Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 12:23 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times

Advertisements

Good thing I don't believe in sin!! I'd burn in hell fer sure!! LOL!!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:21 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
You'll go blind!!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:34 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,874 times
Let's hope not

Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,797 times
I'm a Christian and I don't think it is a sin. I think it can be if it gets out of perspective. I think even if married couple have different sexual needs in the marriage I think it is all right for one or the other to take care of themselves. I think maybe it keeps them from being tempted out in the world. I think anything if it "controls" you and overtakes your life then it is a sin.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,914 times
I stopped years ago. If its questionable to me and can lead to stray thoughts, then that's all I need to know. I still have lustful thoughts A LOT. Its a constant battle for me. Especially when im stressed out with the wife and stuff. Masterbation would open the door for me personally to want to be single and hook up with women. I'm married so I don't chance it. I haven't quit drinking permanently yet. I still smoke too. I HAVE to nix those things and pray more. I have managed to quit both of them before, and go without lustful thoughts when I prayed way more than I do now. I also felt like it "cheapened" myself.

So I don't do it, or recommend it. I think it displays a lack of self control. I have at least two other vices I haven't overcome. I haven't been strong enough to try hard enough to live the life I want to live. I mess up a lot.

Now if I thought it could prevent me from cheating on my spouse before I went out for a night, then I would do it. But afterward I would realize that I had a problem and would need to address it rather than use a bandaid fix.

Last edited by the_pines; 06-24-2008 at 02:01 AM..

Old 06-24-2008, 08:08 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedByTheGrace View Post
is masturbation a sin?

what do you guys think? any input will be appreciated.
Masturbation is an unclean habit, can surely lead to fornication or adultery, and therefore should be avoided. It can also cause a person to harbor feelings of resentment towards their mate and sexual greed. However, in itself, it is not a sin.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
For Christian's it helps to know that a man's crazy sex drive has more to do with testosterone levels than a 'spirit of lust' like some in Christianity maintain as the root of the problem. It is true that your spiritual character can enable you to override the cravings, no argument there.

It's just weird to fight a 'moral' battle for years and years and then your testosterone level drops and suddenly your sexually 'sinless'! Don't need it don't want it.

In any case - it does it's job as we are approaching 7 billion people here in spite of wars and natural disasters and the like

blessings,
- Byron

Old 06-25-2008, 01:10 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
I stopped years ago. If its questionable to me and can lead to stray thoughts, then that's all I need to know. I still have lustful thoughts A LOT. Its a constant battle for me. Especially when im stressed out with the wife and stuff. Masterbation would open the door for me personally to want to be single and hook up with women. I'm married so I don't chance it. I haven't quit drinking permanently yet. I still smoke too. I HAVE to nix those things and pray more. I have managed to quit both of them before, and go without lustful thoughts when I prayed way more than I do now. I also felt like it "cheapened" myself.

So I don't do it, or recommend it. I think it displays a lack of self control. I have at least two other vices I haven't overcome. I haven't been strong enough to try hard enough to live the life I want to live. I mess up a lot.

Now if I thought it could prevent me from cheating on my spouse before I went out for a night, then I would do it. But afterward I would realize that I had a problem and would need to address it rather than use a bandaid fix.
I'm glad this is the first post I ran across cause I can relate to it. I haven't been on this board in several months, and a whole bunch has changed. Your first paragraph sounds like something I would have said. Oh and the other difference is I'm female so substitute men for women. And not married.

Good for you for being so honest about it. We all have faults and vices whether we admit them or not.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:18 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
This is reminding me of my favorite Seinfeld episode.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 PM

793 posts, read 2,214,107 times
It has been shown even children, even some as young as 18 months masturbate. I doubt their mind are filled with sexual thoughts. Maybe Doctors say it is a good thing as it releaves tension, but should not be initiated. Just teach the kid to do it privately if they do it this young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity