Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 04:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You sure your not a Catholic?

I mean, I used to really speak against the Catholic church until I realized that things were set up the way they are so that everyone could judge themselves.

It doesn't matter whether one speaks of Catholics or the Northern kingdom of Israel, it all happened and things written are to turn you upon yourself. If somebody sees something wrong with the Pharisees and scribes, it turns you to judge yourself in my good opinion.

I would say that where Jews sat 2000 years ago, today Christians sit.

God has played a trick on people to make them judge themselves.

Hasn't He though. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You sure your not a Catholic?

I mean, I used to really speak against the Catholic church until I realized that things were set up the way they are so that everyone could judge themselves.

It doesn't matter whether one speaks of Catholics or the Northern kingdom of Israel, it all happened and things written are to turn you upon yourself. If somebody sees something wrong with the Pharisees and scribes, it turns you to judge yourself in my good opinion.

I would say that where Jews sat 2000 years ago, today Christians sit.

God has played a trick on people to make them judge themselves.

The bible is filled with Gods judgements already. Sharing them does not make that one the judge.
ALL need truth--both sides of it--the good and the bad.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:20 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The bible is filled with Gods judgements already. Sharing them does not make that one the judge.
ALL need truth--both sides of it--the good and the bad.
Do you keep the feasts of Jesus or do you keep the holy days of Christianity?

Old 06-01-2017, 11:13 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,972 times

Col 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.
Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:18 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,068 times
Quote:

A point that is almost never considered. Peace

Old 06-01-2017, 11:27 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
"Sharing" them as if they are undeniably God's judgments rather than very often men's judgments which they ascribed to God to give them authority, makes one just like those men.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:29 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
It does, when you throw the book at them.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It does, when you throw the book at them.
Ba-da-bing!

Too soon...

Old 06-01-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

Col 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.
Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.
Who judges you in feasts or new moons dude?

I certainly don't, I am not going to point my finger if you don't keep all the laws of the Sabbaths or the feasts days. I am not going to be watching to see if you profane the Sabbaths.

What you are talking about and quoting is conversation between two people in Judaism, it doesn't have anything to do with your religion, why would it?

Let those in the Babylonian religion judge you in whether or not you keep the laws of your Sabbaths and feasts, I certainly wouldn't judge somebody in another religion to whether or not they were keeping the feast days of their God wrongly.

I am not going to watch a Muslim to see if his pilgrimage to Mecca is good or bad, and I am not going to tell you about your Babylonian religion.

What has your feasts and your Sabbaths have to do with a conversation in the New Testament written to converts of Judaism who all accepted the Sabbaths and feasts of God?

In the religion of Christ, we aren't to judge Gentile or Jew in whether he keeps all the laws of the Sabbath and 7 feasts, the scripture you quoted has nothing to do with what is done in Babylon, it concerns what is done in Jerusalem.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:55 PM

Salvation for All Nations

1Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
8The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Gentiles have all the right in the world to convert to the ways of God to be included in the covenants of God, but there is only one way to do this, not two.

If a gentile has adopted all the ways of Babylon that teach of the birth and resurrection of Tammuz, why would any of the New Testament pertain to him?

Why would any scripture of Sabbaths and feasts pertain to people in a Babylonian religion?

What does the Passover lamb, unleavened bread, first fruits, Pentecost, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, and Shemini Atzeret have to do with anyone in a different religion that rejects the Sabbaths and feasts of Jesus?

What does the betrothal mean to them?
What does the marriage and consummation appointed as the visitation days of Jesus have to do with people who reject all the feasts of Jesus?

What in the world does the appointed days of Jesus have to do with Christians where the wedding feast is appointed to the brides of Jesus?

What does the appointed day of the bride to give birth from the consummation of the wedding with Jesus and his bride have to do with the people of Babylon who sees these days as sin?

What does the great 8th day of circumcision of the new born child from the consummation of Jesus and his bride have to do with people who find the 7 feasts of Jesus disgusting?

It has nothing to do with Jesus, their rabbits and trees have nothing to do with Jesus, they are not under my judgment as a fellow believer of Christ, and neither will I judge my fellow believer if he doesn't keep all the laws of the Sabbaths and feasts.

Nobody is judging nobody in new moons and feasts.

It's none of my business what people do in Babylon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity