment actually serve for you?

By the way, in case you were under the impression that you don't ... YOU MATTER. And you matter regardless of any damage or pain that has been inflicted on you. Do you believe that?

Last edited by Pleroo; 11-04-2016 at 07:40 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 10:40 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,647,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
nice. God does not expect perfection. Father wants us to be perfect, as He is perfect. Like David was perfect, the apple of God's eye. Iow willing to quickly rebound, admit mistakes, say sorry, make it right, etc. The only thing that is required of you, from Father, is that you experience the consequences of your actions. Period. That's all. And God does not change there. That is all you ever have to do, is that. You are forgiven, as a child who has stuck their hand in a fire is "forgiven," i mean "forgiven" is easy, for God anyway, i guess some people still might scold a toddler for sticking their hand in a fire, lol. Like that is going to be a better lesson than the burn? "I told you not to do that" lol, like, who are you, anyway, Jack.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:43 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,753,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear 74,
Actually the "cornerstone" is defined by "justice" (Is 28:17). It is the false gospel of grace, which is built on "deception" and "falsehood" and promises protection from the coming "overwhelming scourge" (Is 28:15-18), which is identified as "your covenant with death", that "shall not stand".

Those who "beat his fellow slaves", shall be assigned to "a place with the hypocrite", where there shall be "weeping and gnashing of teeth". (Mt 24:49-51)
now that is the real going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity