Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2017, 04:42 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Without the Bible, you would know little about God and nothing about Jesus.

And if we knew nothing of either would we still go to heaven?

Old 07-30-2017, 06:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Funny how those JEWISH men of the NT ALL spoke things about or out of Moses and the prophets, isn't it? Peace
It's a nattural thing to do. Jesus Christ taught us to believe HIM His Father said listen to HIM. Not once do we read in the scriptures to be a bible believer, bible minded or that anything is dependent upon it. Stop being offended because there are believers who believe Jesus and listen to him while at the same time do not believe the bible is inerrant or infallible and dictated to man by God.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Name one thing you would know about Jesus, without the Bible?
I will if you tell me how Noah, Eli, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did. I am sure you have heard many testimonies too where Jesus Christ appeared to people in countries where the gospel is not preached. The good news that God is not sat at home holding your sin against you until you come grovelling back to him, that he never was and never will, so come home, your Father is waiting for you, to lift that self condemnation you live under, and to you who are held under condemnation of the teaching of fundamentalism, you too come home, you will be alright I promise you once you make that first step of walking home to your Heavenly Father.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
And if we knew nothing of either would we still go to heaven?

Yes.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:45 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No, healthcare officials ARE cracking down on prescription opioid medicine because it is killing 91 people per day from overdoses.

You got any information about how many people die from marijuana from overdoses? I can't find any. Yes there are some that get high and wreck their cars--but I've provided information showing drunk driving causes far more accidents. And distracted driving like using phones and eating causes even more. Are you proposing prohibition and banning food in vehicles?Here Are All The People Who Have Died From A Marijuana Overdose | HuffPost
How about opioid use?
https://www.asam.org/docs/default-so...ts-figures.pdf
Most often people are getting into heroin because it is CHEAPER than prescription opioids. Never underestimate the ability of a drug company to make a living on other people dying.

Just showing how hypocritical your "religious" stance really is.
It is not hypocritical at all. Why do you pretend I somehow favor people dying from OD? Your argument that pot should be legal because people die of other things is 100% void of any logic.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-30-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 07-30-2017, 07:48 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I have asked this question many times and no one has been able offer an answer.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:51 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Nobody can really judge what happens after they die, but heaven is not a box, heaven is in 3 sections and where it is said,'' Idolaters, liars, the sexual immoral cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven,'' this is speaking of the higher zoe kingdom of the Temple's holy of holies.

Those liars, the sexual immoral, the pagans, and dogs are shown still alive, still there after the kingdom comes. Jesus said you can speak against him, and you can choose not to keep the laws and teach others not to keep the laws and still be in the kingdom of heaven.

A person who is against the law is a liar, an adulterer, and they are all sent to the outer court of gentiles where there is still salvation but if they cannot enter the temple proper in heaven, then they can never reach the Zoe kingdom of heaven, they stand outside the temple, outside the city, outside the higher Zoe kingdom.

A person who knows nothing is the same as a Christian who teaches against the laws of Moses.

They will never enter the city because Gentiles will never set foot in the city.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:52 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I will if you tell me how Noah, Eli, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did. I am sure you have heard many testimonies too where Jesus Christ appeared to people in countries where the gospel is not preached. The good news that God is not sat at home holding your sin against you until you come grovelling back to him, that he never was and never will, so come home, your Father is waiting for you, to lift that self condemnation you live under, and to you who are held under condemnation of the teaching of fundamentalism, you too come home, you will be alright I promise you once you make that first step of walking home to your Heavenly Father.

Jimmie, aren't you the person who says that everything in the bible, from the Old Testament to the New, is about Jesus? So, if that is true, then how did the Old Testament patriarchs and prophets know about Jesus without the bible to tell them?

Old 07-30-2017, 07:58 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You better start re-reading Scripture. Most of that reference to "Moses" of the OT found in the new--is about the NEW Moses---Jesus. That was part of the reason for the story line about Herod killing the newborn babes--a reference to the final plague in Egypt. It was also why Jesus had to be taken to Egypt for there is no verse in the OT that speaks of JESUS coming from Egypt. In Hosea it speaks of ISRAEL as God's son coming from Egypt. The author of Matthew REINTERPRETED the OT to fit the NEW Israel--Jesus who came not just for Jews, but for all men.

Paul spent a lot of energy reinterpreting the OT to render it no longer about Israel but about Jesus.

That's what a little scholarly study can do for one who sees only the surface of the "Word."

And anyone who doesn't see only the surface of the Word, knows that He had to come out of Egypt just as it was prophesied in TYPE AND SHADOW, because Egypt is a type of the flesh, and Israel a type of the Son. That's what happens when the SPIRIT writes what is written, it lines up with the SPIRIT'S agenda and principles, not man's. Better go study some more, this time take the Spirit with you. Peace

Old 07-30-2017, 07:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's a nattural thing to do. Jesus Christ taught us to believe HIM His Father said listen to HIM. Not once do we read in the scriptures to be a bible believer, bible minded or that anything is dependent upon it. Stop being offended because there are believers who believe Jesus and listen to him while at the same time do not believe the bible is inerrant or infallible and dictated to man by God.

Stop being offended by those that do. You call us fundies. Let's see now; what should we call you? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity