Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 12:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say:
'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the Kingdom of God is in your midst.

A greater understanding of God will purify your heart, reach within; and you may find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I believe this, too.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
If you don't find it in yourself, you won't see it in others.

(Filling-in for Pcamps)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,061 times
No man can see G-d and live (unto his own ways anymore). Sure sign they've seen G-d is when they've started dying to self. All men seek after their own ways, and not the ways which be of Christ. Peace

Old 08-12-2017, 12:31 PM

465 posts, read 236,459 times
Quote:
originally posted by omega2xx she was wrong about all 4 of her beliefs.

Revelation is clearly about the end of the world. The new heaven and earth and the great whit throne judgment say that it is. Also the battle of armageddon and the marriage of the lamb point to the future.

666 is not taught as the number of satan, it is clearly the number of the beast and the beast is a man, probably the false prophet(rev 13:18).

John is the most logical author of revelation and he was certainly a christian. God would not give this information to a non-christian.

There is only one book of revelation inspired by god.
Quote:
Jerwade: the kingdom of god is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say:
'look, here it is!' or, 'there it is!' for behold, the kingdom of god is in your midst.

a greater understanding of god will purify your heart, reach within; and you may find it.
Quote:
pieroo: I believe this, too.
Quote:
Jerwade: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
If you don't find it in yourself, you won't see it in others.

(Filling-in for Pcamps)
Neither one of you who is still one have written one single which is even worth looking at other than to be another example of how simple-minded your booths are.

Right along with your most beholden 'accomplices' to have to act as the best one to speak of those truths found in scriptures to you believe in only yourself, false altar.

The host nations of white people as all those other lands that must continue to combat poverty, sickness and despair, as the most regular things they trust to altars.

That if people pray enough that eventually the truth will be found out as to who has a real economic reason they would not want most of the people to have way more.

Jesus did say that the present system he had to put up with still resides on the same Earth he came to his own footstool called man to retrieve from evil loves wars.

All the economy is a false set of preambles as in those who have the most must maintain that same standard of living they still have plus try to siphon off everyone less.

Jesus said they have the poor always as before just because that is the way to maintain political as well as economic control that 'religion' is used to create slaves.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,508,871 times
Quote:
I don't know what happens after we die.
Not true ... you reject what happens according to what Jesus taught because then you do know.
It is because of that reason for one of the premises of this OP.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:11 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not true ... you reject what happens according to what Jesus taught because then you do know.
I have never died, therefore I do not know (have no personal testimony of) what happens when we die. I know that some people think Jesus taught eternal torment. I disagree. Even when I believed the bible was inerrant, I came to know that eternal torment was illogical and that the bible supported other beliefs about the afterlife just as well, and probably better, than the doctrine of eternal torment.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No man can see G-d and live (unto his own ways anymore). Sure sign they've seen G-d is when they've started dying to self. All men seek after their own ways, and not the ways which be of Christ. Peace
You speak as a Pharisee, whose love has grown cold.
Perhaps, it is you who needs to die to itself?

Old 08-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I have never died, therefore I do not know (have no personal testimony of) what happens when we die. I know that some people think Jesus taught eternal torment. I disagree. Even when I believed the bible was inerrant, I came to know that eternal torment was illogical and that the bible supported other beliefs about the afterlife just as well, and probably better, than the doctrine of eternal torment.
That is an excuse: I have never died, therefore I do not know what happens when we die..
The fact is you do know and admit so but you reject what Jesus taught and what Scriptures teach.

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-12-2017 at 01:38 PM..

Old 08-12-2017, 01:38 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Quote:
That is an excuse: I have never died, therefore I do not know .
The fact is you do and admit so but you reject what Jesus taught and what Scriptures teach.
Well, we could go round and round I guess. I do not know what happens when we die, no matter how many times anyone says I do.

I BELIEVE that the existence of the God who is love assures that whatever happens will be for the ultimate good of all people. I know from experience that even when one believes the bible to be inerrant, they can understand it to be saying that same thing, and that many things in the bible negate the possibility of the doctrine of eternal torment being true.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
That is an excuse: I have never died, therefore I do not know what happens when we die..
The fact is you do know and admit so but you reject what Jesus taught and what Scriptures teach.
It doesn't teach that of Eternal Punishment or Torment, period.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Well, we could go round and round I guess. I do not know what happens when we die, no matter how many times anyone says I do.

I BELIEVE that the existence of the God who is love assures that whatever happens will be for the ultimate good of all people. I know from experience that even when one believes the bible to be inerrant, they can understand it to be saying that same thing, and that many things in the bible negate the possibility of the doctrine of eternal torment being true.
So once again ... it's not that you don't know, you just prefer a counterfeit scenario over what Jesus taught and Scriptures teach.

You're going to lose the battle of arrogance by siding with those who negate the truth ... Jesus knew what he was talking about as Scriptures teach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity