Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:50 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I thought you guys were agape? In any event, you guys sympathize with men in drag and then condemn an alledged adulterer. Oh, the hypocrisy!
A man caught in bed with a wife not his own is not and alleged adulterer. The true hipocracy is you protecting this mans actions.

These two people have placed their own selfishness over their families.

Adultery has nothing to do with men wearing dresses. Remember, Jesus wore a dress, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 08:54 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,827,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Yes, the usual double standard. Not surprising that these two are DEFENDING A MAN who was found sleeping with a woman who came to the church with her husband! The man RAN AWAY NAKED and was lucky he didn't have his head blown off by the husband in pursuit. I don't think the husband is going to be happy when he finds out the pastor is back in the pulpit telling people how sinful they are. Typical church business though. And oh, my, God is going to punish me for speaking out about this! So they say. I'll take my chances.
No one is defending this man and his actions.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I agree !
To be honest I cringe when I see these type of Threads . They create nothing but strife, contention, and dissension among the brethren.

And my 02cents worth, if this story is really true the Pastor should take the responsibility himself and if he refuses well then the Church then should step in and privately (two or three witnessess) speak to him about him stepping down from his position as Pastor . I would think the embarrassment of such would cause him stepping down from the pulpit himself . Then the Church after a time take the responsibility of reinstating him back when his life shows of true repentance .

But when it comes to the internet, tabloids and etc., I would say three quarters or more of the stuff they write about isn't true . I don't believe half of what I read standing in line at the grocery store with these magazines with their big head lines of their made up gossip . Especially with the media, the internet, these days with their so called news is usually made up news to draw the readers in . Its that money thing, money, money money, just plain old greed at its best .

Unless I myself witness in seeing or hearing this Pastor or anyone accused and until they say they are guilty of what they are being accused of I will not believe such stories that ppl or our media falsely report in their gossip articles .
I understand your dilemma cause it really depends on the motivation of the parties involved who reported this to begin with.
Did they do so as facts being as they are?
Did they do so as to validate a larger agenda because of their opposition to Christianity?
With that said; though all who ask for forgiveness are fully and freely forgiven by God, God still holds pastors to a higher standard (that when violated) requires such individual to relinquish themselves as shepherd of souls.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:44 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
A man caught in bed with a wife not his own is not and alleged adulterer. The true hipocracy is you protecting this mans actions.

These two people have placed their own selfishness over their families.

Adultery has nothing to do with men wearing dresses. Remember, Jesus wore a dress, too.
First of all, I do not uphold the alleged adulterer. Secondly, I do not uphold for men in drag either. However, the agape people condemn the first and uphold the latter!

Old 02-03-2017, 09:53 AM

45,707 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Quote:
unrepentant, unconfessed and unforsaken sins are not forgiven. The soul that sins shall die, as written by Ezekiel.
The soul that sins will not die... through Christ's death on the cross. Otherwise, everyone dies apart from God.

The issue is not whether people are unrepentant and sins are unconfessed. The issue is if you possess the Son of God or not (1 John 5).

Old 02-03-2017, 09:54 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times
Quote:
First of all, I do not uphold the alleged adulterer. Secondly, I do not uphold for men in drag either. However, the agape people condemn the first and uphold the latter!
You made the comparison. You seem to uphold it. A naked man admitting to having sex with another mans wife is in fact an adulterer.

There is no alleging.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The soul that sins will not die... through Christ's death on the cross. Otherwise, everyone dies apart from God.

The issue is not whether people are unrepentant and sins are unconfessed. The issue is if you possess the Son of God or not (1 John 5).
DRob4JC, you have been taught incorrectly; Jesus paid the price to make the plan of Salvation possible for mankind. "It is finished!" Jesus cried. Repentant men and women now had access to God, the veil was torn from top to bottom.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You made the comparison. You seem to uphold it. A naked man admitting to having sex with another mans wife is in fact an adulterer.

There is no alleging.
I have not researched the situation, nor am I inclined to do so, so he's an alleged adulterer to me.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:06 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
I have not researched the situation, nor am I inclined to do so, so he's an alleged adulterer to me.
Yeah, why bother researching what's true?

Such a waste of time, eh?

Old 02-03-2017, 10:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah, why bother researching what's true?

Such a waste of time, eh?
I have not been one bit surprised by the peeps who were irked by the posting of this story. I see a large portion of my posts have been removed. Oh well.... Have a good day, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity