Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 08:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times

Advertisements

No, Sum. that site is controversial to anyone who does not buy into their theology, which constitue the majority of Christianity. Check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 08:50 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Folks,

gotquestions.org is only very controversial to only those who oppose God’s Word. The articles are written by several authors. Obviously, agreement for everything written is nearly impossible for any site. However, the postings are well established in the faith. The negativity you might hear about the site is that it is conservative , whatever the heck that means.

The simple fact is you can put your trust into Jesus Christ and the SCRIPTURES that tells you about who He is, why He came to Earth, and His ministry. Or, you can go with the dead and face eternal damnation. The choice is obvious. Put your faith into God’s Word.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:09 AM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is NOT an issue of a firm belief and trust in Jesus and God. That makes sense. The issue is having a firm belief and faith in everything in the Bible written by fallible men or in your case the fallible men who wrote the apologetics you read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I guess that call also prevented you from answering the questions about why you propose belief in something God did not promise to the detriment of what IS promised?
Amen. We were promised the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our heart" NOT a book.
Quote:
Folks,
The Scriptures are God inspired and can be trusted. Yet we have people who just contempt for the Word and come here to cause trouble. Don’t let the dead try to sway you.
But what exactly ARE the Scriptures and which parts ARE inspired by God and which are the creation of men? How can we tell the difference? Jesus described in detail the Holy Spirit of God and demonstrated it unambiguously. If you are NOT testing the spirit of everything in the Bible against the Holy Spirit as described in 1 Cor 13, the Sermon on the Mount and Galatians 5, you are following false teachings and allowing the dead to sway you from a true knowledge of God.
Quote:
Folks,
The simple fact is you can put your trust into Jesus Christ and the SCRIPTURES that tells you about who He is, why He came to Earth, and His ministry. Or, you can go with the dead and face eternal damnation. The choice is obvious. Put your faith into God’s Word.
You CAA trust Jesus because He IS the Word of God, NOT the scriptures that tell us about Him. He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" yet most Christians look to what is "written in ink" in a book and ignore what is in their hearts. They follow the "precepts and doctrines of men" ignoring Christ's warning.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Folks,

gotquestions.org is only very controversial to only those who oppose God’s Word. The articles are written by several authors. Obviously, agreement for everything written is nearly impossible for any site. However, the postings are well established in the faith.
Gotquestions is solid, but it is not surprising the usual suspects would call it controversial.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
The simple fact is you can put your trust into Jesus Christ and the SCRIPTURES that tells you about who He is, why He came to Earth, and His ministry. Or, you can go with the dead and face eternal damnation.
There is no such thing as ETERNAL DAMNATION or life for that matter.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:20 AM

16,816 posts, read 5,022,460 times
Quote:
Folks,

The Scriptures are God inspired and can be trusted. Yet we have people who just contempt for he Word and come here to cause trouble. Don’t let the dead try to sway you.

This link is from a very trusted Christian organization.

https://www.gotquestions.org/trust-the-Bible.html
Oh the irony. When I tell you what the original scripture says, you falsely accused me of using some blog. When I link to a "very trusted Christian organization" quoting that scripture, you ignore that scripture and post a link to a biased 21st century blog.

You then witter on about scripture while ignoring the earliest scripture.

Here's another site. Eusebius of Caesarea: Demonstratio Evangelica. Tr. W.J. Ferrar (1920) -- Book 3

'(132) With one word and voice He said to His disciples: "Go, and make disciples of all the nations in My Name, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you," [[Matt. xxviii. 19.]]'

No mention of the Trinity. As I said. Eusebius, writing sometime in the first quarter of the 4th century using Origens library, which would have included gospels written in the 2nd century AD.

And Tertullian? Using Tertullian:* Evans, E: Against Praxeas (1948) we have :

"and even in this (referencing Luke 23:46) he shows himself the Son, for he would have called them his sons if he had been the Father - and tell them, I ascend to my Father and your Father, my God and your God (John 20:17). Father to Father, and God to God? Or Son to Father, and Word to God? Also what reason does the very conclusion of the gospel set as the seal upon these things that are written, except, That ye may believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (John 20:31)?"

So Tertullian DID say John ended at chapter 20. As I said.

I'm not the one with contempt for what the earliest Christians actually said.

But thank you for demonstrating the fault with fundamentalism, that people have to make SumTing up to defend it.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:21 AM

16,816 posts, read 5,022,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Gotquestions is solid, but it is not surprising the usual suspects would call it controversial.
I'd rather go with what the earliest Christians said than some 21st century blog.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:15 PM

1,183 posts, read 539,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Oh the irony. When I tell you what the original scripture says, you falsely accused me of using some blog. When I link to a "very trusted Christian organization" quoting that scripture, you ignore that scripture and post a link to a biased 21st century blog.

You then witter on about scripture while ignoring the earliest scripture.

Here's another site. Eusebius of Caesarea: Demonstratio Evangelica. Tr. W.J. Ferrar (1920) -- Book 3

'(132) With one word and voice He said to His disciples: "Go, and make disciples of all the nations in My Name, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you," [[Matt. xxviii. 19.]]'

No mention of the Trinity. As I said. Eusebius, writing sometime in the first quarter of the 4th century using Origens library, which would have included gospels written in the 2nd century AD.

And Tertullian? Using Tertullian:* Evans, E: Against Praxeas (1948) we have :

"and even in this (referencing Luke 23:46) he shows himself the Son, for he would have called them his sons if he had been the Father - and tell them, I ascend to my Father and your Father, my God and your God (John 20:17). Father to Father, and God to God? Or Son to Father, and Word to God? Also what reason does the very conclusion of the gospel set as the seal upon these things that are written, except, That ye may believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (John 20:31)?"

So Tertullian DID say John ended at chapter 20. As I said.

I'm not the one with contempt for what the earliest Christians actually said.

But thank you for demonstrating the fault with fundamentalism, that people have to make SumTing up to defend it.
This is hilarious! So, you put all your faith in one ancient text and reject the inspired Word of God. You claim that one ancient reference is truth even though the authenticity is suspect yet all the Biblical manuscripts false?

What kind of person bows down to false writing, or at the very best a fallible human, versus the Holy Spirit?

Lol!

Old 03-07-2018, 09:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
What kind of person bows down to false writing, or at the very best a fallible human, versus the Holy Spirit?
Those who see the Bible as authoritarian, instead of personal freedom.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:30 PM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. We were promised the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our heart" NOT a book.
But what exactly ARE the Scriptures and which parts ARE inspired by God and which are the creation of men? How can we tell the difference? Jesus described in detail the Holy Spirit of God and demonstrated it unambiguously. If you are NOT testing the spirit of everything in the Bible against the Holy Spirit as described in 1 Cor 13, the Sermon on the Mount and Galatians 5, you are following false teachings and allowing the dead to sway you from a true knowledge of God.
You CAN trust Jesus because He IS the Word of God, NOT the scriptures that tell us about Him. He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" yet most Christians look to what is "written in ink" in a book and ignore what is in their hearts. They follow the "precepts and doctrines of men" ignoring Christ's warning.
Quote:
Lol!
You should be asking yourself that question because it seems that is exactly what you are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity