Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 02:30 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It’s time for anti-Christian bigots to stop mocking and start listening.

I thought the thread was about those who profess to be, but aren't?

No, that's another topic. This is about those who are anti-Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 03:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Anti followers of the way of Jesus ,the way i see it, are those who brag they are bible believers.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
It’s time for anti-Christian bigots to stop mocking and start listening.

I thought the thread was about those who profess to be, but aren't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Exactly!

Old 03-31-2018, 07:19 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And oldie, but a goodie:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, “Don’t do it!”
He said, “Nobody loves me.” I said, “God loves you. Do you believe in God?”
He said, “Yes.” I said, “Are you a Christian or a Jew?”
He said, “A Christian.” I said, “Me too! Protestant or Catholic?”
He said, “Protestant.” I said, “Me too! What denomination?”
He said, “Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.” I said, “Me too!”
“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?” I said, “Die heretic!” And I pushed him over.
So sad, but ain't it the truth!

Old 03-31-2018, 10:44 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God is NOT holding sin against those “in Christ”, as you suggest is taught.
You really don't understand that God loved YOU WHILE YOU WERE YET A SINNER and not even looking for God? Have you ever actually studied the entire book of Romans? It is a treatise on the fact that all are lost without God and that God will save all. It also shows that God is sovereign over our understanding and that it is up to God to reveal himself to us and to reveal Christ in us. Even faith is a gift as is repentance. There will be no place for boasting about being saved. What good does it do to curse darkness? Is that all you find to do in Christ - curse the darkness? Why are you not heralding the good news instead?

Jesus said, "if the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness." Do you understand this saying?

Old 04-01-2018, 10:19 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
You really don't understand that God loved YOU WHILE YOU WERE YET A SINNER and not even looking for God? Have you ever actually studied the entire book of Romans? It is a treatise on the fact that all are lost without God and that God will save all. It also shows that God is sovereign over our understanding and that it is up to God to reveal himself to us and to reveal Christ in us. Even faith is a gift as is repentance. There will be no place for boasting about being saved. What good does it do to curse darkness? Is that all you find to do in Christ - curse the darkness? Why are you not heralding the good news instead?

Jesus said, "if the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness." Do you understand this saying?
Yes, I have studied the book of Romans. My church spends considerable time, money and effort sharing the gospel with others. We see people come to Christ every week.

Universalism, however, is a lie. Salvation is available to all, but must be accepted, by faith.

John 3

14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Yes, I have studied the book of Romans. My church spends considerable time, money and effort sharing the gospel with others. We see people come to Christ every week.

Universalism, however, is a lie. Salvation is available to all, but must be accepted, by faith.

John 3

14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires ALL people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:43 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:

John 3

Wrong, Jimmie. It is ridiculous to think that Jesus is only the OFFEROR of Salvation instead of the actual Savior. How can you think such a silly requirement would be necessary? Do you really think God is that vain that He must have your approval "or else.?"

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires ALL people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subject's response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Just got back from seeing the movie----it's really good.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:17 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And oldie, but a goodie:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, “Don’t do it!”
He said, “Nobody loves me.” I said, “God loves you. Do you believe in God?”
He said, “Yes.” I said, “Are you a Christian or a Jew?”
He said, “A Christian.” I said, “Me too! Protestant or Catholic?”
He said, “Protestant.” I said, “Me too! What denomination?”
He said, “Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.” I said, “Me too!”
“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?” I said, “Die heretic!” And I pushed him over.
I love it.

The same joke could be applied to the myriad of Lutheran denominations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity