Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,530,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
No, the fact is that females are sometimes born with male genitalia, and males sometimes with female genitalia.
Really. Justifying gender dysphoria as being no different than hermaphroditism.
Not surprising the measures one will take to blame God for what Jesus said is a person's own accountability.

Problem is hermaphroditism in humans is extremely rare, so any attempt to equate gender dysphoria with that is obvious deflection to justify where the issue of sexual immorality like gender dysphoria resides:
"For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality,
theft, murder,
adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly." ~ Jesus
Quote:
And Christ's discussion on divorce, has nothing to do with gender dysphoria either.
For someone demanding to stay on topic, you aren't doing too good.
hermaphroditism ... now divorce.
Quote:
Look, you can consider yourself nothing more than walking, talking genitalia, because that is what you are saying, that the heart and soul of a person either doesn't matter, or that they don't exist, I can't tell which.
Actually you are deflecting it to nothing more than walking, talking genitalia.
I rather am focusing in on the attitude of the person who finds any which way of ignoring the unarguable teaching of Jesus that clearly refutes sexual immorality being a greater problem than just outward expressions.

Quote:
But I AM a soul. That is who I am. This flesh that I am in now will decay, and rot. I will live on, my soul will live on. My soul is female. My brain, the seat of my identity is female. I am female.
It's all about you, isn't.
Well God doesn't create a male with female brains and soul.
Much to your dismay, even the medical world realizes DSM-5 maintains a distinction
between intersexuality (hermaphroditism) and sexual dysphoria.
Quote:
Back on topic:
What this pastor did was wrong. He might as well have spat in the face of God when he cheated on his wife.
I hope that you understand that Jesus was tempted in every way (including gender dysphoria) and did not succumb to it.

Remember that Jesus is sympathetic for the sorrow, confusion, frustration, shame, and despair that are likely present in any individual dealing with gender dysphoria. Many will pray that God will lead you to seek care that is not hostile to the Christian faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 05:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,454,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I hope that you understand that Jesus was tempted in every way (including gender dysphoria) and did not succumb to it.

Remember that Jesus is sympathetic for the sorrow, confusion, frustration, shame, and despair that are likely present in any individual dealing with gender dysphoria. Many will pray that God will lead you to seek care that is not hostile to the Christian faith
Really? Do you actually know what temptation is?

Old 02-05-2017, 05:25 PM

15,992 posts, read 6,398,421 times
Quote:
Really. Justifying gender dysphoria as being no different than hermaphroditism.
Not surprising the measures one will take to blame God for what Jesus said is a person's own accountability.

Problem is hermaphroditism in humans is extremely rare, so any attempt to equate gender dysphoria with that is obvious deflection to justify where the issue of sexual immorality like gender dysphoria resides:
"For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality,
theft, murder,
adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly." ~ Jesus
For someone demanding to stay on topic, you aren't doing too good.
hermaphroditism ... now divorce.

Actually you are deflecting it to nothing more than walking, talking genitalia.
I rather am focusing in on the attitude of the person who finds any which way of ignoring the unarguable teaching of Jesus that clearly refutes sexual immorality being a greater problem than just outward expressions.

It's all about you, isn't.
Well God doesn't create a male with female brains and soul.
Much to your dismay, even the medical world realizes DSM-5 maintains a distinction
between intersexuality (hermaphroditism) and sexual dysphoria.

Out of the heart's abundance the mouth speaks.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:43 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,720,122 times
Quote:
No, the fact is that females are sometimes born with male genitalia, and males sometimes with female genitalia.

And Christ's discussion on divorce, has nothing to do with gender dysphoria either.

Look, you can consider yourself nothing more than walking, talking genitalia, because that is what you are saying, that the heart and soul of a person either doesn't matter, or that they don't exist, I can't tell which.

But I AM a soul. That is who I am. This flesh that I am in now will decay, and rot. I will live on, my soul will live on. My soul is female. My brain, the seat of my identity is female. I am female.
And it is too bad there are serpents slithering around looking for someone to condemn. They will never understand or acknowledge gender dysphoria nor many other things shown by science and fortunately for you, you do not have to answer to them. Fortunately for you, God looks on the heart and these foolish men take any opportunity to open their mouths to condemn the innocent, while knowing we will give an account for the way we treat others and how we speak. I wish I were as nice and patient as you are.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:41 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,863,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
And it is too bad there are serpents slithering around looking for someone to condemn. They will never understand or acknowledge gender dysphoria nor many other things shown by science and fortunately for you, you do not have to answer to them. Fortunately for you, God looks on the heart and these foolish men take any opportunity to open their mouths to condemn the innocent, while knowing we will give an account for the way we treat others and how we speak. I wish I were as nice and patient as you are.

Bless you, Rain. Thank you for your loving kindness. <3 Don't let them get you down. Jesus and I have already walked our road.. I'm in His hands, as are you. <3

Old 02-05-2017, 08:52 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,863,244 times
Quote:

Also, please remember it isn't the men who accuse me we are fighting against, not Ultimately. We don't fight against flesh and blood. They are still our spiritual siblings, and they need our love too Especially when they are less than kind to us.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:12 PM

64,030 posts, read 40,336,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
Jesus declared that God created a natural law along with everything that comes along with in ‘made them male and female,’. In other words, under the umbrella of sexual immorality and the created natural law, the Bible does speak about gender dysphoria.
Jesus' words usurp anything that medical science conjures up since:
1) “at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ (aka natural law)
2) and that ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ "
Being happily celibate gender dysphoria is irrelevant to the issue; it is the perversion of God's Word that suggests females are created with male brains \ males are created with female brains.
::Sigh::

Old 02-05-2017, 09:24 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,720,122 times
Quote:
Also, please remember it isn't the men who accuse me we are fighting against, not Ultimately. We don't fight against flesh and blood. They are still our spiritual siblings, and they need our love too Especially when they are less than kind to us.
You're right. I have to be reminded of this over and over again.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:32 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,962,601 times
Quote:
You never miss an opportunity to condemn someone or discourage God's faithful. How unfortunate.
You do acknowledge/believe that we will all give account for every word spoken, right?
Nonsense. Twin.spin is giving the Word, which irritates those who don't embrace It.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:51 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,747,629 times
Dirty Laundry Lyrics - Don Henley
Boy now doesn't people's dirty laundry sell Rain?

SO you think you can wait until it is your turn to have your dirty laundry on the big screen for all to laugh at hum? ever read " you shall reap what you sow" ? you need to repent and stop sowing what you don't want reap . The cross means you don't have to have your dirty spready on the big screen because it has been removed and washed clean if you have repented . he will have to reap his sins ,but so will you !
so why do you have to show everyones dirty laundry but yours? so I'm afraid that your turn will come too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity