Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:47 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,962,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Whose work gets people saved... ours or His? His work gets us saved. How is His work applied to people? Believe in Christ... His death for our sins... resurrection to new life. At that point, we possess the Son and the work that He did is applied to us. Finished. With regards to salvation, that's it. If you have the Son, you have the life. If you don't have the Son, you don't have the life.

With regards to rewards and one's existence after this life in God's presence, those other issues of repentance and unconfessed sin will come into play at the believer's judgment.
It's His works working through us. Therefore, you are no longer your own to do what you want, for you are bought with a price. If you reach for sin again, the devil has bought you back. Sin equals death, always has and always will. Repent, forsake sin and let Jesus be one's Master; that's the plan of Salvation that Jesus paid for. "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto myself", Jesus said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 12:43 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Weird...because I can quote you passages where he explicitly condemns sinful behavior. He even bragged about confronting Peter in his sin.

How about Jesus? Was he wrong for calling out the sinful hypocrisy of the Pharisees?
Well he was playing the hypocrite then, how can you say if you judge another for their sin that you are doing the same thing that you judge in another , then say it's ok to judge sin and sinners.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Weird...because I can quote you passages where he explicitly condemns sinful behavior. He even bragged about confronting Peter in his sin.

How about Jesus? Was he wrong for calling out the sinful hypocrisy of the Pharisees?
Please quote the passages and let us examine them in context. The Pharisees were called out for their hypocrisy because they took it upon themselves to judge hypocritically, that which they could not see in themselves, if that's how you operate, then God and every tom, dick and harry will call you out.

Judge yourself so you be not judged

Who are you Vizio to judge another man's servant. If you spent more time seeing God in another than what you think is sin in another, folk will start to see God in you. But will you?, will you heckers like, it's more satisfying condemning another what you refuse to condemn in yourself

Last edited by pcamps; 02-03-2017 at 01:20 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,832,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Our local newspaper has a regular police report release with mug shots. This is Florida. You must be from a foreign country. Sued for what? Moderator cut: delete
You misunderstand,
Based on how the article read. A police report was released. Not a criminal record.
The county can be for Sued for releasing a police report.

I do not have the time to go into details. Or give a lecture.
I would even suggest some probono Lawyers take up the case. Maybe even set up an account for all the proceeds to be forwarded to good use in the community.
Since the community leaders responsible for the information were so quick to break quite a few oaths they swore to uphold.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,250,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Please quote the passages and let us examine them in context. The Pharisees were called out for their hypocrisy because they took it upon themselves to judge hypocritically, that which they could not see in themselves, if that's how you operate, then God and every tom, dick and harry will call you out.

Judge yourself so you be not judged

Who are you Vizio to judge another man's servant. If you spent more time seeing God in another than what you think is sin in another, folk will start to see God in you. But will you?, will you heckers like, it's more satisfying condemning another what you refuse to condemn in yourself
weird. You're judging me because you feel it's wrong to judge.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
weird. You're judging me because you feel it's wrong to judge.
Lol, I'm correcting you by the Bible you look to because you like the Pharisee believe it's fair game to judge sin in another, and worse still believe you have been commissioned to do so.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,283,701 times
Quote:
If you spent more time seeing God in another than what you think is sin in another, folk will start to see God in you.
That's good stuff, pcamps.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:40 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,454,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The adults can bang the crap out of each other while spouting bible verses inside of a confessional drenched in holy water for all I care. It's when they go after the kids, and then justify it that makes them reprehensible.
Understandably.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:52 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,250,550 times
Quote:
Lol, I'm correcting you by the Bible you look to because you like the Pharisee believe it's fair game to judge sin in another, and worse still believe you have been commissioned to do so.
You're just so judgmental. You should stop it. That's bad, as you say.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
You're just so judgmental. You should stop it. That's bad, as you say.
Go on... what part was judging you. I basically said that Christian's that believe like you believe they are commissioned or authorized to judge sin in others, I by the scriptures have shown you by the scriptures that you are not ...... is this a true or false statement ?. I have never said anything is bad... because to the pure everything is pure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity