Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 11:21 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Very clear post in it's entirety.
And to all?
It doesn't mean we love God any less than you all,
because we are using our brains to see
the inconsistencies in the Bible, clearly man's altering of it...actually we love Him more!
I can't give reps for 24 hrs again. I give too many everyday.

OH! just saw your post #265 comparing Ps 145...Brava!

Re: patience and 'tumbling'? I've had it...even one post with ridiculousness immediately goes on my Ignore List.
I am done with the nonsense (and said as fact, no less).
Oh, if only people would stop putting these posts in quote boxes.
I'm spending less time around these parts.

Thanks sis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 06:48 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
No one and I mean no one has their heart set on lies rbbi. Everyone believes what they believe, not because they set their heart on believing it but because "other factors" have caused them to believe what they do.
I was raised to believe the bible was 100% the inerrant, infallible, unadulterated word of God, however just reading the bible I noticed many things that conflicted with each other such as the eye for an eye and Jesus saying not to do that. So I started to study the bible, not the words in the bible but how the bible was put together and I noticed all the different canon and how that canon changed over time and I realized that if the bible was 100% the inerrant, infallible, unadulterated word of God then the canon should never have been changed , added to or taken away or fought over which books to add and which books not to add to the canon. Thus if the canon was indeed inspired by God NONE of these things should have happened. Hence man simply added books they believed were inspired by God and rejected books they did not believe inspired by God. They did not do this because their heart was set on lies they did this because of "other factors" such as THEIR criteria for why one book was accepted and one book was rejected. That they had a criteria in and of itself should tell people it was not God that inspired the canon but THEIR own criteria that inspired the canon.

Now you are free to believe as you will, but I simply cannot deny what I have seen and the history of the canon for if I denied that which I have seen then I indeed would be believing a lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Refusing to see the truth, is believing a lie.
How do you KNOW what is the truth? What is the criterion or standard for truth and why?
Quote:
Refusing to see the Jewish canon as it was, and claiming it was something else, is believing a lie. There is just no way around that. Have all the opinions you want. Doesn't make a difference. Peace
It is not a matter of refusing to see the Jewish canon as it was. It is rejecting their interpretations of God and what He wants from us based on the revelations and actions of Jesus.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:56 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How do you KNOW what is the truth? What is the criterion or standard for truth and why? It is not a matter of refusing to see the Jewish canon as it was. It is rejecting their interpretations of God and what He wants from us based on the revelations and actions of Jesus.
I picture you returning home every night to find that idol of yours face down on the ground.

Seriously Mystic.
What part of take up the whole armor did you miss.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:00 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
How do you KNOW what is the truth? What is the criterion or standard for truth and why? It is not a matter of refusing to see the Jewish canon as it was. It is rejecting their interpretations of God and what He wants from us based on the revelations and actions of Jesus.

I've told you before. The word (written) is the level, the Spirit is the plumb line (upright). It takes both to build the house of G-d in perfection.

Let me put it in terms you might understand better. One is the stones, the other is the upright member. THIS is what plants the HOLY Seed. Anything else is NOT the HOLY Seed, no matter how many "I love you's" they whisper in your ear. STOP being a cheap date, and wait on the lover of your soul to make an honest "woman" out of you. Peace

Old 08-24-2017, 07:44 PM

465 posts, read 236,128 times
Quote:
The stones cry out that God is, was, will be, so is not what the stones say enough of what the scriptures state?

That if man does not say something, and it does not matter so much in terms of a scripture is man translated.

That warnings are given over and over as there is evidence to back up what occurred to nations without God.

That they got taken over by alien elements of another kind that could look like man but weren't the same kind.

The system's archives have attempted to cover up the amount of alien artifacts that are known about to blind.

The deep state feels itself incapable of getting along with the Christian community so must hammer them why.

Did you know that Christians are going to stick together even more now than when they feel there is the F.B.I.

Well, ya, since 02/2013 when it became a necessary to become STATE PROPERTY F.B.I. an informant s, f.b.i.

No pay just a volunteer who has laid their life down for the brethren to be given free breaks to expound Bible.

We don't care what the atheists choose to think nor the pagan temples of Satanic practices Egypt says revival.

Who cares if pages were torn out of the Bible versions we have or others gathered things as to be saddled sigh.

We have enough of the real Word of God that to be true is the most important thing that ya some will be for Pi.

The most important thing is for the church world to come together inside of consciousness that Jesus is right.

Everything else the system's advocates have is never going to give that freedom the LORD has for he is Christ.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I've told you before. The word (written) is the level, the Spirit is the plumb line (upright). It takes both to build the house of G-d in perfection.

Let me put it in terms you might understand better. One is the stones, the other is the upright member. THIS is what plants the HOLY Seed. Anything else is NOT the HOLY Seed, no matter how many "I love you's" they whisper in your ear. STOP being a cheap date, and wait on the lover of your soul to make an honest "woman" out of you. Peace
Rbbi although I can agree with this from my own understanding of the scriptures being the level and the Spirit the plumb line, we still differ on that which = scripture. I see scripture in more then just the Jewish/protestant canon, if everything Jesus said and done was written down the world could not contain the things written, and I see the law, the whole law as spiritual and was never meant to be taken literally.

Thus we have many thing we actually agree on, but taken from a little different perspective, which makes me think you and Mystic ( because I also agree with much of what he says) have a disconnect which you both can't seem to see past.

For instance I don't think Mystic ( I could be wrong here, Mystic let me know if I am as I don't want to speak for you) would have a problem with the way I understand the law as being spiritual and only spiritual. Thus when the scriptures talk about the sacrifices and bashing babies head in with a stone they are written in mythos, allegorical, parable,whichever word does not offend your senses. Thus there is no barbarity to speak of, the barbarity only comes in when that which is spoken in mythos is taken literally and people go out and actually/literally do those things.

Now it could be you believe these things are to be taken literally and if you do, this is where I agree with Mystic that it would be barbaric for how can one not think literally bashing babies heads in with a stone is not barbaric.

Anyway according to the way I see things there is actually common ground between what you two believe if you can actually see it. I see it, but that could be because I see things from a little different perspective then both of you guys.

But hey I could be wrong on all accounts but I don't think so.

Start from where you guys have common ground and work out from there, it might be you will find you have more in common then you first thought.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:52 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I picture you returning home every night to find that idol of yours face down on the ground.
What idol would that be, pinacled??? The only ones I see revering idols are those who think a book is the word of God instead of Jesus.
Quote:
Seriously Mystic.
What part of take up the whole armor did you miss.
I did not miss anything. I follow the Comforter who represents the "mind of Christ" that is defined in detail by Jesus. It is an absolute, unchanging standard that does not EVER need to be excused or rationalized as mysterious or beyond our understanding.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:26 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
For instance I don't think Mystic ( I could be wrong here, Mystic let me know if I am as I don't want to speak for you) would have a problem with the way I understand the law as being spiritual and only spiritual. Thus when the scriptures talk about the sacrifices and bashing babies head in with a stone they are written in mythos, allegorical, parable,whichever word does not offend your senses. Thus there is no barbarity to speak of, the barbarity only comes in when that which is spoken in mythos is taken literally and people go out and actually/literally do those things.
Not speaking for Mystic, but there is NO way that an image of bashing babis heads against stone is "spiritual" or fosters what Jesus taught. The barbarity comes in with the attitude of violence.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Not speaking for Mystic, but there is NO way that an image of bashing babis heads against stone is "spiritual" or fosters what Jesus taught. The barbarity comes in with the attitude of violence.

Hi Nate, it is a hard thing to see the mythos in scripture so those reading it more often then not go with the literal as you seem to be doing here.

Paul told us the law is spiritual , thus to understand the law one has to look at the spiritual not the literal.

There is the literal man adam; and there is the spiritual man; Jesus Christ

The literal is of the earth earthy the spiritual is of the heavenly

Now we are told that Moses and the prophets point to Jesus Christ; so unless we are seeing Jesus in Moses and the prophets we are not seeing in the spirit but in a literal fashion the things that are written.

Our own thoughts and words are our children; and this can easily be seen in that Jesus Christ is the son of God, he is also called the word of God, called the stone or rock of God, called our foundation.

What Jesus is called is a mythos, for he is not literally a word or a stone/rock.

So one needs to look for these mythos written in Moses and the prophets and see how it applies to what we know of Jesus Christ, for Moses and the prophets point to him.

So when we are told of bash babies heads against a stone we are not to take it via the earth earthy or literal but we are to see it via the spiritual.

Thus if our thoughts and words are our children ( and we see Jesus being spoken of this way) we are to take those earthly literal thoughts and bash them against the rock who is Jesus Christ and happy is the man who will do this.

Thus even in Moses and the prophets we are being told to take every thought captive to Jesus Christ.

Moses and the prophets point to Jesus, that which is spiritual and are never to be taken literally of the earth earthy.

So for me, yes bashing ones children against a stone is indeed a spiritual lesson that does foster what Jesus taught and was spoken of Him.

The barbarity for me comes in when people take that which is spoken in spirit literally and goes about doing that which is spiritual literally, killing in the name of God thinking to do Him service.

A good rule of thumb for me is to look at what Jesus is called in mythos (word, rock etc) and see where Moses and the prophets speaking in mythos points us to Jesus Christ.

But hey, that is just me, everyone has their own road to travel.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:20 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Pneuma. I absolutely agree with your premise but there are some elements of the Old Testament that are simply barbaric and NOT conducive to ANY spiritual xplanation. You can not separate the actual words and image from ANY interpretation. Methodology of commentary on Torah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity