Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Dirty Laundry Lyrics - Don Henley
Boy now doesn't people's dirty laundry sell Rain?

SO you think you can wait until it is your turn to have your dirty laundry on the big screen for all to laugh at hum? ever read " you shall reap what you sow" ? you need to repent and stop sowing what you don't want reap . The cross means you don't have to have your dirty spready on the big screen because it has been removed and washed clean if you have repented . he will have to reap his sins ,but so will you !
so why do you have to show everyones dirty laundry but yours? so I'm afraid that your turn will come too.
Does the bible not say CALL OUT YOUR BRETHREN WHO SIN??

"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 09:05 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.
Dealing With Sin in the Church
15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Old 02-06-2017, 09:13 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:

Unfortunately this discussion is public for everyone to read.
But in all considerstion. This is the Christian forum.

I do believe it is best to pm. Someone first so as to avoid any offences. Yet, you have to remember to be sober and alert for the sake of the bretheren.
Do not be taken by the wiles of the devil.

Eph. 6. Take up the whole armor.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:20 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Unfortunately this discussion is public for everyone to read.
But in all considerstion. This is the Christian forum.

I do believe it is best to pm. Someone first so as to avoid any offences. Yet, you have to remember to be sober and alert for the sake of the bretheren.
Do not be taken by the wiles of the devil.

Eph. 6. Take up the whole armor.
Guess the disciples forgot to take into account modern technology and communications?

Old 02-06-2017, 12:31 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:

privately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is not your job to fix his body!!

Old 02-06-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Dealing With Sin in the Church
15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
thank you PIN!!!!

Old 02-06-2017, 12:44 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:

SO you think you can wait until it is your turn to have your dirty laundry on the big screen for all to laugh at hum? ever read " you shall reap what you sow" ? you need to repent and stop sowing what you don't want reap . The cross means you don't have to have your dirty spready on the big screen because it has been removed and washed clean if you have repented . he will have to reap his sins ,but so will you !
so why do you have to show everyones dirty laundry but yours? so I'm afraid that your turn will come too.
My reason for posting the story was not to spread the man's dirty laundry, it was already made public, but my point was to ask why he would think he can just jump back into the pulpit and continue on preaching AGAINST SIN as if what he did was like no big deal and I was wondering out loud why people subject themselves to be "taught" the bible by men who are standing in a pulpit.

I lead a pretty quiet life, so it is unlikely that my dirty laundry will be aired in public unless someone can read my "bad" thoughts and post those.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:22 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:

He left his dirty laundry at that woman's house and God allowed it to be made public, that's why everyone knows about it.

Nobody who is a Christian laughs at this. He shouldn't be pastoring anyone. What woman would trust being counseled by him?

Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM

But you are going to talk about it with Non christians? and this is not just one thread of accusations Rain . you have tons of threads trying to destroy and not build up . you are doing nothing but gossiping and helping no one learn to forgive or submit one to another . it is called goatdom.
There are women who's only goal is to do any kind of nasty with as many married men and pastors are a special prizes , even if it is only in appearance in order to accuse. you know that is right out of the pit of hell.
and if he gives in he should be no one pastor for a long time and he has proven himself faithful. and yet he still may be the most faithful man in his whole congregation because of America and our great sins.
you need to get off the throne . you guys goats need not lead anyone anywhere either . a repentant David is better still than any goat.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Liberal theologians delight in tearing down Godly preaching by attacking fallen preachers, many of whom were indeed hypocrites. Even backslidden preachers who preach the truth can win souls for the Lord because it's the Word that convicts a sinner to repentance. God said His Word would not return void unto Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity