Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 10:57 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Nor did Jesus condemn the adulterous woman, but He did tell her to go and sin no more. Bottom line: homosexuality is a sin that requires repentance, along with all other sin. You can try to normalize it all you want, but Jesus will not accept it.
And STILL no indication of harm done to ANYone by a same-sex committed relationship to justify designating it as sin.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:08 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And STILL no indication of harm done to ANYone by a same-sex committed relationship to justify designating it as sin.
You are NOT God and it isn't your place to determine if it's harmful or not. Simply put, Jesus does not accept homosexuality; the Scriptures bear that out.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:12 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,564,763 times
Quote:
You are NOT God and it isn't your place to determine if it's harmful or not. Simply put, Jesus does not accept homosexuality; the Scriptures bear that out.
Except they don't bear that out.
There are only the literal words, and not one of them says anything about "accepting" or not. The word is not used. You are not God so don't presume to be by putting your words in place of the literal words. If there is a place in the Bible where Jesus says he "does not accept" homosexuality - then quote it. Otherwise, stop paraphrasing and putting in YOUR own take on it.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Except they don't bear that out.
There are only the literal words, and not one of them says anything about "accepting" or not. The word is not used. You are not God so don't presume to be by putting your words in place of the literal words. If there is a place in the Bible where Jesus says he "does not accept" homosexuality - then quote it. Otherwise, stop paraphrasing and putting in YOUR own take on it.
It's ALL there, but you're too deaf and blind to see it because of your own lusts.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:36 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
It's ALL there, but you're too deaf and blind to see it because of your own lusts.
You read into the verses what you want them to mean to justify your fear and loathing.

You're easier to read than a grade school primer.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:40 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Quote:

That's usually the case. Peace

Old 08-07-2017, 09:59 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I sure hope that you use that Mark 10 passage to condemn all those divorced folks who sit in your church pews every week, scgraham! But, I'll bet that you don't ...do you? Why not? Why would you use that passage of scripture (an old ploy by the 'anti-gay fundies') to target gay people but not those to whom it ACTUALLY applies?

Glaring double standards and hypocrisy at work yet again. I don't know about others but I really can't take you guys seriously . . .
Quote:
You know deep down that you're being deceitful just to satisfy your desires.
Oh yeah ...my deceit knows no bounds. And, I'm like a dog on heat and can barely contain my desires . . .

In actuality my typical lifestyle would probably qualify me to join a monastery. But why am I telling you this ...? You don't know me and I don't know you. We're simply words on a computer screen.

Quote:
Truth is, Jesus was compassionate to the outcasts, which homosexuals would have been during those days, but Jesus NEVER acknowledged the homosexual community as being legitimate nor did He ever rebuke the Pharisees over their definition of marriage -- one man and one woman.
What was this 'homosexual community' to which you refer that Jesus NEVER acknowledged as being legitimate? You just made that up, of course. So, back to the question I asked of you. Do you use that Mark 10 passage to condemn all those divorced folks who sit in countless church pews every week? They BY FAR outnumber any gay people who might occupy the pews. If not, then why not? Please answer the question without any additional padding. If you don't have an answer then your hypocrisy and double standards will become evident to all. The same is true with Rbbi1 who has been ignoring me ever since I called her out on a particular issue.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
That's usually the case. Peace
Oh, there you are ... "speak of the devil and s/he doth appear" . . .

Old 08-07-2017, 10:07 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
All that is borne out is that YOU don't accept people who are different from you and you have NO valid reason, That's known as prejudice.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
All that is borne out is that YOU don't accept people who are different from you and you have NO valid reason, That's known as prejudice.
That's pretty much it, plain and simple. Folks such as scgraham only use the Bible to discriminate against people THEY personally don't like. If the Bible really meant anything to them they would not use it in such a manner. They use it only as a weapon for which, of course, it was NEVER intended. Such folks should be banned from carrying a Bible until they learn how to use it correctly. Even then they should not require directions from a book as to how to treat those who are different from themselves or those who hold beliefs that differ from their own with respect. I've noticed that scgraham is sadly wanting in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.