Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 07:39 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,474,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
To sum up:

Group A believes that the all of Scripture is inspired by The Holy Spirit and is the final authority on all matters on which it speaks.

Group B believes in part of the Scripture leaning heavily on the New Testament especially when referencing Jesus’ life and His teachings. They feel that the Holy Spirit reveals knowledge to them and some of it contradicts the Bible.

Agree?
You got it. Now what did Jesus condemn the Pharisees for? Adding their thoughts to the Bible and rejecting other parts.

He in effect warned us about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 07:41 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
We get it. You only believe in parts of the Bible that you like. Other parts you treat as trash.
You seem to have significant trouble comprehending my posts. You keep lying that my standard of truth is what I LIKE but you have been told repeatedly that the standard is Christ's descriptions and demonstration of the true nature of God as the Holy Spirit of Agape (Who IS God).
Quote:
All of Scripture is God inspired. Even the parts that exposes your sin.
I have no sin that needs to be exposed and ONLY God knows the state of my mind and Spirit. Your focus on sin is irrational since Jesus has told you that we are reconciled to God and God is not counting our sins against us. Why are you so focused on sin? If you focus on loving God and each other every day you can NOT sin, but if you fail to love you can repent.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:17 PM

11 posts, read 5,298 times
If you were born again you will be saved , But you must be born again
Bible gateway… Amplified classic edition

John 3:3,5 Ezek 36:25-27,
Matt 4:17, 3:2,8,11
Mark 1:15
1 John 3:9

After your board again… You will be sanctified till the day you die, and God will keep teaching you. When these verses mean something to you and you live and breathe things of God in the Bible every day all day, and more than likely you’re saved, born again.
Jos 1:8
Jer 15:16
Psalm 119:19,24,32,97
1 pet 2:2

When you know when you die your spirit go straight to heaven, you’re born again!
I am a born-again, Penecostal, charismatic, Catholic but I belong to the kingdom church of Jesus Christ. I was born again January 2017 and still had some of the “Catholic man-made religion“ with me. Through time The holy Trinity has revealed to me through 10 or more providence things that of happened that it was the Devil that appeared at Fatima and made sky move, and the Woman who said she saw Jesus and made the first nine Fridays was not Jesus, was the devil. The promises of making the first nine Fridays or not true. For a fact one isn’t I didn’t worry about studying the rest.

You have a happy family, Jesus says I have not come to bring peace but a sword, your enemies will be in your own family. I’ve been totally disowned by my family. There is no peace there, I made the first nine Fridays, my mom made the first nine Fridays and she hasn’t had peace and her family since she was a kid

AnyWho, when Ezekiel 36:25-27 has happened to you… That’s probably a sign you’ve been born again, you’re a Christian and you’re going to heaven as long as you persevere to the end!

Old 03-10-2018, 09:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
To sum up:

Group A believes that the all of Scripture is inspired by The Holy Spirit and is the final authority on all matters on which it speaks.

Group B believes in part of the Scripture leaning heavily on the New Testament especially when referencing Jesus’ life and His teachings. They feel that the Holy Spirit reveals knowledge to them and some of it contradicts the Bible.

Agree?
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You got it. Now what did Jesus condemn the Pharisees for? Adding their thoughts to the Bible and rejecting other parts.

He in effect warned us about it.
It's no secret that mankind has inserted their thoughts into the Bible.
So, which one of you is correct? Is it Eternal torment or annihilation?

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-10-2018 at 09:57 PM..

Old 03-10-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Picking and choosing shows one of two spirits the Bible did speak of as impacting people, Ego/lack of humility and Satan's.
A failure to pick and choose among the contradictory and inconsistent spirits underlying so many of the words "written in ink" in the Bible places your Spirit in danger of failing to actually know God and Jesus and knowing God and Jesus IS eternal life.

John 17:3 (King James Version)
3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus described in detail the Holy Spirit of God and then demonstrated it unambiguously with His death. If you do NOT use His descriptions to test the Spirit of everything in the Bible, you are failing to show yourself approved by NOT correctly dividing the scriptures.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:06 PM

140 posts, read 72,429 times
Quote:
If someone denies main parts of the Bible that was fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, how can they know who God is? They must make a god based on their own understanding or desires. That breaks the 1st Commandment.

And, if they are worshiping a false god how can they be saved?
A Christian, by definition, is a Christ follower found in the New Testament Scriptures.
So by it's very definition, it is impossible to be saved and reject the bible

Old 03-10-2018, 10:09 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,830,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You seem to have significant trouble comprehending my posts. You keep lying that my standard of truth is what I LIKE but you have been told repeatedly that the standard is Christ's descriptions and demonstration of the true nature of God as the Holy Spirit of Agape (Who IS God). I have no sin that needs to be exposed and ONLY God knows the state of my mind and Spirit. Your focus on sin is irrational since Jesus has told you that we are reconciled to God and God is not counting our sins against us. Why are you so focused on sin? If you focus on loving God and each other every day you can NOT sin, but if you fail to love you can repent.
Not all members of the body serve in the same capacity.

All the Law and the Prophets hang on these?
Law
Love God with all your heart.

No Ammonite or Moabite or any of their descendants may enter the assembly(congregation)of the LORD, not even in the tenth generation.

Pretty sure this means never.

Prophets.
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the rulers.
King of kings.
A royal priesthood will never take bribes nor curse the Lord.?

Remember how Abraham was approached and offered a bribe?
To ignore the royal law in any circumstance is to take the mark of the beast.

I know you speak of the Spirit myst, "Bless those who curse you"

Take up the whole Armor

Old 03-10-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny4YourThoughts View Post
A Christian, by definition, is a Christ follower found in the New Testament Scriptures.
So by it's very definition, it is impossible to be saved and reject the bible
Non-sequitur. A Christian is a Christ follower NOT a Bible follower. Under the New Covenant, we have the Comforter (Holy Spirit) sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" NOT in a book.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:13 AM

1,183 posts, read 540,848 times
Quote:
To sum up:

Agree?
To put this in popular perspective...

Who would Biblicals scholars mostly agree with?
Who would Oprah and Hollywood mostly agree with?

Old 03-11-2018, 08:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It’s all about the context.... Jesus came to the Jewish “world” telling them of the destruction that was coming to them and if they do not believe in him they would perish in the judgement and that the kingdom would be taken from them and given to others......... that happened in 70AD
His message is eternal, not just a warning to a group of people at one time. It is very important to understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity