Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2017, 02:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm sure you must be aware that saying "I'm sorry" is negated when you tell someone not to get their undies in a twist, right? Anyway, you're apologizing for the wrong thing. There's never a need to be sorry when you genuinely didn't understand something.

Just an expression, sort of like this one...."For goodness sake, he even bolded it so you wouldn't have to STRAIN YOURSELF TOO MUCH." Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 04:44 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am NOT "crying out for judgment against the churches that have amassed wealth." In my view, God is quite capable of drawing straight lines with "crooked sticks." A lot of people are made more spiritual and decent by following these charlatans. It is not my place to judge nor is it yours to judge anyone or anything except yourself, EVER. We face God alone and are responsible only for ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Then when will you stop judging these "charlatans"? Peace
How can you read what I posted and accuse me of judging?????

Old 07-08-2017, 04:57 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,422,592 times
Quote:
Just an expression, sort of like this one...."For goodness sake, he even bolded it so you wouldn't have to STRAIN YOURSELF TOO MUCH." Peace
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that, "I'm sorry" is just a meaningless expression to you.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:19 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,050,180 times
Hammani blah ni goo pah raya nie yuu pi faaa waaa siii maa guu gwaya!

Old 07-08-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How can you read what I posted and accuse me of judging?????

Oh, I don't know the word "charlatans" was a clue. Peace

Old 07-08-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that, "I'm sorry" is just a meaningless expression to you.

And I guess I shouldn't be surprised you should say so? Are we done here? Peace

Old 07-08-2017, 09:50 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,733,822 times
Quote:
With all due respect, Warden, do you not see the hypocritical stance you just erected with your last statement? What you said begs the question; why aren't YOU bringing those you are condemning in these posts, through the "example of real Christians who know how to love an individual to Christ instead of harping on THEIR sins?"

Again, it is the LOVE of mammon that is the problem, not the money or the having of money, itself. He destroyed those temples for reasons unrelated to money, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

And by your stance, you're actually denigrating Him and don't realize it. Don't you know that He has authority over mammon? He came to reverse the curses, the curses being, poverty, sickness, and death. He proved this by the fish with the coin in it's mouth.

The reason the evil one wanted to kill Him in the first place is because if you are not under the system of self-gain (needing man's monetary systems to survive), can't be killed off or controlled through diseased flesh (because your G-d is a healer), even have the weather at your command, these 3 things just pointed to His mastery as master of the sea, land (EARTHEN vessels), and air. Only thing left is fire, and He settled that one too on the day of Pentecost. He IS El Yon, G-d of heaven and earth.

Saying He is not in control of the mammon is a discredit to His righteousness, power, and His nature. Just because it doesn't APPEAR that way right now, doesn't make it untrue. He has a settling and a reckoning coming to all.

And BTW, I'm not a fan of ANY of the churches, the mega-churches probably the least of all. But principles of G-d supersede any opinions I might have, for or against, ANYTHING. It's HIS truth I'm after. Peace
Did you not read what JESUS said about rich people---rarely able to enter heaven? Why do you question HIM????

The only people Jesus PERSONALLY condemned were those who had religious rules. I follow Him. You are making religious rules and stating they are from the "Spirit." But Jesus summed up all those rules with two commandments which you keep claiming, in so many words, that He was mistaken about. That makes you not a Jesus follower but a Pharisee---the ones He personally condemned.

It's not hard
Love God with all your heart and mind and soul, and
Love your neighbor as yourself.

Get rid of the garbage and grab hold of the gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=httACYMAokw

Sow mercy
Sow grace
Sow kindness
Sow faith
Words are like water, sprinkled with love
You will harvest all your heart's been dreaming of
Sow mercy

God's righteousness is His MERCY!!! Try passing out what He gave freely through Jesus. And refrain from defending mammon that Jesus soundly and roundly condemned.

Quote:
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."
Matt 6:24
Doesn't sound like there is room for both here---it's one or the other.
Quote:
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.
Luke 12:33
Quote:
Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
James 5:1-6
Quote:
But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation."
Luke 6:24
Quote:
For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.
James 1:11
Quote:
And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”
Luke 12:15
Quote:
He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity.
Ecclesiastes 5:10
Quote:
Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
Matt 5:42
Quote:
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?
I John 3:17
Quote:
And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”
Luke 3:11
Quote:
They spent their time learning the apostles’ teaching, sharing, breaking bread, and praying together. The apostles were doing many miracles and signs, and everyone felt great respect for God. All the believers were together and shared everything. They would sell their land and the things they owned and then divide the money and give it to anyone who needed it.
Acts 2:42-45
Those in Acts are many of the very ones to whom their tongues were lit on fire!!! Why did they sell all they have to give to anyone who needed it. Apparently the tongues part is great, but the giving it all away is simply misunderstood and is unnecessary to show that the Holy Spirit has come upon an individual?

Methinks that the "Spirit" has let you down and you should partake in a little intellectual study of Scripture. You simply grasp what sounds good, and make excuses for that which is simply too difficult.

Too many "christians" have God but want more. Like Adam and Eve they desperately desire to be bigger shots than they are. Satan lied to them--and he still lies today--and those with material wealth see themselves as bigger than they really are. Guess who is most likely to drive faster and act like the highway belongs to them exclusively? The rich and powerful of course!

Quote:
The rich really are different — and, apparently more self-absorbed, according to the latest research.

That goes against the conventional wisdom that the more people have, the more they appreciate their obligations to give back to others. Recent studies show, for example, that wealthier people are more likely to cut people off in traffic and to behave unethically in simulated business and charity scenarios. Earlier this year, statistics on charitable giving revealed that while the wealthy donate about 1.3% of their income to charity, the poorest actually give more than twice as much as a proportion of their earnings — 3.2%.
------------
“You could imagine negative attitudes toward wealth redistribution as a result of entitlement,” says Piff. “The more severe inequality becomes, the more entitled people may feel and the less likely to share those resources they become.”
The Rich Have Higher Level of Narcissism, Study Shows | TIME.com

It appears that 2000 years prior to current day psychological studies---Jesus knew what He was talking about!

Old 07-08-2017, 11:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
I didn't ask you for your definition, I asked Jerwade. Peace
Quote:
But Jerwade answered you, and you're still asking.
Quote:
Because it wasn't an answer to my question. Peace
Quote:
Of course it was.
It wasn't that difficult, common sense ...thanks.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:28 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't know the word "charlatans" was a clue. Peace
That word has a very definite and clear definition and the people being discussed fit it perfectly. It has nothing to do with judging them. I acknowledge that they accomplish positive things among those who are being scammed.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:24 AM

23,239 posts, read 10,522,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Did you not read what JESUS said about rich people---rarely able to enter heaven? Why do you question HIM????

The only people Jesus PERSONALLY condemned were those who had religious rules. I follow Him. You are making religious rules and stating they are from the "Spirit." But Jesus summed up all those rules with two commandments which you keep claiming, in so many words, that He was mistaken about. That makes you not a Jesus follower but a Pharisee---the ones He personally condemned.

It's not hard
Love God with all your heart and mind and soul, and
Love your neighbor as yourself.

Get rid of the garbage and grab hold of the gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=httACYMAokw

Sow mercy
Sow grace
Sow kindness
Sow faith
Words are like water, sprinkled with love
You will harvest all your heart's been dreaming of
Sow mercy

God's righteousness is His MERCY!!! Try passing out what He gave freely through Jesus. And refrain from defending mammon that Jesus soundly and roundly condemned.

Matt 6:24
Doesn't sound like there is room for both here---it's one or the other.
Luke 12:33
James 5:1-6
Luke 6:24
James 1:11
Luke 12:15
Ecclesiastes 5:10
Matt 5:42
I John 3:17
Luke 3:11
Acts 2:42-45
Those in Acts are many of the very ones to whom their tongues were lit on fire!!! Why did they sell all they have to give to anyone who needed it. Apparently the tongues part is great, but the giving it all away is simply misunderstood and is unnecessary to show that the Holy Spirit has come upon an individual?

The Rich Have Higher Level of Narcissism, Study Shows | TIME.com

It appears that 2000 years prior to current day psychological studies---Jesus knew what He was talking about!
Interesting Post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity