Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2017, 02:25 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Celebrating Christmas a sin? No, it is not. We have to encourage people to celebrate the birth of Christ The angels rejoiced. The shepherds rejoiced. The three kings rejoiced. What the spirit of Ama said about Christmas is on page 18 and page 19.
Can you show me where it says THREE kings rejoiced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 02:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Astrology is forbidden in the Bible.
You mean, where most of your beliefs came from?

Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Celebrating Christmas a sin? No, it is not. We have to encourage people to celebrate the birth of Christ The angels rejoiced. The shepherds rejoiced. The three kings rejoiced.................
Huh, I can't find anywhere where three (3) ' kings ' are mentioned in Scripture.
For safety sake, caravans in those days were comprised of more than three (3) persons.
I read about three (3) gifts given, but I do Not read about how many persons gave those (3) gifts.
Also, the un-numbered magi were definitely Not kings but astrologers. ( I suppose magi is from magician ).

Old 11-24-2017, 03:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
well at least you own up to it for me, daily, knowing that Jesus died so that i may live ,(John 3:17), are "the most wonderful days of the year!"
I find no joy in another's death.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I find no joy in another's death.
Was the joy in Jesus' death because if Jesus remained dead we could Not gain everlasting life, rather the ' joy ' is that God resurrected Jesus so that we could gain everlasting life. God resurrecting Jesus was proof that God approved of Jesus' ransom sacrifice of his life for us. Jesus' ransom covers many according to Matthew 20:28.

We are to remember, or have a remembrance of the day of Jesus' death ( often called as Good Friday ) because without his death there would be No resurrection, No resurrection would mean No future life for us.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:53 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,333,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Was the joy in Jesus' death because if Jesus remained dead we could Not gain everlasting life, rather the ' joy ' is that God resurrected Jesus so that we could gain everlasting life. God resurrecting Jesus was proof that God approved of Jesus' ransom sacrifice of his life for us. Jesus' ransom covers many according to Matthew 20:28.

We are to remember, or have a remembrance of the day of Jesus' death ( often called as Good Friday ) because without his death there would be No resurrection, No resurrection would mean No future life for us.

and without Jesus' birth/incarnation/coming into this world there would be no sacrificial offering on the cross, no redemptive death, and no resurrection to demonstrate His triumphant conquest of death and hopefully that of those who trust in that conquest of death and rising to new life as a foretaste of what with God's grace and mercy can happen to them. it's ALL connected and without one thing there cannot really be another---and it all started with (as many believe) a Virgin giving birth in to a Child a manger in certain place at a certain time---for many Christians that's how God's plan of salvation through Christ works out.

in the peace, love, and mercy of God in Christ who calls us to welcome the "newborn King" to reign in our hearts both on "Christmas" (and most importantly) EVERY other day.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-26-2017 at 04:53 AM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 11-24-2017, 05:03 PM

Jesus was Not forced to die for us. Not forced to worship his God. Just as Satan was Not forced to do what he did.
We have No say or No control in our day of birth, but we have a say in how we live our lives.
I find Ecclesiastes 7:1 to be of interest because as it says the 'day of death' is 'better than the day of one's birth'.
By the day of one's death one has made a name for himself either good or bad.
If Jesus had made a bad name for himself then God would Not have resurrected Jesus out of the grave - Acts 2:27,31-32.
Jesus saw the great value in his day of death because the ' day of Jesus' death ' is the day Jesus wants us to remember - Luke 22:19.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,333,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus was Not forced to die for us. Not forced to worship his God. Just as Satan was Not forced to do what he did.
We have No say or No control in our day of birth, but we have a say in how we live our lives.
I find Ecclesiastes 7:1 to be of interest because as it says the 'day of death' is 'better than the day of one's birth'.
By the day of one's death one has made a name for himself either good or bad.
If Jesus had made a bad name for himself then God would Not have resurrected Jesus out of the grave - Acts 2:27,31-32.
Jesus saw the great value in his day of death because the ' day of Jesus' death ' is the day Jesus wants us to remember - Luke 22:19.

indeed Christ was not "forced" to die for us (don't think that was either expressed or implied in my post)---He FREELY offered Himself to the Father for us in loving obedience to fulfill the will of God ("...Father not My will but Thy will be done").

again, Jesus had to be born in order to do all He did. Christians do NOT observe His "birthday" they ACTUALLY observe His "taking flesh" and coming into the world to begin and ultimately complete the work of our salvation--for most Christians a totally UNIQUE event in history for the Divine and Infinite and Perfect to come from eternity into time to share our mortal, limited, and imperfect human condition and walk among us and thus completely worthy of solemn and joyful remembrance EVEN as ALSO we remember and rejoice over His sacrificial suffering and death for our salvation and glorious resurrection to triumph over sin and death .

in the peace of Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 11-24-2017 at 05:55 PM..

Old 11-24-2017, 05:27 PM

998 posts, read 436,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Can you show me where it says THREE kings rejoiced?
Their names are Melchor, Baltazar, and Gaspar. Their names are not in the Holy Bible but are in "Pasiong Mahal", page 23, the book that is chanted in the Philippines during Holy Week. Two books that the spirit of Ama told us to read: the King James Version of the Holy Bible and Pasiong Mahal.

They were real kings from three places in the east of Jerusalem (Saba or Sheba, Persia, and Arabia).

Last edited by peacecrusader888; 11-24-2017 at 06:09 PM..

Old 11-24-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Their names are Melchor, Baltazar, and Gaspar. Their names are not in the Holy Bible but are in "Pasiong Mahal", the book that is chanted in the Philippines during Holy Week. Two books that the spirit of Ama told us to read: the King James Version of the Holy Bible and Pasiong Mahal.
They were real kings from three places in the east of Jerusalem (Saba or Sheba, Persia, and Arabia).
If the un-numbered visitors were real kings then I wonder why doesn't the Bible teach that.
I find 2nd Timothy 3:16-17 teaches that ALL Scripture is inspired by God....... We are Not to add (+) or subtract (-) from Scripture according to God's Word at Revelation 22:18-19.
According to Scripture the visitors (who were never at the manger) were magi (magicians) astrologers, and Not kings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity