Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 01:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
i'm not sure if religions twists some people, or if twisted people find a religion that fits their warped worldview.
It is difficult to separate the two, both are predominant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 01:42 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What is typical is the sanctimonious crying over shortened names as being equivalent when:
  • Pleroo shorten her name to Hep in post #56, #60 ...
  • You shortened her name to Miss H in post #64 ...
and there is no crying for being disrespectful then.

Fact is the only wiggling being done is by you and Hep (or Miss H ... or affectionately Hepburn) for the obvious rejection of him who is The Way and the Truth.
You simply continue your act of wide-eyed innocence when you KNOW that 1. you continued in the form of address after Miss H objected to your use of it, and 2. you know as well as I am that last name only addresses are used in our culture to demean particularly someone toward to whom you have demonstrated hostility (shown graphically in this thread).

Is there any wonder why we realize the congruence of unpleasant personalities and your theology? Chicken or egg hardly matters when the result is rotten in either case.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:02 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,817,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And when the sewers of demonic hubris vomit overflows from the pits of hell ... the bucket brigade faithfully appear.

We'll see who has what ... someday.
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates.

15But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

I, Yeshua, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.”…

They rush on the city, They run on the wall; They climb into the houses, They enter through the windows like a thief.

So He said to them again, "Truly, truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:31 PM

1,146 posts, read 650,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
For me all of this is so simple.
One moment of a heart change, an awakening...and a life of debauchery is dropped and
you are on your way to Heaven and beauty... This is the very Nature of Love.
Agree?
Disagree?
Rubbish. Pure and simple hokum. Put me down as a disagreement.

Love will never change a person's heart. Never.

All you need is love. - The Beatles

Love always directs one's attention elsewhere - to another person, to an object or perhaps to a goal of some sort. Love must fasten upon an external object. Even if it discovers such a prize, the heart remains in its original condition. Love only makes it beat a little faster. Ever hear a story about a happy couple who married - only to experience domestic abuse years later? Love grows cold and only the original condition of the heart will determine the future - not momentary passion or lust or affection.

Only High School children, who are over heated by raging hormones, believe that love can solve life's problems.

Most men lead lives of quiet desperation. - Thoreau

There are very few people who love themselves enough to make massive changes in a debauched life. Most folks just thrash around trying to make a living and trying to enjoy time off. People who really really respect themselves seldom get debauched in the first place. Read a few biographies. Those with exemplary lives respected themselves sufficiently to make sacrifices necessary to advance to some goal or purpose. However, this is a long way from life changing love.

Most people stumble through life. Sometimes they get into trouble. Sometimes they wake up and work to get out of it. Love has nothing to do with it. This is an accurate observation applicable to pretty much everybody. Love, all by itself, is nothing more than an expression on a greeting card.

Fall in love with someone else - and life lights up like a Christmas tree.

Even then, love may not save you from bad habits, bad choices or the eternal lake of hell fire. Love will not get you a good job and love will not permanently improve the attitude of the heart. The human heart is deceitful and wicked. Who can know it? Adolph Hitler loved and married Eva Braun. What good did that do? Love is NOT the answer.

The only way to improve one's condition in life is to know someone who can give you a boost. The same is true for admission to heaven. One must surrender to and come to know God in Christ Jesus. This is truth in life and after-life. You can take it to the bank. It's not about love. It's about doing something deliberately to improve your life.

Just do it. - Nike

Repent believe and be saved in the name of Jesus Christ.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 09-29-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 04:18 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Rubbish. Pure and simple hokum. Put me down as a disagreement.

Love will never change a person's heart. Never....
God IS love, so you are essentially saying that God will never change a person's heart.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:39 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Miss H, You are like the breeze on a summers eve. Your joy and love of life is contagious.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:53 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,943,094 times
Quote:
Your view is the very definition of blasphemy.

That's probably one of the most profane, offensive things I've ever read.

Edited to add: I just keep thinking about what you have written here, Choir Loft. Why would you say this? This is making me feel very, very sorrowful for you. Love is the most powerful thing there is for God *IS* Love. Have you not experienced His profound love? What's going on with you? Why would you say this? I really cannot stop thinking about you, now.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 09-29-2017 at 05:31 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 05:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Miss H, You are like the breeze on a summers eve.
Your joy and love of life is contagious.
What did I do now?

Old 09-29-2017, 05:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:

Love is NOT the answer.
Thank you for that ! That was hysterical !

Now I won't use any on you...Lol !

Old 09-29-2017, 08:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What did I do now?

You wrote another OP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity