Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 04:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Have I said it's offensive? No.

Do I find it interesting that you and others here have told me what I think several times, and you accuse me of being someone else? Yes.

I can honestly see why someone would decide to just stop posting here. With people like you acting as you do, it's entirely understandable.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:37 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,244,899 times
Quote:
The point I'm making is that people that are bashing the Bible are awful quick to say that Paul was not inspired, or that certain passages are less inspired, while the fact is, they're all on the same level. Either they're inspired, or they're not.
Why would anyone think Paul is less inspired? It is not as if he just walked down a road and ANOINTED himself...ohh snap..that is exactly what he did...

Old 08-03-2017, 04:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,040,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why would anyone think Paul is less inspired? It is not as if he just walked down a road and ANOINTED himself...ohh snap..that is exactly what he did...
You know that how, exactly? Acts tells a very different story.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:29 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Is it offensive to you that I say "many" does not constitute a mere handful? Peace
There are many on here that reject what you believe too and better still do not recognize you has some sort of authority on the scriptures. Sorry to break that news to you. It really is not what you believe, it's the lens you view God, mankind and the scriptures from that creates your beliefs that needs fixing. You see a bi sexual God sees himself in the bi sexual. Hope this helps.xx

Old 08-03-2017, 05:43 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Have I said it's offensive? No.

Do I find it interesting that you and others here have told me what I think several times, and you accuse me of being someone else? Yes.

I can honestly see why someone would decide to just stop posting here. With people like you acting as you do, it's entirely understandable.
We know what you are thinking by what you are posting, then you get all upset because disagree with what you are thinking. There is no reason to defer to me, everyone reading your posts are reading your thoughts. I repeat no one is bashing the scriptures, they are rejecting your understanding of them. I can understand why a lot of folk on here do not post too, they are sick to the teeth of the burdensome teaching of bible fundamentalists and their attemps to force it down their throats.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There are many on here that reject what you believe too and better still do not recognize you has some sort of authority on the scriptures. Sorry to break that news to you. It really is not what you believe, it's the lens you view God, mankind and the scriptures from that creates your beliefs that needs fixing. You see a bi sexual God sees himself in the bi sexual. Hope this helps.xx

Why you are so worried about me having any authority in the first place, is a mystery to me. Sounds like a personal problem to me. Peace

Old 08-03-2017, 05:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We know what you are thinking by what you are posting, then you get all upset because disagree with what you are thinking. There is no reason to defer to me, everyone reading your posts are reading your thoughts. I repeat no one is bashing the scriptures, they are rejecting your understanding of them. I can understand why a lot of folk on here do not post too, they are sick to the teeth of the burdensome teaching of bible fundamentalists and their attemps to force it down their throats.

Actually, just the opposite is true. I hear from lots that don't want to post because of the handful trying to force non-Christian beliefs down THEIR throats. Present company included. Peace

Old 08-03-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Actually, just the opposite is true. I hear from lots that don't want to post because of the handful trying to force non-Christian beliefs down THEIR throats. Present company included. Peace
I feel the same way..hopefully one day the fundamentalists will recognize the err of what they have been told to believe.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
NO one is trying to force "non-Christian beliefs" but I DO have to admit to trying to get them to THINK, which many seem to regard as non-Christian.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Why you are so worried about me having any authority in the first place, is a mystery to me. Sounds like a personal problem to me. Peace
Insults, because that is what Jesus taught us to do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity