Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 01:49 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you knew that, then why are you trying portray a historical event (or emotions of people) as a "teaching/command from God"?
Because, Finn, I am saying that's what Biblioidoloters do.
HOWEVER, let's discuss the idea of stoning offenders to death since that IS given as a command from God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 01:53 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
HOWEVER, let's discuss the idea of stoning offenders to death since that IS given as a command from God.
The first one didn't work out for you, so you’re gonna try another one?

Old 03-09-2018, 02:24 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why are you equating the justice of God to that of humanity; and negating the call to come out of her, lest you share in her plagues?
I'm not equating it. Please make an effort to understand what people post.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:28 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
They are your words, no one else's. You need to own it, even if its tough to admit how badly you had misunderstood the verse.

Are your gods commanding you to resort to name calling, or is there some other motivation?

Learn some respect, and maybe someone will agree to educate you further.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:53 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Stoning is no longer a part of God's law, so meaningless in this discussion.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The first one didn't work out for you, so you’re gonna try another one?
The first one DID work out for me, but Finn's uncharacteristic explanation is close enough to the truth to show that the usual suspects are off-base in their claims for verbal inspiration for the WHOLE book to let it go and move on to another of the examples that were requested AND one that was mentioned earlier which does not meet the "exception" Finn notes;
Thank you for caring, please continue to pay attention.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Stoning is no longer a part of God's law, so meaningless in this discussion.
No, expatCA, the point is WHY it is no longer a part of "God's law." What changed?

Old 03-09-2018, 03:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
I'm not equating it. Please make an effort to understand what people post.
You made the transference from Israel who felt "injustice demanded action" to that of God's wrathful vengeance, while keeping yourself squeaky clean in the process. Now, that's funny! LMBO

Old 03-09-2018, 03:55 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
It was the Israelites cry for revenge, not Gods command. Israelis were humans who felt injustice demanded action.
The Bible teaches this about desiring revenge: "“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’ says the Lord.”
The OT teaches us thing about God, things about human nature and history of nation of Israel. This Psalm is about human nature and history of Israel.
You have completely misunderstood the Psalm in question. Rely more on the Spirit of God, and less on Tentmaker.Com and things will starting make sense.
It is a straw man that the scriptures are being rejected when ONLY the contradictory and inconsistent parts are rejected. The people who are being questioned here are those who see the ENTIRE Bible as God's inspired word (instead of Jesus) and consider it infallible and inerrant and protected from error by God Himself. The question that poses is why would God allow them to attribute such evil commands to Him???

Old 03-09-2018, 05:05 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
The first one DID work out for me, but Finn's uncharacteristic explanation is close enough to the truth to show that the usual suspects are off-base in their claims for verbal inspiration for the WHOLE book to let it go and move on to another of the examples that were requested AND one that was mentioned earlier which does not meet the "exception" Finn notes;
Thank you for caring, please continue to pay attention.
Finn, I think Nate just gave you some props. Hard to tell amongst the jibberish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity