Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 05:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
NO one is trying to force "non-Christian beliefs" but I DO have to admit to trying to get them to THINK, which many seem to regard as non-Christian.

Not at all. I try to get YOU to THINK on a daily basis, but you just won't take those dark glasses off so you can actually read what was written, I guess. Peace

Old 08-03-2017, 05:53 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You know that how, exactly? Acts tells a very different story.
The same way you erroneously believe Paul is greater than the disciples and equal to Christ..

Who wrote ACTS? Before you say LUKE, show me the ORIGINAL manuscripts...

Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Actually, just the opposite is true. I hear from lots that don't want to post because of the handful trying to force non-Christian beliefs down THEIR throats. Present company included. Peace
You have no idea, you are relatively a newcomer on here. Do you think only fundies message between themselves?. Since when has rejecting bible fundamentalist been forcing non Christian beliefs down another's throat ?

Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You have no idea, you are relatively a newcomer on here. Do you think only fundies message between themselves?. Since when has rejecting bible fundamentalist been forcing non Christian beliefs down another's throat ?

That might be, I really don't care. I can only speak from my own experience of being on here 1.5 years now. I only brought it up because of your assumption.

When they don't line up in a COHESIVE whole, and you continually derail conversations with the same, near robotic replies, demanding the same answers we've given dozens of times, for one. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-03-2017 at 07:16 PM..

Old 08-03-2017, 06:53 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
I am hetrosexual and I am athiets.

either way, nobody died, woke up, and flew away. "literally".

Old 08-03-2017, 07:21 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Rbbi1, are you intentionally ignoring what I've previously asked of you? You're still participating in this thread so it isn't as if you've moved on. You mentioned (post 253) posts of yours from a different thread which would, as you claim, "clear up a misunderstanding" of mine about the term 'sodomite'. Any chance you could do just that?

Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
That might be, I really don't care. I can only speak from my own experience of being on here 1.5 years now. I only brought it up because of your assumption.

When they don't line up in a COHESIVE whole, and you continually derail conversations with the same, near robotic replies, demanding the same answers we've given dozens of times, for one. Peace
That is why you are continually pressed to answer questions you clearly have not . The biggest one being your refusal to answer what are the characteristics of the holy spirit. There are only a certain amount of ways to try and get you to answer aquestion, so of cause it may sound robotic. So you can quit with trying to make out i am the one making assumptions.

What assumption is that ?. The assumption was made by Baptist Viz, who said folk of like minded to him were leaving the forum because of those on hear forcing their beliefs down their throats, you agreed with him, i pointed out there are many who reject your version of christianity that have left this forum too.

Now can you give 1 example of having something forced down your throat?. I thought not.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So if you could share the exact words Jesus spoke that said we are all sinners coming up short of God's glory I would be satisfied.
Jesus mission on Earth was to save all sinners:Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Also Jesus is God: John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.”

John 8:58: Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus never corrected a disciple when he called him God: Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28).

Even the great men of the bible did sin such as David, Abraham, Moses, Solomon and Samson. However only Jesus was the only person without sin.

Even if one reads the old testament, a lot of scripture does point to Jesus Christ:
As you read through God's Word, see how it points you to Jesus:

Christ is the Seed of woman and in Genesis 3:15 we are told He will one day crush Satan.
In Exodus we find the story of the Passover Lamb, and Christ is the sacrificial Lamb given for us.
In Leviticus we read of the high priests making sacrifices for the people, and Christ has become our High Priest, making the perfect sacrifice to atone for our sins.
In Deuteronomy Moses prophesied of a prophet who would come that would be greater than Himself. Jesus is that Great Prophet.
In the book of Joshua, Joshua met the Captain of the Lord's host. That man is Jesus Christ.
In Judges, the leaders were judges who delivered God's people, each of them typifying the Lord Jesus.
Boaz, the kinsman who redeemed Ruth's inheritance, is a picture of Christ.
David, the anointed one, pictures Jesus and Jesus is described as being the Son of David.
In 2 Samuel when the king is being enthroned, the entire scene is descriptive of the Lord Jesus.
The books of Kings speak of the glory of God filling the temple and the Chronicles describe the glorious coming king, both referring to Jesus, the King of Kings.
Ezra depicts Jesus as the Lord of our fathers.
Job says clearly that the Redeemer is coming!
Esther offers a picture of Christ interceding for His people.
Christ appears time after time in the Psalms, including when David describes Him as "the Shepherd."
Isaiah details His glorious birth.
Jeremiah reveals that He will be acquainted with sorrows.
Joel describes Him as the Hope of His people.
Amos tells us that Jesus is the judge of all nations.
Obadiah warns of the coming eternal kingdom.
Jonah offers a picture of Jesus being dead for three days, then coming back to life to preach repentance.
Zephaniah says that He will be the king over Israel.
Zachariah is the prophet who speaks of Jesus riding on a colt.
Malachi is the one who calls Him the Son of Righteousness.
Jesus in Every Book of the Old Testament

Old 08-03-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Jesus mission on Earth was to save all sinners:Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Also Jesus is God: John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.”

John 8:58: Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus never corrected a disciple when he called him God: Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28).

Even the great men of the bible did sin such as David, Abraham, Moses, Solomon and Samson. However only Jesus was the only person without sin.

Even if one reads the old testament, a lot of scripture does point to Jesus Christ:
As you read through God's Word, see how it points you to Jesus:

Christ is the Seed of woman and in Genesis 3:15 we are told He will one day crush Satan.
In Exodus we find the story of the Passover Lamb, and Christ is the sacrificial Lamb given for us.
In Leviticus we read of the high priests making sacrifices for the people, and Christ has become our High Priest, making the perfect sacrifice to atone for our sins.
In Deuteronomy Moses prophesied of a prophet who would come that would be greater than Himself. Jesus is that Great Prophet.
In the book of Joshua, Joshua met the Captain of the Lord's host. That man is Jesus Christ.
In Judges, the leaders were judges who delivered God's people, each of them typifying the Lord Jesus.
Boaz, the kinsman who redeemed Ruth's inheritance, is a picture of Christ.
David, the anointed one, pictures Jesus and Jesus is described as being the Son of David.
In 2 Samuel when the king is being enthroned, the entire scene is descriptive of the Lord Jesus.
The books of Kings speak of the glory of God filling the temple and the Chronicles describe the glorious coming king, both referring to Jesus, the King of Kings.
Ezra depicts Jesus as the Lord of our fathers.
Job says clearly that the Redeemer is coming!
Esther offers a picture of Christ interceding for His people.
Christ appears time after time in the Psalms, including when David describes Him as "the Shepherd."
Isaiah details His glorious birth.
Jeremiah reveals that He will be acquainted with sorrows.
Joel describes Him as the Hope of His people.
Amos tells us that Jesus is the judge of all nations.
Obadiah warns of the coming eternal kingdom.
Jonah offers a picture of Jesus being dead for three days, then coming back to life to preach repentance.
Zephaniah says that He will be the king over Israel.
Zachariah is the prophet who speaks of Jesus riding on a colt.
Malachi is the one who calls Him the Son of Righteousness.
Jesus in Every Book of the Old Testament
The above is nice, other99, but you're still evading the question asked of you. You also seem to be of the mindset that being gay, or bi, is a sin that requires repentance. Is this so?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28
Is there a quote or verse where Jesus said we are all sinners and come up short in relationship to the glory of God? Romans 3:23 are the words of a mortal, not from the mouth of Christ nor God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why would you think that the words of Paul are less inspired than Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John? None of them contain hand-written notes from Jesus.
Yes, that is true. They ARE all accounts written by humans. For me, however, the actual 'Gospel' of Jesus IS found within the Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John whereas all the writings of Paul are simply 'add ons'. We REALLY don't need Paul. BEFORE Paul came into the picture Jesus (purportedly) said that the good news of salvation for humankind be preached to the entire world. This meant that the cause behind the message had already been accomplished. Anything after that was, basically, 'fluff'. But, you are correct ...all of the Bible content was written neither by God nor Jesus but by men. I guess it's left up to us to personally determine what is inspired, what is not inspired, or whether ANY of it is inspired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity