Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 12:17 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, I am a Christian but His birthdate has nothing to do with why I follow Him. Why is it important to you? He is our Saviour NOT because of the date He was born but because of what He achieved for us all.
I left the verse on purpose mystic.
Did you miss that it was in giving with the title of the op.

Though I imagine if myself or any other poster were to write in a more simplistic explaination, you would still contrive to rebute away that the promise of salvation was given to a people that are still here today.
And the nation's that have blessed them have loved the Lord with all their Hearts.

The Shepherd is faster than his own sons thoughts in wanting to come home.

Last edited by pinacled; 11-02-2017 at 12:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 12:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
The proof of the Bible shows that Jesus was not born in December. We can look at just the first few verses of Revelation 12.

They show the Sun is in the constellation virgo (Woman clothed with the sun). The sun is only in Virgo during late August and September.

These verses are talking about the birth of the Jesus.
A good indication is that the Sheppards would not be sleeping out in the fields with their sheep in the winter

Old 11-02-2017, 12:36 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
A good indication is that the Sheppards would not be sleeping out in the fields with their sheep in the winter
True.
There would be nothing but cold hard ground during this time of year(winter). And absolutely no green fields to pasture a flock. Much less a comfortable place to rest and enjoy the beautifull star lit sky.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
True.
There would be nothing but cold hard ground during this time of year(winter). And absolutely no green fields to pasture a flock. Much less a comfortable place to rest and enjoy the beautifull star lit sky.
So, that means that they would be stabling there flocks in town...And that's why they were afforded room in the stable...The animals were all out in the fields with their Sheppards...

Old 11-02-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
True.
Even our farmers today leave their livestock in the fields during the warm months and during the cold months they have them in the barn and feed them silage...I grew up on farms as a kid and worked...

Old 11-02-2017, 06:26 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
True.
Much as I hate to jump in on this silly thread, and much as I know December 25 was simply co-opted from solstice observances, it would not necessarily have been too cold in December for shepherds (and why is there such difficulty spelling that word? Sheep + herd and lose an e) to be out with their flocks.

Israel is not in a northern climate. Temps in December would only be in the 40s. There's still grass in the 40s. People who live outdoors can be comfortable in the 40s.

Nobody knows, and it doesn't matter.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Much as I hate to jump in on this silly thread, and much as I know December 25 was simply co-opted from solstice observances, it would not necessarily have been too cold in December for shepherds (and why is there such difficulty spelling that word? Sheep + herd and lose an e) to be out with their flocks.

Israel is not in a northern climate. Temps in December would only be in the 40s. There's still grass in the 40s. People who live outdoors can be comfortable in the 40s.

Nobody knows, and it doesn't matter.
I guess you have never been in the ME...Even in the summer months the temperature gets chilly in the night...I was in Iraq in 2005 during the winter months...And in Afghanistan it snows...

Old 11-02-2017, 06:57 AM

Winter Travel in Israel Packing Guide – November to April

Winters in Israel are mild compared to North America but can get quite cold
Jeans/pants
Pack a shell or rain jacket as well as other layers
Sweater, fleece jacket, hat and gloves
Pajamas
Undergarments
You may start the day out with a jacket, by midday take it off and put it on again come evening.
From October – April temperatures range from the high 40s to the high 60s. Showers may fall during this period, so an umbrella is wise. Bring a jacket, a few sweaters and long pants for visits between these months
Year-round in Israel Travel Packing Guide
- https://www.giltravel.com/israel-tou...her-in-israel/

Now consider global warming nowadays...

Old 11-02-2017, 06:58 AM

998 posts, read 436,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
The proof of the Bible shows that Jesus was not born in December. We can look at just the first few verses of Revelation 12.

They show the Sun is in the constellation virgo (Woman clothed with the sun). The sun is only in Virgo during late August and September.

These verses are talking about the birth of the Jesus.
How about the verses you are referring to is not about the birth of Jesus but His crucifixion. According to the spirit of Ama, Jesus was crucified and died in August 17. I believe Him for I have proven that He is correct in both birth (May 23) and death of Jesus.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
How about the verses you are referring to is not about the birth of Jesus but His crucifixion. According to the spirit of Ama, Jesus was crucified and died in August 17. I believe Him for I have proven that He is correct in both birth (May 23) and death of Jesus.
Who the heck is AMA?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity