Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:12 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,417,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Re: 'everything is God's Will...'
I would not say that personally...I put it this way...
'You exist because of the One that created the Universe and all things...from there you
are on your own to do whatever, be whatever, experience whatever...you are a free range being...
the power you have to create your own life experiences is yours!'

I find that quite exciting and wonderful.

I agree. I have the power to respond to my life circumstances in a way that shapes how I experience my reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All things happen because they are the will of God. Even things we don't like.
True God is omnipotent, all powerful. So with permission, I'm going to tweak your answer.

It should be understood that Scriptures does not teach that all things which happen must happen because of God's will.
God does not will evil. It's important to make this distinction of God's will because people will use that to point the finger at God for their unbelief or for terrible things that happen in this world.

Evil actions \ unbelief is not the result of God's will, but the fault of and in human and his evil.
"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth,
and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time."
~ OT God

"For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality,
theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly."
~ Jesus NT God
So when it is asked blasphemously " Including me not believing in it?'

The answer is: no, a person is accountable for their own unbelief. And since God will not be mocked, He at times will enact his just judgement in the here and now ... making final the inability for a person to believe aka hardening the heart.

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-11-2017 at 10:46 AM..

Old 08-11-2017, 10:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,058,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
it is important to pray for what you want even if you don't get it now and in that prayer ask him to change your hearts' desire (of this minute/time ) if needed for his better plans and our hidden in him desires.
people may want to live rich but he says " be faithful in little and I will give you more ", it is always about being faithful. don't forget that.

like I just went through hell and back on some of these concepts ..... Jesus kind of tempting me for me to find out my hearts most deep desires. I wouldn't have guessed some of them were there ... but they were and he uncovered them where pain from scars had scared/hardened over somethings I wanted most. and mostly I learned . how important those things were to me and what I would give up to get those things , that I wanted the most. it is not stuff for me but I had to have a few things ( or things removed ) to do that stuff for others.

Amen. What most don't realize is that all of us, all of our soul, the mind, will, emotions, and DESIRES, have to go onto the altar to be replaced by HIS. THAT, is the sanctification of the soul, the processing that goes on in inside the inner court for those who have entered in there in the first place by reason of His baptism. He literally applies the fire of the HG to each section of us as we SUBMIT to Him in all things, cleansing by fire (His) the motive behind it. And it's not a pretty sight, anymore than gutting an animal for sacrifice was a pretty sight, but this is how He gets at the INWARD PARTS, the parts that are hidden in the darkness. Peace

Old 08-11-2017, 10:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Amen. What most don't realize is that all of us, all of our soul, the mind, will, emotions, and DESIRES, have to go onto the altar to be replaced by HIS. THAT, is the sanctification of the soul, the processing that goes on in inside the inner court for those who have entered in there in the first place by reason of His baptism. He literally applies the fire of the HG to each section of us as we SUBMIT to Him in all things, cleansing by fire (His) the motive behind it. And it's not a pretty sight, anymore than gutting an animal for sacrifice was a pretty sight, but this is how He gets at the INWARD PARTS, the parts that are hidden in the darkness. Peace
Primitive nonsense.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:37 PM

88 posts, read 36,815 times
The saying is whatever you ask for in His name you will receive but the problem is no one truly asks in His name because they do not know that to ask in His name is to find the truth. It is not to Ask for personal things.

Remember He said that God would provide for the believer. Believe is to serve, in spirit and in truth.

"Ask and you shall receive, knock and the door will open, seek and you shall find."

Old 08-15-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
The saying is whatever you ask for in His name you will receive but the problem is no one truly asks in His name because they do not know that to ask in His name is to find the truth. It is not to Ask for personal things.

Remember He said that God would provide for the believer. Believe is to serve, in spirit and in truth.

"Ask and you shall receive, knock and the door will open, seek and you shall find."

Name denotes the nature of a thing, look at all the names in the Book, to prove this. So then, it becomes not the ritual almost it has been turned into of asking in Jesus's name, but rather of asking in His NATURE. WORLD of difference, both in meaning, and in applicability to what is asked for. Peace

Old 08-15-2017, 09:58 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,118,695 times
Our prayers matter because they connect us with God. The purpose of prayer isn't always to get a desired outcome. Just being able to talk with God is awesome, and prayer helps grow my Faith because I know that God is in charge. Therefore, whatever the outcome- it doesn't change that or His love for me.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Our prayers matter because they connect us with God. The purpose of prayer isn't always to get a desired outcome. Just being able to talk with God is awesome, and prayer helps grow my Faith because I know that God is in charge. Therefore, whatever the outcome- it doesn't change that or His love for me.

And this too.... Peace

Old 08-15-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Name denotes the nature of a thing, look at all the names in the Book, to prove this. So then, it becomes not the ritual almost it has been turned into of asking in Jesus's name, but rather of asking in His NATURE. WORLD of difference, both in meaning, and in applicability to what is asked for. Peace
A name is what one wants to be called by. What one responds to.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Just because one thinks God heard them doesn't make it so. Scripture says What God heard and who He hears.

"The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked. "

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity