Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong for Christians to use Marijuana if it is legal where they live?
YES 13 23.64%
NO 42 76.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 07:12 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,112,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWritten. View Post
It isn't wrong for a Christian to use marijuana anyhow. We know because it is one of the seed bearing plants found in Genesis for our consumption

Man made laws do not trump the bible. So enjoy but not to excess

We are to remain sober minded. And of course, if it offends another, then don't do it in front of them

Nor make it a stumbling block between you

Although we normally wouldn't smoke pot in anothers presence anyhow out of respect
Not even close. The modern marijuana plant has as much to do with the garden of Eden as a GMO corn plant. It's a plant that has been developed over many many generations and does not occur naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 07:14 AM

371 posts, read 289,826 times
The bible has herbs as medicine.

The "medicines" peddled by the pharmacutical companies can be very dangerous.
They are man made artificial concoctions.
Not that many are not beneficial but most of the time, an unaltered plant(s) substitute is better
Food is Medicine

Old 03-23-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Not even close. The modern marijuana plant has as much to do with the garden of Eden as a GMO corn plant. It's a plant that has been developed over many many generations and does not occur naturally.
I'll have to re-search this but it doesn't surprise me.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Legally, is it not still "illegal" in the US? Regardless of the local state decriminalizing it? Is it actually legalized? Or has the state simply decided not to enforce it?

Many people would think tobacco is horribly immoral. Is marijuana smoke any BETTER for a person's body? An unfiltered marijuana cigarette?

How about alcohol? We're told not to be drunkards. I don't know how one can use it for recreational purposes and NOT violate the spirit of that command.
I could never understand that either. I mean you have to drink more than your limit to know your limit.

But Jesus drank natural occuring wine, intoxicating wine, which I've never understood.

Even seemed to celebrate it as some kind of idol like drug pushers do.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWritten. View Post
I could never understand that either. I mean you have to drink more than your limit to know your limit.

But Jesus drank natural occuring wine, intoxicating wine, which I've never understood.

Even seemed to celebrate it as some kind of idol like drug pushers do.
Yes, the Jews made wine. It wasn't just "naturally occurring". They drank it for a number of reasons, besides the effect alcohol has on the brain, it also purified water, which was often poor quality. The point was to not make a habit of, or to drink for the purpose of getting drunk. There is a difference between having a drink or two, or having 10 drinks.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet people like you---so concerned that others will get "addicted" to cannabis---have no problem with sticking up for drug companies that are "legally" killing 40,000 people per year.
No, I do not care about your addictions. Knock yourself out.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 AM

88,950 posts, read 85,475,713 times
Quote:
Legally, is it not still "illegal" in the US? Regardless of the local state decriminalizing it? Is it actually legalized? Or has the state simply decided not to enforce it?

Many people would think tobacco is horribly immoral. Is marijuana smoke any BETTER for a person's body? An unfiltered marijuana cigarette?

How about alcohol? We're told not to be drunkards. I don't know how one can use it for recreational purposes and NOT violate the spirit of that command.
There is quite a gap between having a couple of drinks and being a drunkard. C'mon.

Similarly, a person who takes toke or two of weed is not the same as someone who smokes themselves into a stupor, but it's a lot harder to smoke too much weed than it is to drink too much alcohol.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:59 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
How many people die every year from prescribed opioid use?

From the CDC website:

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/overdose.html

No one has ever died from an overdose of cannabis. One report I read said that to die from an overdose would require smoking 20,000 cannabis cigarettes within 24 hours. People fall asleep long before that can occur.

Yet people like you---so concerned that others will get "addicted" to cannabis---have no problem with sticking up for drug companies that are "legally" killing 40,000 people per year.
But that's legal though so it must be right.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There is quite a gap between having a couple of drinks and being a drunkard. C'mon.
I'm sorry if I came across differently, but my point was not that 2 drinks makes one a drunkard.
Quote:
Similarly, a person who takes toke or two of weed is not the same as someone who smokes themselves into a stupor, but it's a lot harder to smoke too much weed than it is to drink too much alcohol.
Honestly? I think that's up to the individual with God. Having said that, if it's illegal, it's illegal.

And then there is the issue of smoking an unfiltered marijuana cigarette and what that does to the body. Many people consider tobacco to be immoral...why not marijuana?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:00 AM

11,250 posts, read 7,300,215 times
The people most ignorant of pot are the one's who've never tried it and/or are unfamiliar with it. They really only have "book knowledge". Come to think of it, most of the problem people in this world speak and act out of ignorance. It's time to place viewpoints in their proper hierarchy, and quit letting the noisy ignorants run the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity