Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 05:02 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
In addition, there were many prophesies that could not be seen
until after they came to pass. Kinda like a billboard that you see
in your rear view mirror.

We passed quite a few of them since 1948.
Study the word "convergence".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Yep, I believe in Jesus.

No, I don't believe in man's predictions. If you follow man, you'll get off-course and go astray nearly every time.

Check yourself and where your faith lies.
If you believed Jesus then you would be watching as He said.

Matthew 24
[35] Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
[36] Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
[37] And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:07 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Not the end of the world, but the end of this age as we know it. Jesus' second coming will be the removing of the Saints from earth (the Rapture), and that will leave the earth void of any righteousness. ...
Well, almost void of any righteousness. There will be the two witnesses, and then the 144,000 sealed. There will be some who believe them, and of those, the ones who endure to the end shall be saved.

Quote:
Study the word "convergence".
I have. For years.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:08 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Quote:
If you believed Jesus then you would be watching as He said.

Matthew 24
[35] Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
[36] Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
[37] And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
So, just stop doing everything and watch for his return? That's an irresponsible way of going through life. We're to make the most out of everyday, and use our time wisely "down here", for the gospel. Not shut ourselves up in a cave and stop living.

I get the impression that you are a very young/immature Christian.

It's time too to check your daily life, and see if you are wasting each precious day.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well, almost void of any righteousness. There will be the two witnesses, and then the 144,000 sealed. There will be some who believe them, and of those, the ones who endure to the end shall be saved.
I agree with you. There will be people who get saved during the tribulation period. Generally speaking, however, there will be no righteousness on the earth.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:16 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
I agree with you. There will be people who get saved during the tribulation period. Generally speaking, however, there will be no righteousness on the earth.
But if there be no righteous, who shall lead them out of darkness?

Old 01-20-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
So, just stop doing everything and watch for his return? That's an irresponsible way of going through life. We're to make the most out of everyday, and use our time wisely "down here", for the gospel. Not shut ourselves up in a cave and stop living.
I did not suggest to stop living, nor did Jesus; but if you don't believe Jesus' words, how will you hear me?

Quote:
I get the impression that you are a very young/immature Christian.
Your impression is misplaced, and a diversion from what Jesus said about these days that we are living in. Watch.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:20 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
TRex already quoted 2 Thess 2. It says not to pay attention to anyone claiming the day of the Lord is at hand.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But if there be no righteous, who shall lead them out of darkness?
Some of the people who failed God by dismissing the second coming as being imminent; they will have been left behind because of their negligence and procrastination. Once they realize what has just happened, they will finally get down to business with Jesus. They will then lead others to the Cross.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:26 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Some of the people who failed God by dismissing the second coming as being imminent; they will have been left behind because of their negligence and procrastination. Once they realize what has just happened, they will finally get down to business with Jesus. They will then lead others to the Cross.
Where does it say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity