Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 01:23 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,030,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He is refering to Jews...
And you completely ignored what I wrote....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 01:33 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We all start out spiritually dead in the inherited sin of Adam......whether you think it's fair or not it's what the book says. So if we're "dead" spiritually with only our human spirit in operation how does God reach us for salvation?
I don't believe we're born spiritually dead at in the first place. It's always been my understanding that Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice not only covered my sins but Adam's. What on earth has a newborn baby done that would qualify him for an eternity in hell?

Old 05-27-2017, 03:19 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,173,067 times
Quote:
Where does the book say that we inherited Adam's sin and are spiritually dead?...
Richard.......we start out in the garden......check Genesis 3 where the Lord told Adam if they ate of the tree they would die that DAY........Adam lived to 930 so obviously he didn't die physically that day, but spiritually.

Paul tells us more in Romans...........

Rom 5:12* Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:*

Adam was the corporate head of all of us.......what he failed at was passed to us, and realistically if any two of us were in that garden we would have failed also.

We need to keep in mind here that the "death" spiritually can be thought of as dead in the same way your car battery is said to be "dead" when it won't start the car. It can be revived with POWER from an outside source, and for us that outside power is the Holy Spirit or Jesus working in us when we believe.......

Old 05-27-2017, 03:41 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,485,389 times
Quote:
Unfortunately the Ezekiel verse that you took out of context and co-opted are speaking to the Israelites...

That's right, the verse he quoted has nothing to do with Jews, it is of Ephraim and how he called the Torah a strange thing, instituted pagan feasts, and the only place you can find a similar scripture like this about Judah, is when some of Judah also started being Pagan and so God took them into Babylon.

A New Heart and Spirit
22Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went

The house of Israel has nothing to do with Jews, not even close. The house of Israel is Ephraim who turned to the same pagan days as Christianity but a Christian will quote this and point their finger at Jews while Jews are innocent and the scripture is about Christians doing the same thing as the house of Israel.

Pretty ironic, don't ya think, I mean, how God gets us to judge ourselves.

Old 05-27-2017, 03:46 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,173,067 times
So hopefully everybody has figured out that we truly are born dead spiritually.......but exactly HOW does God get a dead person to come to Him?

We go see Lydia in Acts 16 for the answer...............

Act 16:14 One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul.

So there it is when the Lord sees the inner thoughts of ours wanting a closer walk with Him the Spirit goes to draw us close to God and hear the word.

I can speak about this from my own personal experience. I was in my mid 30's and things were going quite well in my life, lots of fun and fast cars. One morning I woke up and said to myself "I'm going to find the real God" and I set out to do just that. After a roller coaster ride I couldn't believe I ended up in a dear friends office Mar 5, 1980 confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior. It only took me 25 years to find out I'm totally saved by grace and all my sins are gone completely. But had I been asked in those earlier years how did I get saved I believed that it was all ME wanting it. As wrong as you can get. That morning the decision was made to find God, WAS GOD beckoning me through the Spirit.......so subtle He is. So God OPENS OUR HEART AND WE BELIEVE AFTER HEARING THE WORD AND TRUTH of the gospel.......so when you go looking for God He finds you.........and the good news is He accepts you just the way you are right there, warts and all.

I have never looked back and now I'm looking up every day waiting for the Lord to come in the air!

Old 05-27-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:

I have never looked back and now I'm looking up every day waiting for the Lord to come in the air!
Keep looking because that is a sight you will never see.

Don't go out into the desert, don't go to the inner chamber, the coming of the lord is as the lightning that will come to Judah first in the east, and the brilliance of it's coming will be seen all the way to the west in Ephraim, the outer man.

Jesus comes to the inner man, and the brilliance of his coming will be seen all the way to the outer man. When Judah begins to glow in their bodies, it is the second coming.

He comes in the air because the clouds are in the air, and the clouds are his people. He will come in his people.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:19 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
So hopefully everybody has figured out that we truly are born dead spiritually...
Am I being intentionally ignored or is the fact that it looks that way just an oversight?

Old 05-27-2017, 04:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,053,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Keep looking because that is a sight you will never see.

Don't go out into the desert, don't go to the inner chamber, the coming of the lord is as the lightning that will come to Judah first in the east, and the brilliance of it's coming will be seen all the way to the west in Ephraim, the outer man.

Jesus comes to the inner man, and the brilliance of his coming will be seen all the way to the outer man. When Judah begins to glow in their bodies, it is the second coming.

He comes in the air because the clouds are in the air, and the clouds are his people. He will come in his people.

AMEN, yes He will. He will come the same way in which He left, in the glorified flesh of man, only this time in a many-membered body He is not ashamed to call brethren.

The good seed is planted in the world, the world is the man of dust, a cloud is WATER vapor made visible by DUST. The invisible G-d desired visibility, and He desires it again, and He has set His bow (7 spirits of G-d, the fullness) in the cloud. It's nearly time for the fall rains. Peace

Old 05-27-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
AMEN, yes He will. He will come the same way in which He left, in the glorified flesh of man, only this time in a many-membered body He is not ashamed to call brethren.

The good seed is planted in the world, the world is the man of dust, a cloud is WATER vapor made visible by DUST. The invisible G-d desired visibility, and He desires it again, and He has set His bow (7 spirits of G-d, the fullness) in the cloud. It's nearly time for the fall rains. Peace

Proverbs 25:14
Like clouds and wind without rain Is a man who boasts of his gifts falsely.

God's Judgment on the Ungodly
…11Woe to them! They have traveled the path of Cain; they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam; they have perished in Korah’s rebellion. 12These men are the hidden reefs in your love feasts, shamelessly feasting with you but shepherding only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried along by the wind; fruitless trees in autumn, twice dead after being uprooted. 13They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.…

Hebrews
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,

The Lord is My Rock
…10He rode upon a cherub and flew; And He sped upon the wings of the wind. 11He made darkness His hiding place, His canopy around Him, Darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies. 12From the brightness before Him passed His thick clouds, Hailstones and coals of fire.…

1 Kings 8:12
Then Solomon said, "The LORD has said that He would dwell in the thick cloud.

Psalm 97:2
Clouds and thick darkness surround Him; Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne.

Ezekiel 34
The LORD descended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name of the LORD.

Exodus 19:9
The LORD said to Moses, "Behold, I will come to you in a thick cloud,

Revelation
And I looked and saw a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was One like the Son of Man, with a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand.

Feast of Tabernacles~ Revelation
15Then another angel came out of the temple, calling in a loud voice to the One seated on the cloud, “Swing Your sickle and reap, because the time has come to harvest; for the crop of the earth is ripe.”…

There are so many more scriptures about this, and even the Tabernacle design shows it.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,053,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Proverbs 25:14
Like clouds and wind without rain Is a man who boasts of his gifts falsely.

God's Judgment on the Ungodly
…11Woe to them! They have traveled the path of Cain; they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam; they have perished in Korah’s rebellion. 12These men are the hidden reefs in your love feasts, shamelessly feasting with you but shepherding only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried along by the wind; fruitless trees in autumn, twice dead after being uprooted. 13They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.…

Hebrews
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,

The Lord is My Rock
…10He rode upon a cherub and flew; And He sped upon the wings of the wind. 11He made darkness His hiding place, His canopy around Him, Darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies. 12From the brightness before Him passed His thick clouds, Hailstones and coals of fire.…

1 Kings 8:12
Then Solomon said, "The LORD has said that He would dwell in the thick cloud.

Psalm 97:2
Clouds and thick darkness surround Him; Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne.

Ezekiel 34
The LORD descended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name of the LORD.

Exodus 19:9
The LORD said to Moses, "Behold, I will come to you in a thick cloud,

Revelation
And I looked and saw a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was One like the Son of Man, with a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand.

Feast of Tabernacles~ Revelation
15Then another angel came out of the temple, calling in a loud voice to the One seated on the cloud, “Swing Your sickle and reap, because the time has come to harvest; for the crop of the earth is ripe.”…

There are so many more scriptures about this, and even the Tabernacle design shows it.

Yep. He recently, in the last month, opened my eyes to the thick cloud and darkness after a spiritual experience with Him. He is so amazing, the written word is literally becoming alive in us. Father, we give You the praise and the glory for You are worthy. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity