Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:08 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Nope, I am saying that about you and you are simply pretending it is not true of yourself and the OP even when it is blatantly obvious from the OP.
Okay, go through the list in the OP and you tell us which lives didn't matter to Jesus...

Quote:
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Samaritan lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Children’s lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Gentile lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Jewish lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Women’s lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Lepers’ lives matter.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 09:11 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You seem to be saying that you don't know how to take the principles of justice that you learn from your teachers and apply them, and so you don't think anyone else is capable of doing that either.
Quote:
Nope, I am saying that about you and you are simply pretending it is not true of yourself and the OP even when it is blatantly obvious from the OP.
Quote:
Either that or your teachers have taught you that it is okay to bear false witness and you are completely committed to their teachings.
You are SO wrapped up in the letter and the idea of scripture that you can't even see and apply the principle.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:13 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It is true, we are not only dividing ourselves based on LABELS, we actively seek NEW labels to create even greater division.

Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Samaritan lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Children’s lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Gentile lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Jewish lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Women’s lives matter.”
Instead of saying all lives matter, Jesus said, “Lepers’ lives matter.”

Social Justice Is a Christian Tradition — Not a Liberal Agenda
I wish we lived in a perfect world (Dream Time) too.
We don't.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I wish we lived in a perfect world (Dream Time) too.
We don't.
Sometimes, you remind me of one of my all-time favorite characters.

(Y'know I love you.)

Old 11-23-2016, 09:21 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nice try Z. I'm not sure why the main point of the article is being ignored by other posters in favor of focusing on side issues."
You mean like you do along with others in OP's like:
Thanks for God's Mercy
Women; God teaches in the Holy Bible, you in fact really do matter

Old 11-23-2016, 09:23 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Like it has been said--IF I DO NOT SPEAK OUT, THE STONES WOULD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE...

Never stop trying and always proclaim the truth of the God I know and the requirement to LOVE our neighbor(s)--EVERY PERSON IS OUR NEIGHBOR, NOT JUST THOSE WHO LOOK LIKE US, THINK LIKE US and HATE LIKE US---what good is it to LOVE those who love you???
And there's an example of your divisiveness. You love to use that phrase, ''the God I know,'' but when replying to those with whom you disagree, you make statements like, ''the god you claim to know.''

Further, the stones couldn't care less about what you post on this forum. Most of which is aimed at trashing fundamentalism, and trashing the Bible which you quote only when it suits you to do so.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You mean like you do along with others in OP's like:
Thanks for God's Mercy
Women; God teaches in the Holy Bible, you in fact really do matter
I don't see that pointing out the condition for "mattering" is doing what you are told rather than exercise your talents and calling is a "side issue," but then that's a side issue to THIS thread.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:31 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I don't see that pointing out the condition for "mattering" is doing what you are told rather than exercise your talents and calling is a "side issue," but then that's a side issue to THIS thread.
Maybe you don't see because having the mind of a closed umbrella on the wrong end never works

Old 11-23-2016, 09:33 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
whose doing teh dividing and willingly ADMITS to isolating themselves from those who are different???

And yet it is said LOVE YOUR ENEMIES. LOVE THOSE WHO HATE YOU...LOVE LOVE LOVE..

I never said that I isolate myself from those who are different. What I'm saying is that I will always take truth over unity with those who oppose truth. I will never discard truth for the sake of unity. I will never take the lie over the truth for the sake of community. If the truth causes division, then so be it.

Like I said, 'people's lives matter' which is all you had to say instead of making that list of different kinds of people.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I never said that I isolate myself from those who are different. What I'm saying is that I will always take truth over unity with those who oppose truth. I will never discard truth for the sake of unity. I will never take the lie over the truth for the sake of community. If the truth causes division, then so be it.

Like I said, 'people's lives matter' which is all you had to say instead of making that list of different kinds of people.
Mike, I think the point is that while it is true that ALL lives matter, it's important to realize that there are specific groups within our society who are not experiencing that in their reality. We can't just pretend that labels don't exist in people's minds, and that sometimes those labels lead to people thinking and acting on the belief that, "It's THEIR problem, not mine/ours."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity