Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 02:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Lately there's been a guy calling here claiming to represent the IRS and wanting us to pay up our supposed back taxes immediately or they're going to come after us. He's a liar and a scammer. We don't owe any back taxes.
And the point is that you need to verify that the letter in question IS from the IRS...or get scammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 02:28 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Excellent analogy, actually. No different than ignoring a letter from the King of a Kingdom and expecting things to go well with you.

There was such a thing back then as seals made with King's signet ring, indicating that if the seal was not broken you could count on the fact that the writ came from the King. The men that wrote the NT as well as the Tanach, were sealed with the seal of the Holy Ghost, after He had written what He spoke onto His cylindrical "scrolls", which is essentially what men are to Him. This is why He now sits at the right hand of the Father (as the seal/ring designating the right to speak in the King's stead) and shed forth the seal/mark to mark what was spoken as coming from the King of all. Peace
Amen, Amen

Old 11-03-2017, 02:28 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the point is that you need to verify that the letter in question IS from the IRS...or get scammed.
Exactly.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:28 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And that is bogus rational unless you really think an audit letter from the IRS ... or a Supreme Court subpoena ... carries no authority with it because it's not the IRS or the Supreme Court.
Rejecting any part of the audit letter or subpoena is the equivalent of defying the IRS or Supreme Court

So stop with the semantics ... every word of the Holy Bible is from God the Holy Spirit.
Rejecting any part of the Holy Bible is the equivalent of rejecting God the Holy Spirit.
Jesus said that people could speak against him and be forgiven, he said people could not keep the law, and EVEN teach other people not to keep the law{rejecting the word of God} and STILL BE SAVED. Even if all your works burn in the fire, there is STILL salvation.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Lately there's been a guy calling here claiming to represent the IRS and wanting us to pay up our supposed back taxes immediately or they're going to come after us. He's a liar and a scammer. We don't owe any back taxes.
Exactly my point. Have you ever been audited? ... Ever been issued a court summons for jury trial?
Have you ever had to (or seen people) verify genuine currency vs. fraudulent?

Fact is I have, I have and I have ... and all of the "yea but I sincerely know better so everything is my discretion" is irrelevant when faced with the genuine as far as the power at be is concerned.
Whether one want to acknowledge it or not, they (for all intensive purposes) make no other claim in being genuine other than self authentication.

Now of course it's totally up to you to suggest that to face the repercussions for rejecting the genuine article because of whatever reason is akin to threats and condemnation, "believe or else" despite Jesus' clear unambiguous words i.e. John 3:36, John 14:6, John 15:6, John 17:17, Matthew 25:30-41 (not to mention Galatians 1:8-9; 2 Timothy 3:15-16).

---or---

you can hold the opinion that all of Scripture (OT\NT later) was inspired to be written out of love for the fallen humanity to recognize God's seriousness about sin and the need for a Savior so as to have eternal life with God.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:11 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Exactly my point. Have you ever been audited? ... Ever been issued a court summons for jury trial?
Have you ever had to (or seen people) verify genuine currency vs. fraudulent?

Fact is I have, I have and I have ... and all of the "yea but I sincerely know better so everything is my discretion" is irrelevant when faced with the genuine as far as the power at be is concerned.
Whether one want to acknowledge it or not, they (for all intensive purposes) make no other claim in being genuine other than self authentication.

Now of course it's totally up to you to suggest that to face the repercussions for rejecting the genuine article because of whatever reason is akin to threats and condemnation, "believe or else" despite Jesus' clear unambiguous words i.e. John 3:36, John 14:6, John 15:6, John 17:17, Matthew 25:30-41 (not to mention Galatians 1:8-9; 2 Timothy 3:15-16).

---or---

you can hold the opinion that all of Scripture (OT\NT later) was inspired to be written out of love for the fallen humanity to recognize God's seriousness about sin and the need for a Savior so as to have eternal life with God.
What do these scammers do though when they call you? They say, send us money or we will come arrest you. I had somebody call up my husband claiming to be our cell phone provider and told him they were going to cut off service immediately unless he paid the bill over the phone right there. He told them to bleep bleep and then called me asking if I had paid the bill. I had, it was a scam. The genuine article doesn't threaten people.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:13 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
And that is bogus rational unless you really think an audit letter from the IRS ... or a Supreme Court subpoena ... carries no authority with it because it's not the IRS or the Supreme Court.
Rejecting any part of the audit letter or subpoena is the equivalent of defying the IRS or Supreme Court

So stop with the semantics ... every word of the Holy Bible is from God the Holy Spirit.
Rejecting any part of the Holy Bible is the equivalent of rejecting God the Holy Spirit
Exactly HOW do you know what you have written in the bold is actually true???? What validation method did you use? How did you check it with God?

Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The genuine article doesn't threaten people.
Insightful, in more ways than one.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What do these scammers do though when they call you? They say, send us money or we will come arrest you. I had somebody call up my husband claiming to be our cell phone provider and told him they were going to cut off service immediately unless he paid the bill over the phone right there. He told them to bleep bleep and then called me asking if I had paid the bill. I had, it was a scam. The genuine article doesn't threaten people.
and yet your confident that it wouldn't be scam if somebody tells you that to defy a genuine IRS \ Court
summons has no consequences despite the IRS\Court factually stating so.

And when that "somebody" just so happens:
  • to be the only person to always only tell the truth,
  • claims that what he says is from the genuine article cause he so happens to be the Son
  • whose was known for speaking as someone with authority unlike the scammers
  • backed up his words being authoritative and true by doing miraculous deeds
.......... it's really a mute point if you defy the genuine article cause of your unfortunate misplaced decision to listen to scammers \ pay them \ harboring subsequent resentment towards the genuine article despite not heeding from that unique one and only "somebody" to believe him.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:05 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If it were it would be consistent. It's not no matter how many fantastic explanations you come up with.
Obviously. Bible worship is astonishing considering there were hundreds of years when no believer in Christ had any such thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity