Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 04:18 PM

33,252 posts, read 26,470,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
We are all sons or daughters of adam and eve.

By hearing, the very seed that was planted within us and wonderfully made only sleeps till he is awakened.
So many members, yet do you know a waterer that would boast to the seed?
And yet, Jews are clearly differentiated from Gentles in the Bible. As I said, you can't refute the fact that the Ninevites were Gentiles. I think we're done with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 04:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And yet, Jews are clearly differentiated from Gentles in the Bible. As I said, you can't refute the fact that the Ninevites were Gentiles. I think we're done with this.

No, you may well learn one day, about hospitality.

Till then, perhaps you will learn about the Lord of Host and his angels.
…26Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27And He will send out the angels to gather His elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.

A geographic visual, this link may help.
Ur of the Chaldees (Bible History Online)

Vain genealogies
Matthew 3King James Version (KJV)

3 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

1 Timothy 1:4
or devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculation rather than the stewardship of God's work, which is by faith.

Last edited by pinacled; 06-27-2017 at 05:23 PM..

Old 06-27-2017, 08:41 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
He updated the instructions just before his death, so they knew the work was to include Gentiles
Matthew 28:19-20 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: {teach...: or, make disciples, or, Christians of all nations} 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Nope, much earlier as Peter was sent to Cornelius a Roman after God made it clear to him the old law was done.
cts 10:9-14 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: 10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. A
cts 10:15-16 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
NAS Acts 10:15 And again a voice came to him a second time, (a)"What God has cleansed, no longer consider (1)unholy."
NIV Acts 10:15 The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.
True, Jesus gave the Jews first choice - Luke 4:43, but agree that did Not mean exclusively the Jews.
After the Jews, the Samaritans were included, then the gentile people of the nations followed.
This is all in harmony with the international proclaiming about the good news message about God's kingdom government coming to govern over Earth just as Jesus said at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:50 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
First, please define for me what a gentile is?
I'll take the liberty to say besides being a Jew, or a Samaritan, the people of the nations are gentiles.
The people who lived and died before Jesus can be covered by Jesus' ransom - John 3:13; Matthew 20:28.
They can become part of the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus' promised at Matthew 5:5.
That is because Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of ' healing' for earth's nations.
- Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18; Revelation 22:2.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I'll take the liberty to say besides being a Jew, or a Samaritan, the people of the nations are gentiles.
The people who lived and died before Jesus can be covered by Jesus' ransom - John 3:13; Matthew 20:28.
They can become part of the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus' promised at Matthew 5:5.
That is because Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of ' healing' for earth's nations.
- Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18; Revelation 22:2.
Every seed after its kind.

I once heard, "wild or natural, an olive is an olive."

What do you think is being gathered to be grafted in?
Fig branches to be grafted to an olive tree.

hmmm.
I would advise ignoring the doctrines of men.
And I would advise reading from a hebrew to english tanakh.
Giving a portion

Devarim
a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, you will lack nothing in it, a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose mountains you will hew copper.

Michah
Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion, for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hooves copper; and you shall crush many nations, and you shall devote their plunder to the Lord, and their wealth to the Lord of all the earth.

Our Comforter

1 A song for ascents. I shall raise my eyes to the mountains, from where will my help come? אשִׁיר לַמַּעֲלוֹת אֶשָּׂא עֵינַי אֶל הֶהָרִים מֵאַיִן יָבֹא עֶזְרִי:
2 My help is from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. בעֶזְרִי מֵעִם יְהֹוָה עֹשֵׂה שָׁמַיִם וָאָרֶץ:
3 He will not allow your foot to falter; Your Guardian will not slumber. גאַל יִתֵּן לַמּוֹט רַגְלֶךָ אַל יָנוּם שֹׁמְרֶךָ:
4 Behold the Guardian of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. דהִנֵּה לֹא יָנוּם וְלֹא יִישָׁן שׁוֹמֵר יִשְׂרָאֵל:
5 The Lord is your Guardian; the Lord is your shadow; [He is] by your right hand. היְהֹוָה שֹׁמְרֶךָ יְהֹוָה צִלְּךָ עַל יַד יְמִינֶךָ:
6 By day, the sun will not smite you, nor will the moon at night. ויוֹמָם הַשֶּׁמֶשׁ לֹא יַכֶּכָּה וְיָרֵחַ בַּלָּיְלָה:
7 The Lord will guard you from all evil; He will guard your soul. זיְהֹוָה יִשְׁמָרְךָ מִכָּל רָע יִשְׁמֹר אֶת נַפְשֶׁךָ:
8 The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from now and to eternity. חיְהֹוָה יִשְׁמָר צֵאתְךָ וּבוֹאֶךָ מֵעַתָּה וְעַד עוֹלָם:

Last edited by pinacled; 06-28-2017 at 02:26 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Bamidbar(Numbers)26

Reuben
Simeon
Gad
Judah
Issachar
Zebulun

Ephraim
Manasseh
Benjamin
Dan
Asher
Naphtali

Inheritance?

What are the Levites doing for Joseph?

29 Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. 30 Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. 31 The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.

32 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.”

33 His disciples answered, “Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?”

34 “How many loaves do you have?” Jesus asked.

“Seven,” they replied, “and a few small fish.”

35 He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. 36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. 37 They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 38 The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children. 39 After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan.

I wonder about this pouring of water.
1000 units each like a multitude of waters.

<> And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.

<> Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

<> Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

() Dan, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Asher.

() Asher, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Naphtali.

()Naphtali, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Manasseh.

()Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim.

()Ephraim, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Reuben.

()Reuben, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Judah.

()Judah, from the east side unto the west side, shall be the offering which ye shall offer of five and twenty thousand reeds in breadth, and in length as one of the other parts, from the east side unto the west side: and the sanctuary shall be in the midst of it.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:37 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
True, Jesus gave the Jews first choice - Luke 4:43, but agree that did Not mean exclusively the Jews.
After the Jews, the Samaritans were included, then the gentile people of the nations followed.
This is all in harmony with the international proclaiming about the good news message about God's kingdom government coming to govern over Earth just as Jesus said at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
No, he didn't give them first choice...

Old 06-29-2017, 02:59 AM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
29 Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. 30 Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. 31 The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.

32 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.”

33 His disciples answered, “Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?”

34 “How many loaves do you have?” Jesus asked.

“Seven,” they replied, “and a few small fish.”

35 He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. 36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. 37 They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 38 The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children. 39 After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan.

I wonder about this pouring of water.
1000 units each like a multitude of waters.

<> And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.

<> Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

<> Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

() Dan, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Asher.

() Asher, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Naphtali.

()Naphtali, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Manasseh.

()Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim.

()Ephraim, from the east side even unto the west side, a portion for Reuben.

()Reuben, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Judah.

()Judah, from the east side unto the west side, shall be the offering which ye shall offer of five and twenty thousand reeds in breadth, and in length as one of the other parts, from the east side unto the west side: and the sanctuary shall be in the midst of it.

That water poured out of the temple already once.

When you believe in Jesus, a river of life runs through your heart and out of your mouth and the water has a mind of it's own to bless or to curse. The water will go to other waters in lakes, in ponds, in rivers and seas, and wherever the water goes, an abundance of life springs up in the waters, and whatever the water has a mind to do, it does. It enters into the waters of man and curses where it will curse and bless where it will bless.

Everything about Ezekiel's temple is that it is an expanding temple and that water is expanding to the whole world and it comes from the temple.

Ezekiel's temple is the spiritual temple being built right now.

The water is going to pour again in a big way.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Bamidbar(Numbers)26

Reuben
Simeon
Gad
Judah
Issachar
Zebulun

Ephraim
Manasseh
Benjamin
Dan
Asher
Naphtali

Inheritance?

What are the Levites doing for Joseph?
A man in a vessel such as zebulum just might witness the Lord walking on water.
Such a bridge that Moshe spoke of.

All that thirst

Old 06-29-2017, 05:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
A man in a vessel such as zebulum just might witness the Lord walking on water.
Such a bridge that Moshe spoke of.

All that thirst

In a certain point, anyone can witness the Lord walking on water. A Spirit breathed word by which we have life, but that is contrary to what APPEARS to be the letter; walking in such is walking upon the waters of the judgment to the flesh, the waters below the firmament, the waters of the letter. Once overcome and the heart motive cleansed, the waters below are as mountains of elemental things, melted and condensed by the fire of walking it out, into solid stone/mountains to skip on as a hart.

Just as death couldn't hold Him down under the waters because there was no sin to give death it's legal right to Him, so too is "blessed is the one to whom the Lord imputes no sin" (because such a one has been set free of the law of sin and death). Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity