Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,736 times

Advertisements

The latter rain is yet to come for the conversion of Isreal.
For the rest of the gentile world, that rain happens individually.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
And..Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
To us is not the Jews for they would not hear of it but for the new converts for they accepted it freely. No signs and wonders needed.
Blessings,AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 03:17 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
I don't see the term "backslidden" anywhere in the Bible......but the idea promotes a Performance Based Salvation which doesn't exist under grace.

We receive salvation as a free gift..........

Romans 6:23 (ESV)
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
If some one gives you a free car, it is of no value if you do not register it, drive it and maintain it. It is the same with the free gift from God. If we see no real value in it, we ignore it though we may say to others "look at my free gift". If not valued and used it is valueless. How to use it we find in the examples of the Apostles, who did not sit around and say "oh look I am saved and there is nothing to do".

That free gift has a purpose beyond just our feeling good about it.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:54 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,173,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If some one gives you a free car, it is of no value if you do not register it, drive it and maintain it. It is the same with the free gift from God. If we see no real value in it, we ignore it though we may say to others "look at my free gift". If not valued and used it is valueless. How to use it we find in the examples of the Apostles, who did not sit around and say "oh look I am saved and there is nothing to do".

So while you're seated on your lofty perch why don't you spell out the reasonable performance expected from believers saved by grace, since you don't know me from a fence post or what I do. What is the penalty for failure to perform? What have you done lately to make the Apostles take notice?

Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
The latter rain is yet to come for the conversion of Isreal.
For the rest of the gentile world, that rain happens individually.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
And..Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
To us is not the Jews for they would not hear of it but for the new converts for they accepted it freely. No signs and wonders needed.
Blessings,AJ
The rain of Sukkot comes to everyone who already loves and keeps Sukkot in this is not secret, Zechariah 14 and the book of Revelation detail it happening very well. Zechariah 14 is insinuating that if you have not already accepted the feast of Tabernacles, you die. It tells us of the punishment of everyone against Judah and against Jerusalem and the ways of Jerusalem being,'' The feast of Tabernacles.''

It details it so much that it says that any person or nation who will not keep the feast of Tabernacles will receive no rain and THIS IS THE RAIN OF SPIRIT.

There are two promised rains, and while the first came to those people who loved and kept Shavuot, that spirit was handed from person to person. This next promised rain on Shemini Atzeret falls in double portion and is circumcises the flesh whether Gentile or Jew, but it states that all of Judah is Holy.

You either accept and love the feasts of the Lord or you don't, and there are bad things said about people who fight against the ways of Jerusalem. That grape harvest in Revelation happens to be the feast of Tabernacles unfolding in somebody's life.

You think you have the spirit of Shavuot? You think you have the first rain now?

THE RAIN COMES AND GOES as the seasons teach us, but by all means, I am sure we have many who need miracles.

Pray for the rain, because when it is received, you will see people shining and say,'' Please, give some of that spirit to me, touch me,'' but YOU are the one who has to pray for the rain.

If the rain does not fall on your seed, your seed will be no fruit in the last harvest and your worm will never die, your fire never quenched.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:02 AM

Limiting is not one of Jesus purpose in bringing salvation to us.

Limiting defeats the whole purpose of creation.

The law was limited to a chosen people....the Jews. The Gentile world not included.
But why....you may ask.
I've explained why in previous posts.
The Jews are a stubborn people determined to follow God's Commandments and traditions set by Moses.
Why suppose the hand of God always maintained a close connection with them.
The gentile world was second and not first.
Now, here is something for us to think about with our earthly limited thinking....
God in His wisdom created a living soul in His image only to destroy it?
Of course not.
God's love is greater than what our thinking capability can think.
I mean....when Jesus says love your enemies, what exactly does that confer to you?
When one says...."only those who"....
Are limiting God to love "only those who" and the rest can burn forever?
What kind of love is that?
What exactly is God's love?
Definitely not what we believe it is.
There was no love for Jesus by the Jews when He walked this Earth.
Suppose there is a message there?
The law kills and therefore does not excercize any love.
Tell me, which one of the ten does not condemnation you?
How can one love the enemy, when trying to follow the law, when one limits the enemy to condemnation because they follow not the law of Moses?
Where in all of it does Grace apply? Or, is Grace limited " only to those who"?

Those are things to think about when under Grace and not the law.

Blessings,AJ

Old 04-14-2018, 08:03 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,173,947 times
Grace is not limited, open to Jew and Gentile alike.....both saved eternally by the same gospel today......

Old 04-14-2018, 08:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Grace is not limited, open to Jew and Gentile alike.....both saved eternally by the same gospel today......
How about your Joe Average Pagan? Hindu? Rastafarian?

Are they gonna get toasted by your godling?

Old 04-14-2018, 08:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Quote:
So while you're seated on your lofty perch why don't you spell out the reasonable performance expected from believers saved by grace, since you don't know me from a fence post or what I do. What is the penalty for failure to perform? What have you done lately to make the Apostles take notice?
Over time, you will reap the consequences of neglect.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How about your Joe Average Pagan? Hindu? Rastafarian?

Are they gonna get toasted by your godling?
Dude.....God started the Creation of Mankind which became flawed. That includes your average Joe, Hindu and Rastafarian (?) plus anybody else you want to add in the mix .

The Potter made ..."of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour"...."vessels of wrath fitted to destruction"...and ..."vessels of mercy"...

Note..." Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles"

Hos 2:23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

God did know mankind would fall short simply because mankind had the ability of intelligence to make , as gods, (lower case g) its own choices.

So He fixed it!

Jesus fixed it. Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Hey, even if you don't believe in my godling.......he believes in you.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-15-2018, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Over time, you will reap the consequences of neglect.
Your right. Consequences are due and payable while your still alive in the flesh with final payment at death of the flesh.

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Get the "but" there? A gift is not death but eternal life.

The gift is offered since we're already in a dead state so ulls you need is, to accept it. The sooner the better.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity